Dr. Thuy Ngo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 6th, 2015
Very thorough and easy to understand diagnosis.

August 18th, 2015
Very Unprofessional
I am highly disappointed with the care I have received from Dr. Gno. The office staff was fine, but you could tell they work in an irritating environment and are super busy. My wait time to see Dr. Gno was a little over two hours, but he spent an hour and a half with me. I was told to expect this, so no big deal. I was referred to him by another specialist and had already tested positive for a condition that is necessary for a neuro disease diagnosis. The first specialist had failed to send my records that showed this positive test result. I explained what they had found to Dr. Gno and he replied, "oh he probably just told you that so as not to hurt the referring physicians feelings." This struck me as highly unprofessional. He also continued to dismiss every symptom I have, stating that "I was expecting a really fat woman in here, but you are not fat enough to have this." He continued on about the fact that I am of Cherokee blood, an assumption he made based off of my skin color, and all of the medical issues I will have. At the end I opted for the only test that could prove whether or not I do have the condition I was referred for. He told me I could have it done, but that it would come back negative. I went against his advisement, and it did come back with high, positive numbers. Dr. Gno refused to acknowledge that I am textbook all the way down with this disorder and to give me a diagnosis. Instead, he diagnosed me with migraines even though I told him I didn't have them. He also refused to give me a second opinion referral. I have never in my life met a doctor as arrogant as this man. I had high hopes that he really was as good as he seems to think he is. If you are looking for a doctor to find the root cause of your condition instead of throwing medicine to treat symptoms at you, this is not your guy! He refused to listen to me, made assumptions about my medical history, diagnosed me based on a migraine episode I had 10 years ago, dismissed other physician findings, dismissed confirmed tests, and cannot handle a patient questioning his diagnosis.

June 8th, 2015
Awesome
best neurologist you could ever ask for, you may have to wait but you do have to wait for perfection.

May 6th, 2015
Disappointed
First, the wait time is at least 45 minutes, then another 30 minutes sitting in exam room. He finally arrived, asked many questions of a political nature, then personal questions which did NOT pertain to my health. Very arrogant and intrusive on all the wrong levels. When he prescribed a medication, I took it to my physician and was informed that the dosage was so high, It could have very well been fatal. Thank God that I hadn't trusted him, thus had not taken the meds.....disposed of them ASAP.

March 21st, 2015
I have nothing but good things to say regarding Dr NGO a and his staff. My regular doctor told me for years that my pain was all in my head and I am no hypochondriac. Turns out I have been suffering, untreated for over ten years. He's the first doctor in Cookeville that actually listened and he was first to give me an exam. Would & have recommended Dr NGO. Too bad for me that he no longer accepts my insurance.

March 16th, 2015
Great bedside manner
I really Like Dr. Ngo. He talks TO me, not AT me.

August 28th, 2013
You do have to wait sometimes. However, when you are in the exam room with Dr. Ngo you receive all his attention. He works with you if you do not have insurance. I admit I have been with him a while. I have also taken the same meds for a few years now. I approached him about changing my prescription and he was no on the same page as I am. His staff is WONDERFUL. He is not perfect and does not pretend to be.

April 1st, 2013
He knows nothing about MS and is so greedy he overbooks his patients and they have to sit and wait 4 hours, theres a 2 hour waiting room wait and another 2 hour wait when your finally called back to a room. He should have more respect for his patients. Does anybody know of any good neurologists that knows about MS and doesn't make you wait 4 hours?

May 8th, 2012
he is great
the best doctor i have ever seen. wish all doctors were like him.

January 25th, 2012
CRAZY
Stayed in waitingroom 1hr and 15min. Said he's running behind, but took the lady that showed up 20 min after I did, and I was 10 min early for my apt!

August 10th, 2011
The best Neurologist available anywhere
As you all know, the nerve conduction study and EMG are some of the most painful test you can get. Let me tell you my experience:I absolutely barely felt the EMG. He is the best in the country at performing this test! Bar none!The nerve conduction study I had was on ALL of my extremities! He walked through it fast and comfortably. The most minimal pain possible. He is very nice, treats you like a person and KNOWS what he is doing. An absolutely unbelievable good experience.Excellent bedside manner and he keeps your mind off of it! I rate him 10 stars out of 5

April 6th, 2011
I seen him for a year,with no diagnoises,and when I went to a new doctor,I was told the medicine that I was taking fo my condition,prescribed by doctor Ngo. Was not used to treat my condition!