Dr. Tilak Mallik MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2015
Office Experience
Dr. Mallik is an excellent doctor and takes the time to explain everything. However, that is IF you get to see him. Half of the time you are scheduled to see the physicians assistant which are also attentive and informative but the waiting is absolutely ridiculous. If you have an appointment scheduled to see the doctor, make sure you take a book. I was scheduled for an ultrasound at 8am (supposedly the 1st appt of the morning) and at 9am I realized I hadn't been called. Now keep in mind this appt had been scheduled months in advance. When I asked how much longer the receptionist responded that one of the doctors squeezed in an emergency and that's why they were running behind. I understand that situations will arise that are out of your control but a phone call would of been nice to let me know that they were running behind. This is ALWAYS the case with this office. You wait an hour in the waiting room and then another 45min in the room before the doctor comes in. Needless to say at 9:20am I told the receptionist that I was leaving and to cancel my appointment. Not once did she apologize for the inconvenience. Despite the fact that Dr. Mallik is an excellent doctor I will be looking for another office to go to.

August 4th, 2015
DO NOT LIKE NP MARIA, SHE IS VERY RUDE!

March 27th, 2015
The Best of the Best
I've been a patient of Dr. Mallik for approximately 30 yrs. as a Juvenile, insulin-dependent diabetic. I have total faith in his decisions, and even if I occasionally see a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant, I know that he is still available if I feel it necessary. Yes, the wait is most often long, although this has improved very much in the last few years. But as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait! And once you're meeting with him, he will give you every minute you need, unlike some doctors who are required to keep their appointment times to 10-15 minutes per patient!

August 25th, 2014
Professional and Knowledgeable
Dr. Mallik has been my doctor for several years. He is very professional, knowledgeable and has wonderful bedside manner. His entire staff is very courteous and customer focused.

June 10th, 2014
Rating Review
Even though one may wait for a while to see Dr. Mallik it is well worth the wait. He will explain all that you need to know on how to care for yourself (a diabetic). If you leave Dr. Mallik's office and you still don't know what to do about caring for your diabeties then you did not listen to Dr. Mallik. My wife and I travel over 400 miles one way to see Dr. Mallik.

December 5th, 2013
WELL WORTH THE WAIT
I WAS AN NON-COMPLIENT PREGNANT DIABETIC AND 30 SOMETHING YEARS OLD. HE GOT ME UNDER CONTROL AND I HAD A HEALTHY BABY OF 9LBS 9 OUNCES.(SORRY, HAD TO THROW IN A BRAG). I SAW HIM EVERY TWO WEEKS. I FAXED HIM MY BLOOD SURAR READINGS EVERY THREE DAYS AND HE CALLED ME BACK THE SAME DAY TO ADJUST MY MEDICATIONS.THE OFFICE WAS VERY HELPFUL. MRS MALIK IS CHARMING. I HAD A FEW HOSPITAL STAYS AND HE CAME TO MY ROOM EVERYDAY (INCLUDING THE WEEKENDS)TO CHECK ON ME. ONCE HE CAME AT 10:30 PM. I KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WAIT BUT, IF YOU'RE SICK, HE WILL SEE YOU. IF ITS REGULAR ROUTINE STUFF THE NURSE PRACTIONER IS FINE. MY FIANCE HAS SEEN HIM FOR YEARS AND WOULDNT BE ALIVE IF I WERENT FOR DR MALIK. BOTH OF US LOVE DR MALIK BECAUSE HE'S WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!

July 17th, 2012
Patient does not get to see the doctor a nurse practioner does the examination medication and everything the doctor should do. When there is a problem the doctor does not return your call. I felt we were being punished because we asked to speak with him.The wait time can be two to four hours.

January 7th, 2012
Patient Care
While in another state my wife was admitted to the hospital for seizure activity in the brain. The doctors at the out of town hospital would not pay attention to what I was telling them about my wifes condition. After getting in touch with Dr. Mallik it was arranged for my wife to be transfered to West Jeff hospital. Dr. Mallik cordinated the move with the hospital out of town. Dr. Mallik corrected the problem in four days that the out of town hospital could not do in two weeks.

September 21st, 2011
But I was filling out a Form for new patients at the time.
Seems like a very wise doctor. 38 years of experience and he was talking about Britain doing a study on cell phones and radiation. I have had thyroid nodule(s) (started with one node) and I personally believe that clutching those cell phones to my head without a hands free phone set have caused some of the damage.

March 9th, 2011
AVAILABILITY
I have been to see this doctor and I use this term loosely and have yet to see him. I have always been directed to a practioner which is totally no help at all for me. Anytime I have questions they go unanswered and seem annoyed by my request. Personnaly I will not recommed him to anyone. If you are suffering from Thyroid see professional elsewhere.

March 31st, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Dr Malik is one of the most professional and knowledgeable physicians I have ever been to. He is kind, courteous and very thorough.

March 10th, 2009
Dr. Mallik is an excellent and caring doctor but his office wait is way too long (can be up to 4-4.5 hours!).