Dr. Thomas Whitaker MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2017
Dr WHITAKER IS A VERY MEAN PERSON & a liar. He gets very mean when you give your opinion. I waited four hours for my appointment and when I question him he went burserk. He is consistently over booked. He starts his day 10 people behind! Be prepared to spend the day! And don,t ruffle is feathers!

March 17th, 2016
Waited 1hour and 15 minutes with dilated eyes, which, at that time, I decided enough was enough and after a short discussion at the "pay desk", I walked out! I have not received any communication of apology or explanation!! I am in the process of finding a new doctor!

March 8th, 2016
Review
Good Doctor. Satified with his level of competency. Does overbook. Wait time excessive. Major problem is he charges for every bit of paper work that leaves his office. Charge for RX lens forms. $38 charge for transfer of medical records. This practice is deplorable and shows disrespect for his patients. Guess it is all about the money.

August 24th, 2015
This place is all about money. Wanted $20.00some to fill out a paper taking 5 minutes

March 17th, 2015
Had cataract surgery, he referred me to a Charleston Dr. After surgery and I paid all expenses that Meficare didn't pay went back to Dr Whitaker for follow up and he charged me $220 per eye over and above what the other Dr charged and no one told me this before surgery. Would have went to another Dr.

March 21st, 2012
Can't Expect Much Better
Professional staff, excellent care. Been patient for years and no reason to go anywhere else. Saw negative review so I took the time to register so I could give my positive viewpoint. Does tend to get backed up in the middle of the day so either book early appointment or have patience.

June 26th, 2010
Would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Have seen him three times and each time I waited 40-45 minutes. Thought it was just my luck...until I discovered eight other people waiting to see him had the same experience. This is unacceptable. He gave no explantion of what was wrong with my eyes and treatment instructions were limited. When I had questions about the medication, he brushed me off and said have a nice weekend. My pharmacist was more helpful. Needless to say, I have found another doctor.

June 10th, 2016