Pulmonologist, Lung Specialist, Critical Care Expert, Sleep Disorders Expert
1630 Coit Rd
Ste 104
Plano, TX 75075
972-964-0170
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Do Not Go To This Doctor If You Have AARP Ins.  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2014

Patient has to sign a Financial Policy Statement which says patient is responsible for all charges even if insurance company's EOB states the charge is a "non-covered benefit". This is strictly against AARP's contract with the doctor. He may be a great doctor. I don't know, as I was not allowed to see him since I didn't sign their form.

|  daughter  |  show details
by Carol on Apr 19th, 2014

My father, 84 years old, has had pneumonia for 8 weeks. Dr. Chappell has been telling my parents that he had a fungal infection in his lungs, and this is why the two rounds of antibiotics were not effective. We have waited weeks for testing and results. Weeks of misery for my father, and a doctor who acted like it was no big deal. I know doctors are not miracle workers but, at 84, I would think admitting him into a hospital would have been an easy call considering the state he was in. I'm no doctor but, if i'm not mistaken, lungs/breathing are important as they relate to staying alive. My daddy is an 84 year old man who has had a terrible time breathing and can barely stand up, yet had been working as a barber twice a week only weeks before. It appears he was ignored and just put on the back burner by Dr.Chappell. We waited several days on a date and time for him to go in and have an OUTPATIENT surgery to determine what type of "fungus" we were dealing with to know what medicate to prescribe.. When the call finally came, my dear mother was told that daddy had to be off his daily aspirin for 7 days prior to the surgery and they would have to wait ANOTHER week. Recap: At the doctor's office they were told they would get a call to set up the surgery. Do you think Dr. Chappell could have told daddy to stop his aspirin during that doctors visit? A week ago, a cyst in his right lung burst THROUGH his lung and fluid filled his chest cavity. He was rushed to the hospital in severe pain and unable to take a breath. He had to have major surgery to remove the infected fluid. He now has two tubes draining from the incisions, is on a respirator, and feeding tube. The next day, we were told he had lung cancer. This was a gross over site and I can't even imaging a doctor allowing an 84 year old man to suffer for more than a month with no medication other than a nebulizer in this condition. The doctors working with him now say the infection in his lungs looked nothing like a fungal infection (as Dr. Chappell assumed because he didn't respond to the antibiotics). We have not learned that it is common for pneumonia to mask lung cancer. I guess Dr. Chappell slept through that class..just a guess..... I LOATHE THIS MAN and wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

|  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Chappell is one of the most caring doctors that I have met.Before having him as my Doctor, I had met him when he took care of my grandson. He always make you feel you are his only.