Dr. Timothy Burns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 24th, 2016
Mistreated by Dr. Burns
This is, by far, the worst and most uncomfortable experience I have ever had at a doctors office. And I've had an endoscopy, so that should tell you something. I was looking to switch my primary care provider to an experienced MD, as my current is a NP. Someone recommended Dr. Burns, so I called to schedule an appointment and the soonest they had was nearly two months out, March 24th, at 9 am. I am in no hurry, and he was highly recommended. I took the appointment. March 24th rolls around, I show up to my appointment ten minutes early so I could fill out the necessary paperwork, etc. They told me my appointment was changed to 9:30. I apparently didn't get the memo, even though I had spoken to them two days prior to confirm my appointment. I was finally called back at 9:59, the nurse asked how I was and I said I was fine, but I had to wait for over an hour to be seen. She didn't say anything else about it, took my bp, height, weight, short medical history and that was it. Dr. Burns comes in the room a few minutes later, of course I have to reiterate everything I just told the nurse, and clarify what I would like to accomplish with today's visit. When I called to schedule the appointment MONTHS prior, they had asked for a reason I was seeing a doctor, I told them I have been experiencing back pain and migraines for years; and that was all they wanted to know. I have since started seeing a chiropractor for these same reasons, (which helped my headaches tremendously, by the way. If you ever need a chiropractor I recommend Dr. Jeff Priebe). After I told Dr. Burns about my pains, I told him I was diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar disorder. He asked me why I wasn't on medication for it, I explained that I hadn't found any that had worked for me without serious side effects, and that I was managing very well without medication. He asked if I was seeing a counselor, which I'm not, mine retired two months prior. And please excuse me if I'm not quite ready to pay another stranger to hear all of my deep dark secrets. Before I could even finish explaining my case, he cut me off and told me that he would absolutely not see me because "people like you" are demanding, rude, and disruptive to his office and staff. He also scolded me for "complaining" to the nurse, and told me that I was being "dishonest" about my Bipolar disorder, because it wasn't my main reason for concern when I made the appointment. I believe that if he had listened to everything I had to say, things would have gone much differently. I didn't put up a fight, I don't deserve to be treated the way that he treated me today.

October 17th, 2013
Disappointed....
I saw this DR because my Primary Physician was out of the office. Dr. Burns did not pay much attention to what my issue was & just quickly prescribed me with antibiotics & pain medication. Having previous experiences with "Zpak" that were unsuccessful, he argued with me when I asked for a different antibiotic that would be more effective for me. (I know my past experience & my body). Follow up request for a muscle relaxer (the hydros were not helping) was denied, and a request for work release was not met. My reason for being off work for a few days due to the current medical condition was NOT unreasonable. I have been a patient of this practice for 18 years. VERY DISAPPOINTED in the level of care I received. I will never again choose Dr. Burns for myself or my family, for future care.

December 15th, 2011
Ecellent doctor
Having been to Dr. Burns for many years I suddenly found him to be kinda burned out so for my own self had to leave the office. I think he is an excellent doctor and until lately seemed very into his work and patients. Perhaps a little time off.They work long hours and long days....always helping someone.....a tough life but we depend on them.