A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Weingeist:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Weingeist, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Hereditary Corneal Dystrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Retinal Disorders
- Uveal Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Weingeist graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Weingeist has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- V A Med Ctr, Iowa City, Ia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Weingeist accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan