Dr. Thorir Ragnarsson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

September 27th, 2013
Fantastic, Amazing Doctor
Dr. Ragnarsson's office and bedside manner is the best of the best. If we gave scores from 1 to 10, his would be an eleven! He takes time with me, the patient, explains diagnoses very thoroughly and his visits before and after surgery are positive, sincere and uplifting! He is an absolutely amazing doctor and his nurse, Rhonda, and others, are fantastic too! Granted, he's hard to get in to see because he's so good and well liked.

December 4th, 2010
Had three hydrocephalic shunt revisions in....17 days!
I had three shunt revisions in seventeen days. I had a one inch gap in my tubing from my vp shunt. He replaced the gap in the tubing by placing metal clamps on a tube that was 20 years old. When I got my stiches out 10 days after the first revision, that night my neck started leaking. I called the dr's office the next morning and he had me come into the hospital where he was doing surgery. Turns out the tubing had broken again. This time he put in all new tubing only this time the tubing was taking too much fluid away from the brain causing me to have vacuum headaches. He then put in a while new shunting aparatus that is magnetic and can be adjusted outside the body. I went through a lot of what I feel was uneccessary pain. He claimed at the time of the second break he didn't think the rest of the tube was as brittle. Hmm what do you think is going to happen when you put METAL on a tube that is 20 years old? Needless to say I will not be returning to him (He had been my neurosurgeon since I was 10. I am now 32 years old).