Dr. Thor Borresen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 28th, 2015
From the office staff to Dr. Borresen I couldn't ask for better care!

August 6th, 2015
Dr. Moser is a Blessing
I have seen 6 nuro's and Dr. Moser has been the only one to order a test that we did not ask for but asked the other nuro's to do. And that test proved that I had high spinal fluids. He is amazing, has GREAT bed side manners. Takes his time with you. Listens to what you have to say, and explains in great detail to options that are out their. He will not give up. My husband and I bless God that Dr. Moser fell into our laps.

December 20th, 2014
Dr. Borresen has treated my neuropathy for years. I highly recommend him if you are suffering from neuropathy.

January 23rd, 2014
Severe Migraines and Torticollis
I have read the other reviews on this site and thought I would post a review. Dr. Borressen has been my Neurologist for 2 years now. I have seen more than my fair share of doctors in my lifetime (considering I am only 42 yrs. old). Two traumatic and severe head injuries as a young child, along with genetic predisposition for certain ailments has caused me to become quite familiar with several different areas of medicine. Dr. Borressen is a very efficient and effective Neurologist, who is clearly well educated in his area of expertise. I think the mixed reviews are due to 2 factors. First, the front office staff at this (large) practice is NOT very friendly (and not always very organized). However, his nursing staff are very easy to deal with and have always been helpful about answering my calls and ensuring my prescriptions are submitted and filled (even if this means extra work on their part to fight with insurance companies). Secondly, I think his demeanor (his "bedside manor") may not be as gentle as it could be. I think this is partially just his personality and may also be a cultural difference, as he is from Norway. He is polite and listens to the information necessary to address the case... however, I agree that he wants to stick to relevant facts, and does not allow time to listen to other issues (ex. depression stemming from chronic pain) or allow as much time in each appointment for a patient to "emote" as other doctors may allot for this kind of exchange. In the end, I appreciate his candor and ability to get me in and out of his office in a timely fashion while clearly addressing all my concerns. If I were not under the care of a competent Neurologist my quality of life would be significantly impacted, so I have high expectations and definitely feel comfortable with my treatment plan as outlined and executed by the doctor and his staff.

December 27th, 2013
One of the sweetest and best doctors I have ever known, not only was he able to give me an accurate diagnosis for a rare and difficult to diagnose condition, that had gone untreated for many years, but he was able to treat it and get it completely under control.

October 29th, 2013
Best Doctor that I have had. He not only has handled my severe migraines for over 12 years., he has discovered problems that I had been having nuerologically and no other DR. had any solutions for me. He has changed my health, attitude and .
Dr. Borresen has treated me for 12 years for severe migraine's that I have since age 10. I am now 52. I had seen at least 8 other dr.s and neurologists throughout my life. He has helped me through depression and discovered that I had been suffering from Bi Polar disorder and Fibromyalgia. He takes small comments and treat the whole patient as it relates to problems in the brain and neurological system.

August 11th, 2013
Excellent
Dr Borresen saw me for my chronic headaches. I had been to numerous providers over the years failing various medications and treatments. Dr Borresen took the time to listen came up with a regimen of medications that have given me more relief than I've had in years. I am very thankful for the knowledge and care I received from Dr Borresen and would recommend him to my family and friends.

July 31st, 2013
Great Neurologist
I am a physician and my doctor recommended Dr Borresen for numbness and neck pain. I have been seeing him for over 4 years. He has been simply fantastic. I recommend him to patients and had my family see him. I appreciate his diagnostic skills and bedside manner. I do not receive and referrals from him nor am I a personal friend nor business associate. I am simply an educated consumer in the field and find him to be one of the best neurologists I have ever met b

July 10th, 2013
Horrible office
This was a horrible experience beginning by the staff messing up on my appointment time to the admin manager not calling me back to help make things right. I wouldn't recommend this office. There are a lot of other choice of fine neurologists in town. Do your homework!

January 31st, 2013
Didn't seem to want to take the time to listen. First visit with a complex problem, I was in and out of his office in 15 minutes. He did order an additional test, however when it was "normal" I was dismissed.

August 8th, 2009
Dr Borresen was personable, but very professional. He was thorough in his diagnosis, did not rush, and I appreciate that he communicated health information in a caring manner.

December 10th, 2008
Horrible Doctor
Policies are more important to him than caring for his patients. He is rude and arrogant. He refuses to call patients,even in urgent situations. YOU ARE FOREWARNED. Told me to "be happy" when I had an excruciating migraine after finding out my husband was going to be laid off. honest.