Pulmonologist, Lung Specialist, Critical Care Expert, Sleep Disorders Expert
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Poor Excuse for a Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2014

My Sister went to Dr. Chappell a few months ago, What a mistake! Her Primary Doctor found tumors in Her lung and she had severe pain in chest, where tumors were. She was in emergency 3 times, Not able to breath and Severe Pain...unbearable pain! She was told by Dr Chappell also, like the other review (84 yr old man) she had a fungus. She made a request they find out what Kind of fungus. He gave her only a nuebulizer, she complain of pain and asked for medication.She was refused. The results came back on all fungus and it was negative on all. She had NO FUNGUS! Ten days after Her biopsy, She was admitted into Hospital, Severe Pain-where Tumor was, she was Bleeding inside lung. She asked for Dr Chappell, He came finally hours and hours and hours later. He told Her with His hands up in the Air," Your a mystery" and left! Acted like it was no Big deal, Acted like it was a inconvenience that He had to come to Hospital. He did nothing for Her, except send His colleague in the next day, to YELL at my sister and say, "What do u want us to do, Surgery". She didn't even know who this Dr was. We soon found out! She has never heard from Dr Chappell since. No follow up appointment, No concern what so ever, Just left her out to fend for herself. Well, the pain continued, even more severe then before, which gave her a mini stroke!. She had every test done, From the Brain, Breast, Spine, Kidneys, lungs, ect..It all pointed back to one thing, Her LUNGS! All Doctors confirmed, Her lungs.She has gone through unnecessary pain, and suffering. Doctor Chappell never even tried to find out what was causing Her pain, and obviously didn't care. He is a POOR EXCUSE for a Doctor and a Human Being! Needless to say, my sister has a Doctor who is taking care of her, and Truly Cares about His patients.

|  Do Not Go To This Doctor If You Have AARP Ins.  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2014

Patient has to sign a Financial Policy Statement which says patient is responsible for all charges even if insurance company's EOB states the charge is a "non-covered benefit". This is strictly against AARP's contract with the doctor. He may be a great doctor. I don't know, as I was not allowed to see him since I didn't sign their form.

|  daughter  |  show details
by Carol on Apr 19th, 2014

My father, 84 years old, has had pneumonia for 8 weeks. Dr. Chappell has been telling my parents that he had a fungal infection in his lungs, and this is why the two rounds of antibiotics were not effective. We have waited weeks for testing and results. Weeks of misery for my father, and a doctor who acted like it was no big deal. I know doctors are not miracle workers but, at 84, I would think admitting him into a hospital would have been an easy call considering the state he was in. I'm no doctor but, if i'm not mistaken, lungs/breathing are important as they relate to staying alive. My daddy is an 84 year old man who has had a terrible time breathing and can barely stand up, yet had been working as a barber twice a week only weeks before. It appears he was ignored and just put on the back burner by Dr.Chappell. We waited several days on a date and time for him to go in and have an OUTPATIENT surgery to determine what type of "fungus" we were dealing with to know what medicate to prescribe.. When the call finally came, my dear mother was told that daddy had to be off his daily aspirin for 7 days prior to the surgery and they would have to wait ANOTHER week. Recap: At the doctor's office they were told they would get a call to set up the surgery. Do you think Dr. Chappell could have told daddy to stop his aspirin during that doctors visit? A week ago, a cyst in his right lung burst THROUGH his lung and fluid filled his chest cavity. He was rushed to the hospital in severe pain and unable to take a breath. He had to have major surgery to remove the infected fluid. He now has two tubes draining from the incisions, is on a respirator, and feeding tube. The next day, we were told he had lung cancer. This was a gross over site and I can't even imaging a doctor allowing an 84 year old man to suffer for more than a month with no medication other than a nebulizer in this condition. The doctors working with him now say the infection in his lungs looked nothing like a fungal infection (as Dr. Chappell assumed because he didn't respond to the antibiotics). We have not learned that it is common for pneumonia to mask lung cancer. I guess Dr. Chappell slept through that class..just a guess..... I LOATHE THIS MAN and wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

|  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Chappell is one of the most caring doctors that I have met.Before having him as my Doctor, I had met him when he took care of my grandson. He always make you feel you are his only.