Dr. Timothy Emhoff MD Patient Reviews

• Critical Care Medicine Worcester, MA

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2016
He had NO bed side manner and seemed to be very rushed, WOULD NOT recommend this physican

April 17th, 2016
Initially good, but...
Dr. Emhoff took care of me in an emergency surgical situation, and though it was a very rocky recovery, there was no doubt that he saved my life. He performed a second surgery a few months later to remove infected tissue. However, he did NOT listen to either me or my home care nursing team, all of whom were notifying him that I was in very severe pain (much more so than I should have been at the time). When they told him that I needed to be further evaluated with an ultrasound or a scan, his answer was "She doesn't need that." He halfheartedly said he could TRY to do another surgery, but that "it might not do any good". I ended up going to a wound clinic elsewhere, and the doctor there immediately did the testing that Dr. Emhoff was refusing to do. I had a severe infection, and unfortunately an oral antibiotic prescription did not work because it was too deep-seated. After a three day trial with the antibiotic, the pain was so severe that I landed in the ER of the wound clinic doctor's hospital. I was taken for emergency surgery the next morning, and I nearly lost my life. Multiple surgeries were done within the next five weeks, in order to clean up the mess. As I said, my initial contact with Dr. Emhoff was fine, as was the second surgery, but for some reason after that, things deteriorated to the point that he just did not listen. I would NEVER voluntarily return to this doctor under any circumstances, and I cannot in good conscience recommend him to others based on the outcome of my experience.

May 17th, 2013
50 years later surgery
Dr. Emhoff (and his surgical team) are to be commended for discovering and correcting a problem that was 50 years in the making. After having gone to many doctors for many years, it was Dr. Emhoff who discovered the true reason for my lifetime of agony, and within a few hours thereafter corrected it with surgery. For the first time in 50 years I feel terrific and look forward to finally leading a normal life with pain and discomfort.

October 7th, 2011
Patients mother
Dr. Emhoff was my son's trauma surgeon. My son had a motorcycle accident. We met Dr. Emhoff after he completed a complicated surgery that involved removing one of his ribs and a portion of his lung. Dr. Emhoff is a skilled, serious and knowledgeable man. He continued his treatment and care of my son over the 6 week ICU stay. Dr. Emhoff and his team saved my sons life. He is precise and to the point when giving you information. No smiles but care and compassion. During rounds he does not hestitate to step in and do his own hands on for tasks some may leave to a nurse. If you have the opportunity to have him treat you, TAKE IT