Dr. Timothy Chappell MD Patient Reviews

September 26th, 2016
Frustrated patient
I liked Dr Chappell and his ofice personnel. I found it extremely difficult to call them. They must have adopted a policy to never answer. I also have an issue with their answering machine messaging system. It takes forever! Part of it sounds like a fifth grader recorded it. Another reason I'm frustrated is because it's been 11 days and I still don't have the results of my scan. I realize no news is good news, but come on.

August 29th, 2016
Receptionist is RUDE
Well, we never got to see the doctor because the receptionist/staff was so rude and uninviting that I hung up and said I wouldn't want to go to anyone that would employ such a rude "customer service" person! Must reflect on the doctor staff too!

October 13th, 2014
Poor Excuse for a Doctor!
My Sister went to Dr. Chappell a few months ago, What a mistake! Her Primary Doctor found tumors in Her lung and she had severe pain in chest, where tumors were. She was in emergency 3 times, Not able to breath and Severe Pain...unbearable pain! She was told by Dr Chappell also, like the other review (84 yr old man) she had a fungus. She made a request they find out what Kind of fungus. He gave her only a nuebulizer, she complain of pain and asked for medication.She was refused. The results came back on all fungus and it was negative on all. She had NO FUNGUS! Ten days after Her biopsy, She was admitted into Hospital, Severe Pain-where Tumor was, she was Bleeding inside lung. She asked for Dr Chappell, He came finally hours and hours and hours later. He told Her with His hands up in the Air," Your a mystery" and left! Acted like it was no Big deal, Acted like it was a inconvenience that He had to come to Hospital. He did nothing for Her, except send His colleague in the next day, to YELL at my sister and say, "What do u want us to do, Surgery". She didn't even know who this Dr was. We soon found out! She has never heard from Dr Chappell since. No follow up appointment, No concern what so ever, Just left her out to fend for herself. Well, the pain continued, even more severe then before, which gave her a mini stroke!. She had every test done, From the Brain, Breast, Spine, Kidneys, lungs, ect..It all pointed back to one thing, Her LUNGS! All Doctors confirmed, Her lungs.She has gone through unnecessary pain, and suffering. Doctor Chappell never even tried to find out what was causing Her pain, and obviously didn't care. He is a POOR EXCUSE for a Doctor and a Human Being! Needless to say, my sister has a Doctor who is taking care of her, and Truly Cares about His patients.

June 13th, 2014
Do Not Go To This Doctor If You Have AARP Ins.
Patient has to sign a Financial Policy Statement which says patient is responsible for all charges even if insurance company's EOB states the charge is a "non-covered benefit". This is strictly against AARP's contract with the doctor. He may be a great doctor. I don't know, as I was not allowed to see him since I didn't sign their form.

June 21st, 2012
Dr. Chappell is one of the most caring doctors that I have met.Before having him as my Doctor, I had met him when he took care of my grandson. He always make you feel you are his only.