Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Does more harm show details Does more harm
Jul 1st, 2016

Surgery fail 2 times doctor lied about several important things about surgery caused more harm cares more about money be aware

Beware of "The Butcher!" show details Beware of "The Butcher!"
Oct 23rd, 2015

Disabled my wife for life with a botched back surgery.

Bad doctor show details Bad doctor
Sep 2nd, 2015

Had two surg that did more damage to me then if I could images very dishonest only cares about money office staff very rude not helpful Dr Cohen caused me great suffering and harm

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
by Roberts on Aug 26th, 2015

Anchorage Neurosurgical Associates is one of the worst run offices I have ever been to. The Staff is the opposite of polite. Each wait time was over an hour before we were ever seen. Office did not follow up with insurance on discussions of coverage causing a month 2 delay surgery scheduling. Pre-surgery appointment was with a PA who was unfamiliar with our case. After surgery we could not get in touch with a nurse, PA or the Doctor concerning questions about the recovery and had to contact our primary care physician instead. If you have any other choice, I would go elsewhere.

Great Dr and Physicians Assistant (PA) show details Great Dr and Physicians Assistant (PA)
Jul 9th, 2015

Dr Cohen was highly recommended by at least 3 people to me, each having no knowledge of the other. I also used this website to gain knowledge of Dr Cohen via the reviews. I must say he and PA Darcie are fantastic. They answered all our questions and we felt comfortable putting my life in their hands. Only saw Cohen a couple of times, the initial appt and pre - post spinal surgery. Darcie handled all my followup visits. They are good at what they do, I walked out of the hospital the following day and was back at work in 10 days after being out nearly 2 months. Coming up on 2 years and I am fully functional. Hope this helps someone as did the previous reviews me. P.S. Office staff leaves much to be desired as repeatedly pointed out by other reviewers. However don't let them deter you from seeing a couple of great Docs. I truly believe they are among if not the best in Alaska.

Like the docs, dislike the office show details Like the docs, dislike the office
May 7th, 2015

Docs are great, staff, wait times, and office policies are awful!

A Great Surgeon show details A Great Surgeon
by Gary on Feb 22nd, 2013

I met Dr Cohen after a visit to the ER. Could not use hands, arms, feet, legs. I was given a fast track to surgery due to numerous cervical disks pressing on my spinal cord. My body was shutting down. I went into the hospital in a wheel chair and walked out using a cane. My progress is nothing short of a miracle from Dr Cohen. His gift and talents gave me back my body as a Christmas Gift 2012. FWIW I saw him on weekends and Christmas Eve Day.

May 1st, 2011

My appt. was at 1:30PM. I had to wait until after 4:00PM to see Dr. Cohen. It was terrible service. Dr. Cohen spent 50 seconds with me and I had to pay $625 for that. I was told 3 staff members called in sick. I would have happily rescheduled rather than miss my work appointments. Or they could have told me to come back in 2.5 hours. Either way, I wasted a lot of time and he was so rushed did not feel like I had Dr. Cohen's full attention for the less than 1 minute that I saw him. Terrible office management was what I experienced.

Dr. Cohen is great. show details Dr. Cohen is great.
Jan 6th, 2010

The doctor is great but his staff is very rude they need to hire people who are healthier and who take less vacations. When my husband started with this office they told him 8 times and I'm not kidding that they would call him back. And recently they disinformed him that his case was on hold and when he called his adjuster she said they not only called at almost 6 p.m. they said their staff was on vacation once again. Their office professionalism is in great need of retraining your patients should be important you should show initiative to take the extra mile for them.

Back Fusion show details Back Fusion
by Kevin Feller on Sep 15th, 2009

Dr. Cohen fused my S1/L1/L2 in 2002 and i have had 0 problems since then. I cant speak highly enough for his abilities and professianalism.

Feb 6th, 2009

Exceptionally talented, Professional, and Courtious Doctor that made me feel comfortable and confident with my care from start to finish. Dr. Cohen, is definitely my first choice and will be highly recommended for any friend or family member who needs to see a Neurosurgeon.