Dr. Timothy Averch MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Pittsburgh, PA

3.8

June 29th, 2015
If you have kidney stones this is the best doctor!
I have been to more than a few urologists over the years in Cleveland and Erie and I can say without question this doctor is the best. The woman who handles his calls goes over and above the call of duty to help you, also. I have finally found the best urologist!

September 22nd, 2014
great urologist
Dr.averch has been my doctor forever and I wouldn't change to another Dr.he has taken care of my kidneys the best he can and I love his compassion!

February 18th, 2013
They don't have a negative rating that I could use so I used ONE star
Going to him was an ABSOLUTE nitemare....he ordered test after test after test for me & did NOTHING NOTHING to actually help me....made ME make the arrangements for the tests HE ordered...forgot that he put a stent in my kidney & ordered more tests for me that were USELESS because of the stent being in...sent ME a bill for an xray that he ordered because of the before mentioned stent that HE forgot about...ordered the xray because he didn't know where it was anymore...then sent ME a bill for the xray...I have MORE damage to my kidney now than before because of the stent being in for 7 months longer than it should have been...have bleeding & scarring....very condescending & twists everything around to make it YOUR fault...not his...DO NOT go to this dr...NITEMARE!!!!!

October 2nd, 2010
Fabulous
I have been with Dr Averch for approximately six years. Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect (as NO doctor would be) but he has proven to me that he is completely in tune with my extremely rare kidney stone disease. As a nurse, I've found it much easier to 'battle' with him more than an average patient might but we have built a mutual respect relationship and I value him greatly as well as trust him with my care. I'm not easy to please when it comes to doctors so believe me, he's pretty darn good. I have even on occasion had email correspondence with him that has been met with speedy responses and even arranging appointments that his temporary secretary fought me on. I would and have faithfully recommend him to friends/family.

May 18th, 2010
Worse Doctor I Have Ever Had
Dr. Averch was the absolute worse doctor that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Not only did he lack compassion, but he had a very God-like complex and talked down to me as if I were only about 4 years old or else had dementia. He failed to follow-up with me on a very important issue that was facing my health, and if not for the intervention of my PCP, I might have ended up back in the hospital. With his extremely unhelpful and poor attitude, I am left to wonder why this man ever bothered to go into medicine at all. Perhaps, he should try another career path where he does not have to deal with any people at all. Therefore, I could not in good conscience, recommend this doctor to anyone.