Dr. Tien Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Fountain Valley, CA

• Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2017
I had spinal surgery by a doctor in this office before the surgery it was extremely difficult to get information from the office about the procedure, where or even when. Nor did they answer the phone or return any phone calls . There was NO after care provided or ordered. I felt nothing but anxiety and unsafe before and after the surgery.

June 23rd, 2016
Very nice doctor & staff. Conservative side towards surgery, which is awesome!! I do not feel the need for a second opinion. I am very comfortable & pleased with Dr. Nguyen & my experience today!!

June 18th, 2016
Under qualified office staff
It is completely impossible to get an appointment that's sooner than a month away. My next appt. Is scheduled for almost 3 months away. I've been hospitalized twice for my back condition, missed my appointment because I was moving and lost my appointment card. So i called to ask when my appt. Was and they said that i had missed it. I know it sounds like my fault but I asked if they give courtesy calls to remind patients of up coming appts. They said yes they did, I never received one. Turns out they said they supposedly called me so I asked what phone number they called, they gave me a phone number that I don't have anymore. I updated them with my new number 3 months ago. They never updated it in their system at all!!! I begged to be seen as soon as possible, I have a disk fragment lodged in my sciatic nerve. I can hardly walk, stand, or do anything for that matter. It was bad enough with 3 herniated disks and the Dr said I am too young for surgery, do 6 months of physical therapy then come back he said. Did that and my other physicians advised against it bcuz I'm only getting worse. I have a piece of disk stabbing me, feeling so upset and depressed bcuz It seems like I can't get in to see the Dr!!! Some days I just feel that being asleep is better than hurting like this, so I sleep and sleep until I can't anymore. What is going on with this Dr's office, when they schedule an appt 3 months away for a patient who clearly needs surgery?

August 11th, 2015
Staff
The staff he has are very mean & there's one girl who only gives appointments for people that she likes at the earliest time and the soonest.

August 1st, 2015
He saved my life Christmas 2005
He saved my life when he was tired and overworked working at UCLA. He has the very best bedside manner and he listens and answers questions. The most important attribute is that he cares.

July 9th, 2015
Office staff is completely incompetent so regardless of how good the doctor may or may not be, the experience is ruined.

January 27th, 2015
Awesome Doctor
Great personality. Spends allot of time with you.

August 17th, 2013
RUN don't walk to ANY other Doctor's office
This doctor's office staff is incompetent and incapable. While the doctor himself may have provided us with great care, the amount of aggravation, time and money his staff will cost you far exceeds any benefit you may have enjoyed at his hands. I promise you, this office is a nightmare you need not experience.

May 18th, 2013
Anterior cervical fusion surgery
Wonderful doctor, very caring with a good character. He really thinks about patient needs and their schedule. He is very flexible and really knows his job. His office and staff are very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery.

December 2nd, 2008
Kind, caring and very knowledgeable. His office staff are also efficient and make you feel comfortable

May 12th, 2017