Dr. Timothy Canty MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 11th, 2017
Best Pain Doctor in the Tri-State Area!
Dr. Canty and his staff are the best in the business. They provided exceptional care and resolved my pain completely! I've been struggling with this for the past two years and no other doctor has been successful. Dr. Canty really took the time to understand my issue so that he could successfully treat it. Five stars and would recommend to EVERYONE!

June 6th, 2016
pain and more pain:less now
I am a woman, in her mid 40,s. I have been having pain in my knees, back and sometimes my ankle.For a very long time. I met dr. Canty and another colleague. Last year. The environment is very nice, peaceful. The receptionist, the nurses and doctors. Are nice, yet very honest. Before any decisions are made. They talk to you and try their best to assure you what may need to be done. I come back faithfuly. Knowing when I leave his office. I'm sore, yet releaved. I was hesitent at first. But after talking to dr canty. And he took his time. I will be back, God willing for my back next. But for me, he gave me some hope. Without worrying about surgery.I would like to thank him. More than you know. Very good environment in general.

May 29th, 2016
Pain management in the 1st degree!
I am a 58 year old female who was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I turned to several other doctors who perform epidurals and had little to now results. When I visited Dr. Canty, he had a different technique than the others and I felt immediate RELIEF! I swear by him and will follow him wherever he may be. He is my savior. NOT in a hurry for the rod, screws, and fusion the other doctors advised.

May 26th, 2016
Best of the Best
After my m/c accident that left me with half of my calve and severe nerve damage, I found Dr. Canty online. He has been a God-send. He and his staff are professional and courteous and, most importantly, friendly. I highly recommend anyone with any sort of pain to try Dr. Canty. You won't be disappointed.

January 13th, 2016
I have suffered from chronic back pain for almost 20years. Dr Canty has been able to get to the root of my problem with accuracy and speed whereas other doctors have given me little to no hope of providing any kind of relief or treatment. I found Dr Canty through my insurance carrier and am grateful that I was able to find a Pain Management Dr to provided relief so that I can live a somewhat normal life. I am currently undergoing Radiofrequency ablation for chronic back pain. Although the pain is still evident, I have found much relief from this treatment. The down side to this procedure is that it is not a permanent fix and I will need to repeat the procedure anywhere from 6 months to 2 years for the rest of my life. Something I am willing to do to be somewhat free of back pain. On another note, there is a review from a previous patient of Dr Canty that ended up in the hospital due to improper sterilization. After reading her post I will be sure to mention to Dr Canty and his staff that I am aware of that occurrence and will enforce the importance of proper sterilization for each of my procedures. Good luck to all!

September 17th, 2015
Run, don't walk. Affordable pain management that is humane and works.
Not your usual doctor. I'm 63 year old grandmother and lawyer who had the impression that pain doctors just push oxy and other pills, bcse that was my experience with the shlocky Drs on Staten Island. I was referred to him for excruciating leg nerve pain and he helped me immediately with no pills, just a series of three blocks/shots and if that wears off, he holds out hope for other techniques, newldeveloped. Don't just go to him, run. I walked around my neighborhood after my shot, something I couldn't do three years ago to now.

August 20th, 2015
Brilliant Physician - Healing Experience
I am a 66 year old father of 6 and grandfather of 6. I suffer from osteoarthritis in my knees. Prior to age 60, I was an avid runner. The pain and stiffness became too much, even after taking 800 mg of ibuprofen before each run. I began walking to reduce impact, however, I found it necessary to continue taking 800 mg of ibuprofen prior to each walk to reduce pain and inflamation. At 66, I’d had and decided to go in another direction. I contacted the Comprehensive Spine and Pain Management Center of New York and spoke with Dr. Tim Canty seeking alternatives to a medication regimen and/or major surgery (such as knee replacement). Dr. Canty suggested using stem cell therapy to regenerate tissue in my knees. After reviewing my X-rays and MRI’s, Dr. Canty determined I would be an excellent candidate for stem cell therapy. We agreed on a date for the therapy and, in May 2015, I met Dr. Canty at his office on Madison Avenue. The procedure took approximately 2.5 hours and I was able to ambulate from his office without crutches or a cane. Within two weeks, I was again walking 5 miles daily - pain free - without the use of ibuprofen or any other pain or anti-inflammatory medications. I cannot say enough about Dr. Canty and his highly professional and caring staff. He followed up with phone calls weekly to see what my progress was and whether I was experiencing any pain. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Canty to anyone considering stem cell therapy or conventional pain management treatment.

July 13th, 2015
dr canty is attentive. and his step by step description of what you are going to feel during your procedure helps you to feel at ease. his staff is very friendly and professional.

April 16th, 2015
Truely a Blessed Doctor........ Knowledgeable Sensitive Caring Professional Precise

March 16th, 2014
Excellent!
I would highly recommend Dr Tim Canty to anyone who's life is crippled by lower back and sciatica pain. After a second quick and painless epidural to my L5-S1 I was back to normal and in less than a week I was able to perform at Carnegie Hall. His staff was also the most caring as well as put me at ease before the procedure. Great atmosphere and efficient as well as very thorough while examining and evaluating diagnosis. Two thumbs up!

March 4th, 2013
A cutting edge, outside of box doctor that gets results.
For anyone that needs a great back doctor or pain management specialist, I can't stress how much Tim Canty has helped me, including a diagnosis on my facet joints (which proved true) that no other doctor had considered previously He provided great non-surgical relief via facet joint injections and a plan for a longer term non-surgical solution on it.

July 2nd, 2012
Honestly- Best Pain Doctor
I went to Kushnerik, a pretty popular doctor in New York. I was then given Dr. Canty's number and thank g-d. I had a few injections, waiting 3 hours each time and then went to Dr. Canty. He did a thorough exam, unlike Kushnerik. He also decided to give me injections, and each time they were pain free, he asked me how I felt afterwards- not normal, and knew what he was doing. I had similar injections but not similar reactions. He knew where to do it, and my pain is now 50% less. I am so thankful for him and his brain!!! Best experience ever.