Dr. Tien Trinh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tien Trinh?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Tien Trinh?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 17th, 2013

Very rude, very unprofessional

I was admitted to the hospital Saturday morning for nausea, vomiting, pan and bloody stool. After being "passed off" to Dr. Trinh Sunday morning I was given medicine (nausea, breathing and pain) to make me comfortable. I was then asked to prep my system for a Colonoscopy, which I did all that day. At the end of this I find out that this procedure is not even going to be preformed as it turns out I have a different diagnosis. The decision to not perform this procedure was followed by Dr. Trinh paying a visit and explaining that I have C DIFF and I was given an oral pill treatment. The following day Dr. Trinh paid me a visit to ask how I was feeling. I expressed that I wanted to try some solid food that day, and his only response was "OK" and a smile. Part of this conversation he told me to move (physical) around and asked if I wanted a room with a shower. Later on this day after I was moved to a different room, I was unable to keep any solids down without vomiting. I was afraid I would have issues with my oral medication as well and wanted to chat with Dr. Trinh. This conversation played out with Dr. Trinh saying he warned me about eating anything solid and with a smirk more or less said "I told you so." He proceeded to argue with my wife over the fact that I had been vomiting since Wednesday (which I have been). One final straw was Dr. Trinh becoming angry and stating I was asking for all kinds of special things that day. When I asked Dr. Trinh what these special requests were, he could only come up with "eating soft food and wanting a shower." The fact of the matter here is that while I asked if I could eat soft foods, I am in no way a doctor and would have no idea how far along in C DIFF one would have to be to start eating anything. I also asked Dr. Trinh if he was a GI specialist to which I received a nod and smile (not a verbal yes). He later denied this fact in front of a nurse, as I'm sure she knew his credentials.

August 12th, 2012

absolutely no use

We went to El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos in order to treat my wife for a shingles outbreak - she already has cancer, so this could be serious. We arrived at the ER around 3am, where we were well treated, and the problem diagnosis and relevant information were captured. The first round of treatment (anti-viral) was started there. The internal medicine on-call physician was called (it was Dr Trinh), and he was said to be available. We were then forwarded to the hospital wing around 6am for continued treatment.The nurses again captured patient history, symptoms, etc. My wife was left alone, and around 10am she paged the nurse for pain medicine, and then Dr Trinh appeared. Immediately it was clear that his bedside manner wasn't going to work. The first time he came in he spoke to my wife alone, and all she heard him say is I cant help you. She was in pain and trying to understand what he was saying, but he had no patience and left. I then returned to the room with the nurse and Dr Trinh in an attempt to get him to start the conversation in a caring manner. However he started by declaring "I can't help you, if you don't speak to me" with no attempt to start a conversation, or to listen to the patient. My wife was completely taken aback by this, and said she did not want to work with him if he was not going to treat her appropriately. We tried to get him to assume a more caring position, but this was without success, and he left the room, never to re-appear (even to apologize for his behavior). We attempted to get another doctor (we got no help with this, and all that we called were not available on a weekend), and so eventually we left at 6pm, with no new doctor, and no further treatment since what was performed early morning in the ER.Dr Trinh appears to be completely without patient empathy, and even when acknowledging his inability to communicate with the patient, did not facilitate an alternate physician. This episode was not for a trivial complaint (cancer + shingles) which would be expected to have a doctors attention, but Dr Trinh did not treat the encounter seriously. Dr Trinh should be avoided at all costs (if he is on duty, dont go to the El Camino hospital in Los Gatos).

August 9th, 2012

If you are looking for terrible doctor, this one is the king

We went to ElCamino Hospital for an emergency and walked into our worst experience ever. Dr. Trinh never listens to anything, refuses to explain what he is doing, and actually yells at patients. Checking with the hospital staff, I was told that he is actually a nice person but he yells at everyone. That might make it better for the staff, but for us, he easily qualified as the worst doctor we have ever encountered. I would not recommend him to anyone. Good luck!

February 16th, 2012

Abrupt and Defensive

This "Hospitalist" doctor at El Camino Hospital-Los Gatos has abhorrent social skills and bedside manner. He gave contradictory orders to what our experienced specialist had advised. I would strongly advise against seeking care at this hospital solely based on my awful experience with this physician.

June 13th, 2011

Dr. Trinh has treated my mother on 2 occuasions, and I found him to be professional and straight forward when discussing my mother's condition. I appreciated being informed of what to expect in the future and suggestions of what I should do to best prepare.

May 16th, 2011

Stay away!

This doctor was unprofessional, uncaring, and reckless in his treatment of a family member. He did not speak respectfully to patients and family about legitimate questions about treatment and was unresponsive to a potentially life threatening situation.

December 19th, 2010

Worst Doctor Ever

Dr Trinh is the coldest most uncompassionate person I have ever met. He should not be allowed to interact with patients or families.

April 10th, 2015