Endocrinologists
24 N Church St
Ste 403
Wailuku, HI 96793
808-242-5856
Locations and availability (2)

|  Finally a diagnosis!  |  show details
by Dave B on Mar 4th, 2013

After years of seeing many other doctors Dr.Hansen was able to diagnose my blood disorder. Unfortunately it took 4 years of seeing less competent doctors and being told I was "depressed" before being refered to him. Doctors don't know everything although many act as though they do. Doctor Hansen cares more for his patients than his ego. He encourages you to learn about your condition on your own as well. Some doctors seem threatend by this. Dr. Hansen helped me when no one else could or cared enough to!

|  Dr. Hanseen is the best!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

My son began seeing him over 6 years ago. He was finally able to diagnose my son's health issues after many others had not. He is caring, listens, and follows through. I strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a great endocrinologist!

|  Dr. Hansen gets an "A" for effort  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Hansen clearly had good intentions. Dr. Hansen ran a lot of labs, even some at my request. The doctor relied heavily on these for answers. Dr. Hansen's mistake was that he based all of his opinion on these test and not on the knowledge of the years of the experience that he should have possessed over the years that he has been in practice. He talked the talk but in the end could not walk the walk. He made the comment that he had never dealt with or had no experience with the particular health problem that I was concerned with. I advise you to go online and read the papers that are already written, leave the comfort of Maui and go see and educate yourself on the latest and greatest. I did figure out that health problem and you were not the fortunately one to be privy to learn something new because of you lack of contribution!

|  The best endo I've ever had!  |  show details
by LeslieB on Nov 2nd, 2008

Dr. Hansen has an easy manner and a quick wit, which compliment his depth of knowledge. He keeps up with current research and is not afraid to discuss things frankly. While it took a while and much testing to diagnose a hypopituitary condition that had developed over many years, he never made me feel like a hypochondriac or crazy. He respects my self-taught knowledge of the endocrine system and my approach to monitoring my own condition on a daily basis, seeing him every three months al. My husband also sees him for his endocrine problems and we have good conversations all around. I feel I can trust this doctor with my life, which is complex when you have little pituitary function.LGB