A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Weingeist:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Weingeist
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Weingeist Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Weingeist, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Hereditary Corneal Dystrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Retinal Disorders
- Uveal Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Weingeist graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Weingeist has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- V A Med Ctr, Iowa City, Ia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Alan Weingeist MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas A. Weingeist practice?
- Dr. Thomas Weingeist has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Weingeist practices Ophthalmology near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Ophthalmologists.