Dr. Tiffany Ramsey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tiffany Ramsey?

September 25th, 2017

Terrible

Zero stars was not an option. Dr. Ramsey was extremely patronizing and plain disrespectful. Tried to discount what has been proven by several other doctors and tells me everyone has PCOS and I just need to live with that. Ill-informed and uncaring, doesn't listen and talked down to me the entire time like I knew nothing about my own body. Would never suggest this woman to anyone.

June 29th, 2016

She is very honest and takes time to really address any of my questions.

June 20th, 2016

Was disappointed she made me return for a follow up visit just to get results of Vitamin D test. Was happy that she prescribed a bone density test (no other doctor had done that).

May 9th, 2016

Have know Dr. Ramsey since I was pregnant (with my now 8yr old son). She is wonderful, patient, her beside manner is awesome. You can tell she really cares about her peeps :)

May 30th, 2015

I have only good thoughts overall about Dr. Tiffany Shannon Ramsey! I recommend her to anyone!

August 30th, 2014

I felt I couldn't trust her

Dr. Ramsey can be very personable, smiley, bubbly. When it comes down to it though, do as she says or she will force you. That's how she made me feel. She threatened me several times. She threatened me with a c section if I didn't push my baby out now, when she knew a c section was one of my biggest fears. Early on, I felt I had gestational diabetes again and at my 20 week appointment she was very dismissive and took me for a joke. I did, in fact, have GD again. I started taking the time to educate myself and know my rights. I decided I wanted a largely intervention free birth. Dr. Ramsey mocked my doulas and discouraged me from using their services. I did end up having a doula and thank God for her. I talked with Dr. R for hours at my last visits about what I wanted out of my birth experience. Above all, a healthy baby. I wanted to avoid pitocin, the epidural, and a c section. Having been threatened by Dr. R in the past, I refused to sign the c section consent form, though she hounded me the whole day of my labor to sign it. She also pushed hard several times to give me pitocin. I refused and never needed it. I wanted to go into labor naturally and at my last routine visit, Dr. Ramsey tried to scare me into induction by telling me a story about having to break a baby's shoulders because they were stuck in the birth canal. She told me it had just happened a few days ago. I was having my fourth baby, all of my babies were delivered vaginally and never got stuck. She wanted to scare me into compliance. My baby was born without pitocin or an epidural after just over 6 hours. No complications and she was no bigger than my biggest baby. I refused an episiotomy and I tore naturally, a first degree tear. Dr. Ramsey didn't even wait to numb my perineum before stitching it, despite my screaming that I could feel each stitch. She kept saying, "you won't feel the next one, I promise." But I felt all 5 and I cried. She was cruel because I didn't have the birth she wanted me to have. Postpartum, I saw her once and she said about 3 words to me. Lol. Basically, if you're looking for evidence-based care, she is not who you want to see. If you're cool with the american standard of care and don't mind an OB who needs to be in control and is on a power trip, go see Dr. R and her cheery self.

August 16th, 2014

I am a Lifelong Patient!

Dr. Ramsey became my regular OBGYN when I found out I was pregnant in 2009. I have never felt so comfortable with an OBGYN. She takes her time to answer all of my questions and is very patient when I have needed her. It's safe to say, for as long as she is in my area, I won't have any other OBGYN. ALL WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES, even during the not so nice times.

January 6th, 2014

patient

Dr. Ramsey was wonderful as an OB to my daughter and delivered two healthy grandchildren. Her professional and personal bedside manner make her the special doctor that make us continue to see her.

July 26th, 2011

Great Experience Over Past 8 Years

I've seen Dr. Ramsey for the past 8 years. She took care of me during my pregnancy and during a few different health scares. She is WONDERFUL: warm, professional, detailed and caring. I often wonder how she has so MUCH time talking w/ me during visits, since I know she has a very busy schedule. As a medical professional, I'm pretty picky about docs and other health care professionals. The negative comments I've read about her really suprise me, since I've had great experiences over the years. My only bad experiences with the doctor who let me go almost 36 hours during labor knowing I had a large baby(Dr. Ramsey was on vacation) which ended in a c-section, and the nursing staff at the Johnston-Willis during my stay.

January 27th, 2011

love her and all the other docs!

September 27th, 2010

Didnt Delivery My Son

Overall my experience with Dr. Ramsey was OK. I was having my first child and I went to a women OBGYN, because I didnt want my child delivered by a man. When I went into labor, some foreign male doctor came in and delivered my son, but not patiently. Even the nurses at the hospital made comments about him. I went to a women OBGYN because I wanted a women to deliver my son. She knew this and I was never introduced to any other Drs. in the practice. I will not go to Dr. Ramsey or her practice when I decide to have a second child.

August 12th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Ramsey since I moved to Richmond 8 yrs ago. She is professional, personable and genuine. She is busy but always makes you feel like you are her only patient, she takes time. Unfortunately she was not able to deliver my son but her associates were just as wonderful. I would highly recommend her and her staff to anyone!