Dr. Thuy Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Ellicott City, MD

2.9

January 11th, 2017
No bedside manner. Uncomfortable experience.
When I told the aide that I was interested in getting a renewal of a prescription, I was told that the medication wouldn't help me even though it was previously prescribed by the doctor. I felt this was not her call. In addition, when the doctor came in with an assistant in training and the aide, I was asked to undress. I should have been asked to undress while they were out of the room and given a gown to put on. Then while sitting on the table practically naked, I had three people examine me. It was the most uncomfortable situation. A gown or sheet would have been greatly appreciated.

September 23rd, 2016
Retired
She is very competent and catches even the very little things. When she does an in office procedure she is quick and professional. The only dissatisfaction I have is with her staff. They are abrupt, borderline disrespectful and lack organization and professionalism. Do not judge Dr. Nguyen's skills because of a poor staff.

November 20th, 2014
Dr Nguyen has been my doctor for the last 11 years! Her expertise is unmatched! My skin is very,very happy to have her as my doctor!!

August 20th, 2013
"All my patients have to wait for an hour to see me! If you are not happy with me go see someone else!"
What a bizarre behavior shown by someone who does not deserve the respect due to a "doctor". I arrived early for my appointment with her, and was told to wait. I had to wait for one hour, and finally got called into an exam room, but she left me there again for 10 minutes. How long does she wait for her scheduled patient before marking the patient as 'no show' if the patient doesn't show up? My guess would be 10 minutes. By stark comparison, I had to wait for an hour and 10 minutes before I even got to talk to her. So, to show my justifiable displeasure at the excessive wait time and her oblivious attitude toward my displeasure, I asked her politely if she could compensate for my hour lost to meaninglessly waiting by giving a discount. Had she apologized and explained that although a discount is not possible, she would do better to make the wait time shorter from now on and make my wait worthwhile, she probably could have kept my respect for her who has the designation of an MD. Instead, she burst out in anger, pointing fingers at me, insulting me, and publicly humiliating me with a loud condemnation saying "all my patients have to wait an hour before they can see me!" Then, she added, "if you do not like me, go see another doctor." If it wasn't for that stupid hour long wait and my acute facial acne that needed attention, I would have kicked the door open and run out of the office after giving her the finger. She clearly abused her position of dominance as a healthcare provider to blame and threaten a vulnerable patient who needs her service. This is an absolutely unprofessional, demeaning, derogatory, condescending, childish, hostile, racist, haughty, self-righteous, ridiculous, and bizarre behavior that is deserving not a whit of respect that might be attached to the title "MD". Avoid at all cost, you could probably find someone who understands the concept of taking and keeping appointments.

February 20th, 2012
This doctor is wonderful. When my father was ill this awesome doctor made a house visit to treat bed sores. Her diagnosis for my basal cell was right on the mark. Dr Nguyen is very loving and caring.

January 9th, 2012
My husband had a suspicious looking mole on his back that looked like melanoma. She told him not to worry about it and did NOT perform a biopsy. A year later, it had grown larger. The biopsy came back positive for melanoma. My husband underwent surgery to remove it. We feel she should have diagnosed it a year earlier. We have lost all faith in Dr. Nguyen despite being a patient for over 15 years.

March 17th, 2011
Dr. Nguyen diagnosed me with melanoma almost 3 years ago. She said she consulted with an oncologist and reccommended no further action after removal and resection of the area. I felt like I wanted another opinion. She was rude, and offended that I did not take her word for it. I went to a reputable melanoma oncologist and was told to have a sentinel node biopsy. (Mostly to ease my fears) When I told her my decision she was offended, rude, and dismissed my decision saying I was "too nervous and a little crazy" Long story short, I had to have her surgery re done as she did not use appropriate calculations to measure the area to be treated. The cancer had spread to a lymoh node and if I had followed her advice I would be dead today. In addtion, when I went to pick up my slides from the office, i was told she needed to see my. I was panicked that she found something else. NO- she had gotten a speeding ticket and was wondering if my husband (a police officer) could fix it. She was crying and said she felt like me (emotional and worried) Wouldn't let her treat anyone I cared about!!!

October 11th, 2010
Don't waste your time!
Dr. Nguyen does not have time for you...despite what she believes, there are many well qualified physicians in the area with a better bedside manner! You will not have a problem if you just sit quiet and allow her to give you approx. 5 min of her day. When I asked a question regarding my plan of care, I was ignored. When I repeated the question, her response was rude and dissmisive. It seems she schedules excessive appointments to increase the office visits as well leading to cost the patient more copays.

August 20th, 2010
Ignored my questions and mocked my concerns
I waited 45 minutes for my appointment and afterwards when I paid, the office would not give me an itemized bill or receipt. During the exam, Dr. Thuy Nguyen ignored my questions and gave a diagnosis without listening to my history. When I asked her what tests would be run to verify her diagnosis, she told me that "she just knew" and that it would be a waste of money to run tests. I asked her if insurance covered those tests and she got angry and said "it didn't matter" if they did. I raised several concerns about my health and she was flippant in response and would not give me a straight answer. All in all, she only spent 5 minutes with me before rushing off although she hadn't addressed any of my concerns. She was either too busy to answer my questions or she didn't know the answers.

January 29th, 2010
On my first visit for acne, she was very vague when answering questions about the likely results of the prescribed medication. Six weeks later for my follow-up appt, I realized the whole time she knew that the medication she had put me on wasn't going to take care of the issue but was actually a mandatory process in order to get me on stronger medications. It really seems like she has an agenda. This doctor treats you like you don't have the brain power to understand simple reasoning and when asked questions about possible side-effects or other options, she acts put-off that you would have the nerve to question her. Yet she won't diclose her intentions. Will not return to her!

January 28th, 2010
Did not listen to my symptoms or concerns. Very rude and dismissive!

August 31st, 2009
Extremely Rude, hideous
Hi.Because of some skin irritation recently, I had to visit her. Ma'am Nguyen was rude. She also acted busy and very unsociable. Was in a bad mood. Kept insisting that results would take years so I was not to expect much and I was actualy wasting my time etc. She was hideous in her manner.