Dr. Thomas Whiteneck DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Lawrenceville, GA

1.7

August 24th, 2015
Dr. Whiteneck
My normal DR was not in so they gave me Dr. Whiteneck. I swear he got his degree by mail order. I agree with everyone here on what they have stated and worse. He by far is one of the worse DR's I have ever seen. I should not even say DR. and his name in the same sentence he is that bad. All he wants to do is run tests and bill you. He is unprofessional, mumbles, says I know repeatedly and this office has gone downhill fast. Especially hiring DR's like that. All the good ones are gone from that practice. Time to move on!

October 4th, 2014
Worse Dr I have ever been seen by
My first mistake was not checking this site before I say Dr. Whitneck. I have to agree with all who have posted here. How is this so called DR. still practicing here? Rude, unprofessional, does not have a clue what he is doing. His nurse was rude also and asked me questions that were none of her business. She is a nurse not a DR. I have gone here for years and has continued to go down hill. I ony stayed as it was close to my house. Well after my Visit or lack of with DR. Whiteneck, that is it. I am off to find another DR. and I will be checking back to see if any DR's actually have any good reviews and where you do not have to wait an hour in the waiting room and then at least another 45 Mins in the room. This is the worse DR's office I have been to and I will not be back. Steer clear of this place or you will be write here also.

July 3rd, 2014
patient
A 1 is too good. This was the worst Doctor ever. I was just out of the hospital after 4 months. He never requested records for evaluations nor looked at my surgery wounds. All I got when questions were asked was "I don't know"..He also complained how long we were spending. Didn't resolved any issued & billed the insurance $375..I would question if he really went to medical school. Find a real doctor, this guy isn't... .

June 26th, 2014
Horrible Experience
If you enjoy rude and unprofessional people, Lawrenceville Family Practice is the spot. I am not the type of person to complain and I generally shy away from reviewing places but my experience with Lville Family Practice was so bad today that I thought it was only right to share to hopefully prevent another patient from undergoing the same thing. I have been a patient of this office for several years so I was shocked with my experience today. During my appointment, I sat in a waiting room for 45 minutes even though there was only one other patient at the time. Just as I was about to get up and check to make sure I had not been forgotten, I hear the doctor and nurse practioner discussing my case while being callous and unprofessional. As a patient with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and OCD, I am prescribed an anti-anixety medicine and rightfully so. As soon as Dr. Whiteneck (whom I have never met before) walked in, I was subjected to a FULL ON interrogation. Trying my best to be polite, I endured twenty minutes of interrogation and some of the most rude and inpolite behavior I've ever encountered. When explaining my anxiety/OCD issues that brought me into the office, the doctor rolled his eyes and continued to probe me into why I needed a refill of medications I was already on. I walked out in tears feeling like I was some kind of criminal instead of a patient with legitimate and documented anxiety issues wanting help. I will not be returning to Lawrenceville Family and strongly encourage others to consider finding a more considerate and professional doctor

December 2nd, 2013
Medical Assistant
I have always truly believed that you had to go to medical school to become a doctor. However, based upon my experience with Dr. Whiteneck I now find that difficult to believe. He is listed as being a Doctor of Osteopathy, I just don't understand how he completed that or any other degree. He is truly on of the densest physicians I have ever had the extreme misfortune to meet. Please don't waste your time or money. I am speaking as a former employee, not as a patient. It is difficult to see patient's you care about receive sub-standard care.

May 3rd, 2012
Very Disappointing
The minimum wait time in this office is 1 hour, and that's if you are lucky. Dr. Whitneck does not listen to you at all,always tries to talk over you, or should I say mumble over you. (He is difficult to understand). Spends 2 minutes with you and then walks out mumbling to come back for lab tests. No explanation as to what, when and why. When you go back just to simply give a vial of blood, it's another minimum 1 hour wait. My last wait time was 2hrs, 10 minutes, and it is my last visit to this office.

November 19th, 2011
Awful!
My experience with him was awful. I didn't feel that he cared about my issues or was even listening to me. He pulled out his phone to read and answer a text message during my exam!!! Can you imagine how a doctor would react if you were on your phone during the exam? They would walk out. But this guy thought it was completely fine to balance my appointment with his private life. I was stunned.I have a preexisting neurological condition which he openly admitted to having no experience or knowledge of. Way to boost my confidence. He apparently completely tuned out during my medical history, because he was unable to make the connection between a low result in my blood work to a family condition of cancer that would cause those low counts. I had to ask his nurse TWICE if he would see me for further testing because he kept trying to get me to wait a month before doing any sort of follow up work. I finally had enough and called and made an appointment for a different doctor in the same office. This was my first and last visit with this horrible excuse for a physician.

May 30th, 2011
The worst experience ever!!!
I scheduled myself and my son to see Dr. Guerreso two months in advance, but unfortunately was redirected to see Dr. (?!) Whiteneck who was the rudest, most ignorant and careless person (I wouldn't even call him a doctor) I've ever met. We came with specific and very serious issues, and left totally ignored, laughted at, literally kicked out of the office, and almost in tears. At the end, he diagnosed me with "OBESITY"... I am 5'10", 185 lbs, size 8-10 female that works out 5 days a week and lives extremely healthy lifestyle, and my overweight son who is a very active athlete, but has been struggling with weight most of his life was just laughted at and literally kicked out of the office. My request to check my son's hormons was simply ignored! The worst experience EVER!!!

December 6th, 2008
Dr. Whiteneck is one of the very few doctors that didn't judge me for past.
I didn't get to be a patient of his for too long, but it was long enough to see how caring and how great of a doctor that he was. I was in recovery from drug use and he treated me like a person. He didn't look down at me for my not so great past. Doctor's like him are hard to find. You know the one's who actually listen to the patient & truly care. I would recommend Dr. Whiteneck to anybody!