Dr. Tia Konzer DO Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Charlotte, NC

• Good
  • Bad

December 17th, 2014
Run, do not walk from this doctor
We decided to write this some years later hoping this will help others. Our daughter was suffering from depression and a junior/senior in high school when we sought Dr. Tia Konzor’s help. Dr. Konzor’s bedside manner toward us (parents) was unprofessional. Once we were in Dr. Konzor’s office for our daughter’s visit and an intern was present. We asked that the intern not be present when we discussed our daughter’s condition. Dr. Konzor responded that our daughter had given her permission for the intern to remain and that therefore the intern could remain. We explained that our daughter was a minor who suffered with depression and as her parents we made the final decisions. The conversation became heated and the intern voluntarily left the office. Under Dr. Konzor’s care our daughter’s condition deteriorated. At one point we were uncertain whether she would be graduating from high school not to mention attend college. Dr. Konzor convinced us that our daughter’s future might include a normal life but the chances were very slim. Under Dr. Konzor’s care and the medications she was giving our daughter, she often thought about committing suicide. This had not happened before. Based on the information Dr. Konzor provided us and the signs that our daughter was getting worse, we began to accept the fact that we would always have to care for her and she would never have a normal life. We were then referred to a second doctor. During our first visit, he looked at the medications Dr. Konzor had prescribed and immediately told our daughter to stop taking the medications. In his opinion, the medications were making her condition worse. Once her medication was changed, we noticed her condition improved. We were so upset with Dr. Konzor’s care that we contacted an attorney in attempt to sue her. Two attorneys informed us it would be difficult to successfully sue her. In closing, our daughter is currently a junior in college with a 3.8 GPA and she is considering attending medical school. We are convinced that if she had remained under Dr. Konzor’s care her/our future would have been totally different.

July 26th, 2012
The Best
Dr. Konzer is one of the best doctor's I have ever seen, and the best psychiatrist. She takes her time and makes you feel like you are the only patient she is seeing that day. She asks her patients what they want to do, instead of just ordering something and sending them on their way. The doctor I saw before her would schedule 15 minute follow-up appointments and ran a tight schedule. He would ask if I was taking the medications he gave me, if I felt depressed, and if I needed any refills. That was it. Dr. Konzer, on the other hand, scheduled 30 minute follow-up appointments, asked how I was doing (and listened), told me her perspective and then asked me for mine. Only after I had expressed my concerns would she move on to discussing medications and refills. She is unique, friendly, and down-to-earth. She spoke with me on the same level. The office staff at her Presbyterian location was terrible. They were rude on the phone, difficult to scheduled with, didn't promptly deliver messages to her, and they were also rushed and dismissive during check-in and check-out.

June 22nd, 2012