Family Physicians

65-1267 Kawaihae Rd
Kamuela, HI 96743
808-769-5010
Locations and availability (10)

|  Best doc this side of the Big Island  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Duerler does not claim to know everything, who does. What's important is that Dr Duerler listens, evaluates and makes good informed decisions. Dr. Duerler supported my decisions on some complicated endocrine problems. I am very much in charge of my own healthcare, and this doctor didn't make me feel inferior; if you are fortunately enough to get in with this doctor, well he earned my respect, and and am extremely picky when it come to my health.Thanks again Dr. Duerler

|  he was not a good doctor  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2010

I usually go to Dr. Mitchell, who shares an office with Dr. Duerler, but I was scheduled with Dr. Duerler by mistake. I had heard he was good, so I figured I would give him a try. Right away, I could tell I did not want to go to him again. Instead of listening to what I had to say, he was hopelessly glued to looking at my chart and ignoring me. I told him I had diarrhea for 2 straight months and was having horrible pain all over, he said nothing on my chart indicated that it was a problem, and to wait a little longer to see if it kept being a problem. He ignored me when I told him about the headaches I was beginning to have again as well. Then, after ignoring everything I had to say, he said my chart said I needed a follow up MRI to one I had in December, and I said I did not like the MRI and it made me nervous, so he claimed I would be given a valium to help me relax. So I called today to see if he was indeed going to help me on this front (I am really against pain meds and sleeping aids but I hate MRI's) but not only did he not give me a prescription, but did not write anything on the chart about it, so I have to go to this MRI scared. I am going to tell everyone I know how much I did not like going to him.

|  "family" doctor personified  |  show details
by stephanie starets-foote on Aug 14th, 2008

Dr. Duerler has taken in all six of our keiki and he is doing an awesome job. He has a terrific manor with the kids and his staff is just as caring and patient as he is.