Overall Review

September 13th, 2016
Save my life
Dr. Winkler was call upon to intervene in my surgery after my original Dr. lost control of a bleeding. He saved my life. Obviously, I decided to switch doctors and stayed with Dr. Winkler. Beside that, on the checkups after, he is attentive, easy to talk with and took excellent care of me.

September 11th, 2016
Does it seem strange to describe a visit to a dcotor's office as friendly and pleasant? well then, consider me strange for that is exactly my. experience each and every time I visit. Both he and his staff are welcoming and reassuring. I've seen Dr. Winkler for routine ENT issues and, more recently, a more serious situation requiring surgery under general anesthesia. He was calm, efficient, explained everything, answered all questions and left no doubt I was ( literally) in the hands of an expert. Having a surgical procedure in a hospital under general anesthesia can be an unsettling experience. Dr. Winkler made certain he did everything possible to calm my fears and, as he predicted, the entire procedure and aftercare went off without a hitch. If you are looking for the best ENT in the Washington, D.C.. area, with the most efficient office staff, I recommend Thomas P. Winkler, M.D. without reservation.

September 9th, 2016
Review of T&A/Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction
Dr. Winkler was very good at preparing me for the operation, making sure my father and I both understood everything about the surgery, the possible but unlikely complications, and the recovery and did not have any questions before the operation. He also made sure that I had the right medications before the procedure and that I didn't have to deal with any awful reactions to the medication. During the recovery period, Dr. Winkler checked on me every day the following days to see if I had everything I needed and to see how I was doing. The follow-up appointments were very efficient and let me know if I was on track with the general recovery time and were helpful in addressing any concerns I had or might've had.

March 25th, 2016
Adult Tonsillectomy
Dr. Winkler is terrific - an expert in his field with a personal, high touch approach. I had tonsils the size of golf balls and Dr. Winkler worked with me to try first to shrink them with medication and then when that provided only temporary relief, walked me through the pros and cons of a tonsillectomy. He spent the time I needed to understand what the surgery would mean in terms of recovery. The surgery went perfectly, my recovery was exactly as he told me it would be. To fellow adult tonsillectomy patients please know that it is painful, that you do need to take time off to recover and ice chips and shaved ice type drinks are your friends for the first four days or so. What impressed me about Dr. Winkler was his regular check-ins with me post surgery. He would text -- which was perfect since I wasn't looking to talk -- to make sure that I wasn't experiencing anything unexpected. So great to have a doctor use technology in this way to keep in touch with patients. I would recommend Dr. Winkler to anyone experiencing any ENT issues and certainly to anyone considering a tonsillectomy.

January 4th, 2016
Dr. Winkler did a magic for my ear!
I went to Dr. Winkler's office with a completely ruptured eardrum and I could barely hear from my right ear. After Dr. Winkler did the surgery for my ear, my audio results showed that I had 100% recovery! I am delighted that I went to Dr. Winkler for my surgery. He took me in despite my financial difficulties and with his big heart happily accepted to do the surgery to fix my eardrum. He is a great doctor with a big heart. I highly recommend him for anyone who is looking for an excellent surgery result.

December 10th, 2015
Couldn't be happier!
Dr.Winkler removed a polyp-like growth called "Inverted Papaloma." I had been dealing with sinus infections for years and the left nostril was usually blocked. Upon seeing Dr. Winkler, he diagnosed my situation with a Polyp-like growth in my left sinus. Over several years he would take a sample of the growth for a biopsy and determined it to be benign, but could, over a long period of time,become malignant. Following a month on antibiotics for another sinus infection, I decided it was time to remove the growth. Surgery was at 7a.m. and I was home by noon. I took antibiotics for a week to prevent any infection, bit of bleeding from left nostril, but felt so relieved to be able to breath with ease. Dr. Winkler, throughout this whole procedure, was very professional, kind, compassionate and very reassuring! After six weeks, breathing so freely, I would recommend Dr. Winkler to anyone with any ENT problems, simple or difficult. He is the best, for sure.

December 7th, 2015
great experience with Dr. Winkler
He listens to his patients and takes the time to understand the problem without rushing. His office staff is fantastic and very kind to every patient. I recommend him without reservation.

November 28th, 2015
Dr. Winkler has been the best physician I have ever visited. His caring nature and dedication to help people really makes visiting the doctors office a breeze! I would definetly recommend Dr. Winkler to anyone I know.

October 6th, 2015
I was like many of my contemporaries with substantial hearing loss. My family would complained about the loud TV and my inability to hear normal conversations. I met with Dr. Capobianco a few months ago and she was fantastic. I undertook an audio test and she fitted me with the appropriate hearing aid all within a short period of time. It has been a game changer in terms of life style. I can be in a wide range of settings without any difficulty with my hearing. Dr. Capobianco was extremely professional, helpful and a joy to work with. I would recommend her and the staff at the office without hesitation. They are always helpful and friendly.

September 27th, 2015
Excellent
Dr. Winkler is an excellent doctor. He helped me remove the reoccured cholesteatoma and avoided a surgery. Dr. Winkler has solid skills and made me comfortable and gave me confidence during the treatment. I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

September 21st, 2015
Experience With Dr Winkler
I can say enough about Dr Winkler. I had Sinus surgery which was completely successful. Breathing easilty ever since

June 18th, 2015
Highly recommend
Dr. Winkler is a great doc. Very knowledgeable, supportive, and courteous. Both ear tubes and adenoids/tonsils surgeries were done very well. He is the best.