Dr. Tim Watt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 17th, 2016
Microdiskectomy
I am a health care provider. Had a painful ruptured disk that Dr Watt relieved by doing a microdiskectomy. Excellent surgeon, clinic staff and professional nursing staff. I've recommended their care whenever opportunity occcurs

June 25th, 2016
Dr. Tim J Watt is an excellent surgeon. Top Rate experiences. Thank you

May 20th, 2016
Tim is very friendly. He took time to answer questions on follow up visit. He added helpful unrelated health advise

March 13th, 2016
Stellar Care & Expertise
Dr. Watt and his staff provided me with excellent care! They provided me with unexpected and amazing care during my recovery. I had a fusion in my lumbar region and my recovery was stellar. Thank you Dr. Watt for your care and expertise.

August 23rd, 2015
This was the worst experience I've ever had during a consultation. Due to the fact that he was more concerned about smoking cessation than about the damage to my neck I was sworn at, humiliated, and degraded. If he isn't interested in helping anyone who smokes this should be disclosed prior to any scheduled appointment. This would save patient money, time, and disgrace. Blaming all of all cervical injury onto smoking vs. degeneration disk or injury. Didn't feel he was interested in helping my cervical condition at all, simply because I smoke. I definitely was not prepared for the 20/30 minute lecture on smoking, I was looking for a professional opinion on my condition and hopefully some relief of pain.

January 20th, 2013
Never Again!
No response to emails or phone calls - communication skills - ZILCH. Would not recommend him to anyone. Never again!

November 8th, 2011
After waiting for 90 minutes in the examination room, I left to met by a nurse whose comment was I can't help you. Dr Watt and his office not only didn't seem to care that I left or feel a need for an apology. The medical records indicate that I choose not to wait for the doctor. It shows a real lack of concern for a patient after surgery. No follow up exam was ever completed.

September 15th, 2010
Dr. Watt & his staff are a great resource to this area
Initially, I had 1 herniated disc but after a year of physical & other conservative therapies I was actually feeling worse. A 2nd MRI showed that I now had 3 herniated discs! From the MRI's it seemed the symptoms should have been affecting my left arm but it was affecting my right arm, plus I had terrible headaches & muscle spasms. I had seen multiple other doctors & Dr. Watt was the only one willing to listen & look a little further for the problem. After the myelogram he ordered, we found that one discs that didn't look too bad on the MRI was actually the cause of the problem. I had a 2 level anterior discectomy and bone graft. The staff at both the Black Hills Imaging Center and the Surgery Center were some of the kindest I've met (and I've been to numerous offices, hospitals and even the Mayo Clinic for a chronic health condition). I would highly recommend Dr. Watt, the Black Hills Imaging Center and the Black Hills Surgery Center. The prices are competitive with other hospitals and offices but the service I received was not even comparable to anywhere else! Also, the staff (Lucia, Kathy, the other nurses and administrative folks) have been incredibly helpful with insurance, appointments and making sure all my questions were answered.

May 21st, 2010
I found Dr. watts very caring and very polite. His staff treated me like I was one of the family.

May 9th, 2010
arrogant inconsiderate

January 24th, 2008
Performed a medically unnecessary surgery on my 82 yr old mother (this was confirmed by follow up visit with another neuro surgeon and other doctors). She has been in sever 24/7 pain that was not present before her surgery.