Ophthalmologists

TEC Balcones
5717 Balcones Dr
Austin, TX 78731
512-327-7000
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2013

Everything about my visit to the south Mopac office was disappointing. Since I have glaucoma, I went to Dr. Walters for an exam primarily for a new eyeglass prescription. Apparently, this was too simple for him and his tech did the entire visit, including writing the prescription. Dr.Walters stepped in the exam room for literally 5 seconds, signed the prescription, and left. I was amazed at his total lack of concern and the fact that he did not even examine my eyes! On the way out, I noticed what seemed like at least 10 exam rooms and decided I could not recommend Dr. Walter's services to anyone.

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2013

I will not go back to this doctor. Since my surgery I can not see clear, he said that I need to get my new prescription and that would take care of it... Well now I am seeing a Doctor at the Austin Retina Associates and he has informed me that I would need to have surgery to correct my problem, Now I am afraid to have surgery thinking I might lose my eye sight. So I will live with it....

|  great doctor, but office is a pain  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Walters is one of the best in his field; Austin is lucky to have him. That said, be prepared for fairly terrible office experiences (except the Balcones office). Office staff are like Registry staff: talking on the phone, ignoring patients, making you feel like you're a burden on their time. Dr. W isn't a super friendly sort, but don't take it personally...he really cares about his patients and will spend whatever time you need to explain, test, treat, etc.