Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Kathryn Hessler on Jun 23rd, 2016

Very nice doctor & staff. Conservative side towards surgery, which is awesome!! I do not feel the need for a second opinion. I am very comfortable & pleased with Dr. Nguyen & my experience today!!

Under qualified office staff show details Under qualified office staff
Jun 18th, 2016

It is completely impossible to get an appointment that's sooner than a month away. My next appt. Is scheduled for almost 3 months away. I've been hospitalized twice for my back condition, missed my appointment because I was moving and lost my appointment card. So i called to ask when my appt. Was and they said that i had missed it. I know it sounds like my fault but I asked if they give courtesy calls to remind patients of up coming appts. They said yes they did, I never received one. Turns out they said they supposedly called me so I asked what phone number they called, they gave me a phone number that I don't have anymore. I updated them with my new number 3 months ago. They never updated it in their system at all!!! I begged to be seen as soon as possible, I have a disk fragment lodged in my sciatic nerve. I can hardly walk, stand, or do anything for that matter. It was bad enough with 3 herniated disks and the Dr said I am too young for surgery, do 6 months of physical therapy then come back he said. Did that and my other physicians advised against it bcuz I'm only getting worse. I have a piece of disk stabbing me, feeling so upset and depressed bcuz It seems like I can't get in to see the Dr!!! Some days I just feel that being asleep is better than hurting like this, so I sleep and sleep until I can't anymore. What is going on with this Dr's office, when they schedule an appt 3 months away for a patient who clearly needs surgery?

Staff show details Staff
Aug 11th, 2015

The staff he has are very mean & there's one girl who only gives appointments for people that she likes at the earliest time and the soonest.

He saved my life Christmas 2005 show details He saved my life Christmas 2005
by David Naillon on Aug 1st, 2015

He saved my life when he was tired and overworked working at UCLA. He has the very best bedside manner and he listens and answers questions. The most important attribute is that he cares.

Jul 9th, 2015

Office staff is completely incompetent so regardless of how good the doctor may or may not be, the experience is ruined.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
by Donna Rogers on Jan 27th, 2015

Great personality. Spends allot of time with you.

RUN don't walk to ANY other Doctor's office show details RUN don't walk to ANY other Doctor's office
Aug 17th, 2013

This doctor's office staff is incompetent and incapable. While the doctor himself may have provided us with great care, the amount of aggravation, time and money his staff will cost you far exceeds any benefit you may have enjoyed at his hands. I promise you, this office is a nightmare you need not experience.

Anterior cervical fusion surgery show details Anterior cervical fusion surgery
May 18th, 2013

Wonderful doctor, very caring with a good character. He really thinks about patient needs and their schedule. He is very flexible and really knows his job. His office and staff are very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery.

Dec 2nd, 2008

Kind, caring and very knowledgeable. His office staff are also efficient and make you feel comfortable