Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

by Laura Byers on May 9th, 2016

Have know Dr. Ramsey since I was pregnant (with my now 8yr old son). She is wonderful, patient, her beside manner is awesome. You can tell she really cares about her peeps :)

by Doris F. Wright on May 30th, 2015

I have only good thoughts overall about Dr. Tiffany Shannon Ramsey! I recommend her to anyone!

I felt I couldn't trust her show details I felt I couldn't trust her
by Jennifer on Aug 30th, 2014

Dr. Ramsey can be very personable, smiley, bubbly. When it comes down to it though, do as she says or she will force you. That's how she made me feel. She threatened me several times. She threatened me with a c section if I didn't push my baby out now, when she knew a c section was one of my biggest fears. Early on, I felt I had gestational diabetes again and at my 20 week appointment she was very dismissive and took me for a joke. I did, in fact, have GD again. I started taking the time to educate myself and know my rights. I decided I wanted a largely intervention free birth. Dr. Ramsey mocked my doulas and discouraged me from using their services. I did end up having a doula and thank God for her. I talked with Dr. R for hours at my last visits about what I wanted out of my birth experience. Above all, a healthy baby. I wanted to avoid pitocin, the epidural, and a c section. Having been threatened by Dr. R in the past, I refused to sign the c section consent form, though she hounded me the whole day of my labor to sign it. She also pushed hard several times to give me pitocin. I refused and never needed it. I wanted to go into labor naturally and at my last routine visit, Dr. Ramsey tried to scare me into induction by telling me a story about having to break a baby's shoulders because they were stuck in the birth canal. She told me it had just happened a few days ago. I was having my fourth baby, all of my babies were delivered vaginally and never got stuck. She wanted to scare me into compliance. My baby was born without pitocin or an epidural after just over 6 hours. No complications and she was no bigger than my biggest baby. I refused an episiotomy and I tore naturally, a first degree tear. Dr. Ramsey didn't even wait to numb my perineum before stitching it, despite my screaming that I could feel each stitch. She kept saying, "you won't feel the next one, I promise." But I felt all 5 and I cried. She was cruel because I didn't have the birth she wanted me to have. Postpartum, I saw her once and she said about 3 words to me. Lol. Basically, if you're looking for evidence-based care, she is not who you want to see. If you're cool with the american standard of care and don't mind an OB who needs to be in control and is on a power trip, go see Dr. R and her cheery self.

I am a Lifelong Patient! show details I am a Lifelong Patient!
Aug 15th, 2014

Dr. Ramsey became my regular OBGYN when I found out I was pregnant in 2009. I have never felt so comfortable with an OBGYN. She takes her time to answer all of my questions and is very patient when I have needed her. It's safe to say, for as long as she is in my area, I won't have any other OBGYN. ALL WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES, even during the not so nice times.

patient show details patient
by Mona Harrison on Jan 5th, 2014

Dr. Ramsey was wonderful as an OB to my daughter and delivered two healthy grandchildren. Her professional and personal bedside manner make her the special doctor that make us continue to see her.

Great Experience Over Past 8 Years show details Great Experience Over Past 8 Years
Jul 26th, 2011

I've seen Dr. Ramsey for the past 8 years. She took care of me during my pregnancy and during a few different health scares. She is WONDERFUL: warm, professional, detailed and caring. I often wonder how she has so MUCH time talking w/ me during visits, since I know she has a very busy schedule. As a medical professional, I'm pretty picky about docs and other health care professionals. The negative comments I've read about her really suprise me, since I've had great experiences over the years. My only bad experiences with the doctor who let me go almost 36 hours during labor knowing I had a large baby(Dr. Ramsey was on vacation) which ended in a c-section, and the nursing staff at the Johnston-Willis during my stay.

Didnt Delivery My Son show details Didnt Delivery My Son
Sep 27th, 2010

Overall my experience with Dr. Ramsey was OK. I was having my first child and I went to a women OBGYN, because I didnt want my child delivered by a man. When I went into labor, some foreign male doctor came in and delivered my son, but not patiently. Even the nurses at the hospital made comments about him. I went to a women OBGYN because I wanted a women to deliver my son. She knew this and I was never introduced to any other Drs. in the practice. I will not go to Dr. Ramsey or her practice when I decide to have a second child.

by Megan Dean on Aug 12th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Ramsey since I moved to Richmond 8 yrs ago. She is professional, personable and genuine. She is busy but always makes you feel like you are her only patient, she takes time. Unfortunately she was not able to deliver my son but her associates were just as wonderful. I would highly recommend her and her staff to anyone!

Jul 3rd, 2010

I will never go to her she does not deserve a second chance.you need to search very well before you choose your dr especially if you are pregnant.I don't know which one I should tell I have so many bad experience with her.I could not trust her.

Keep on looking... show details Keep on looking...
Jul 2nd, 2010

I had the complete opposite experience with Dr. Ramsey, and I would not recommend her to my worst enemy (okay, well maybe my worst enemy!) Dr. Ramsey was condescending, impatient, and rude. My husband and I were estatic to be having our first child (after 2 years of trying) and her visits with me were cursory, all-business, and cold. I felt that I was irritating her with any questions that I asked, and I became so upset after my 7th month visit with her that I left her office in tears. I have went into labor a month early and Dr. Ramsay did not (thankfully) deliver my baby. She did a quick check on me that day after my C-section, and never even offered her congrats! The nurses/staff at Johnston Willis were amazing, and I have recommended them to all of my pregnant friends from work and church, but Dr. Ramsey was the weak link in my birthing experience. I couldn't wait to switch OB/GYNs after such an unsavory experience. :(

Jul 1st, 2010

If she is the only doctor in the world i wont see here.She is the worst doctor i have seen. The only question she asked me when do i want to see her again. That what i waited more taen an hour too see you. This is my 4 pregnancy and i had 3 miscarriage so i want my dr take her time with me & be more interested in to me.I wont recommend her. dont waste your time to see her. She is the WORST and MEAN dr. you can find