inactive

Timothy J Docter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 26th, 2016
ACL reconstruction of the right knee.
I was impressed with Tim Doctors professionalism. He was able to offer me complete diagnostic and rehabilitation alternatives for my torn ACL. My recovery time was about 4 months shorter than originally thought. Dr. Doctor examined my left knee during follow up of my ACL surgery, and told me that I was bone-on-bone in that joint. He gave me a regiment of leg strengthening exercises. He was concerned that due to my athletic life style, and my age that we should try to push the knee replacement out to ten years. It has now been thirteen years, and I am ready for him to complete another successful procedure.

January 28th, 2013
The last orthopedist you should see
Dr. Docter is an excellent surgeon, but if you're experiencing some arthritis or joint issues, you need to start with a generalist who is familiar with all 100+ types of arthritis and the many alternative treatments, including injections, physical therapy, losing weight, and regimens of leg strengthening exercises. If you begin by consulting with Dr. Docter, he will skip all of these, he will do no more than look at x-rays, and in five minutes he will sign you up for total replacement surgery. Dr. Docter is the last physician you should see, not the first.