Dr. Timothy Freyaldenhoven MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 6th, 2015
Extremely long wait for test results
Had mri done on a Monday. They told me my test results would be back in the next day or maybe two days after. I called and confirmed the results were in but the doctor would have to call me with those results. It has been a week and a half and they still have not called with my results even though they have been in for over a week! I got tired of waiting for my results and got them from medical records myself! No one should have to wait that long!

April 2nd, 2015
Computer Operator
The best doctor I have ever had. he pulls no punches and lets you how to help yourself. A honest man and I highly recommend him.

February 2nd, 2015
Excellent, always considerate and timely in how and what he does and has to say to me as the patient.

January 16th, 2014
very difficult to make the nurse take my call., or inform me that my medication is ready at the pharmacy .. all the time I try to talk to her., enter the answering machine ... OMG help me!!!

November 18th, 2013
Brilliant
Dr. Freyaldenhoven is extremely knowledgeable. He is willing to use all resources available to him to help his patients, staying abreast of new findings and methods of treatment. What I personally like the best about him is his very direct and straightforward approach to my care. He tells me how he can help me and how I can help myself, no dancing around the issues. He is patient and caring but focused on solving the problems plaguing you.

June 25th, 2013
Heartbroken
I found out today that during my mother's visit with Dr. Freyaldenhoven 8 months ago she felt criticized and demoralized by his comments. My mother is 65 year old retired oncology nurse who has spent the majority of her life serving others. She was experiencing some cognitive changes and was referred to this MD by her PCP. What was revealed to me by both my parents (my dad was present) was that Dr. Freyaldenhoven proceeded to tell my mother that she had abused her body and basically had brought her condition on herself and that the damage had been done. My mother was diagnosed with depression around the same time. She internalized these cruel comments and translated her situation has her "fault". She is 5'2 @ 160 lbs never smoked or drank alcohol but is diabetic and has some cardiac issues (mitral valve prolapse). I am livid and hope to have the opportunity to share my distain with this man. More importantly I am hurt for my mother who is just now telling me how this person made her feel. I too am a nurse and love my profession. Healthcare providers who are called and committed to the mission of caring for others do not inject their personal assumptions or biases. I would not recommend any patient seek treatment from this doctor. If he would speak to a fraile, vulnerable 65 year old woman who is agonizing over changes in her cognition, how will he treat/speak to others? I can only imagine. If I could give him zero stars I would.

April 9th, 2013
patient
I came to Dr. Tim after a lot of stress and grief over being told at the age of 40 that I had Parkinson's. I have also had type 1 diabetes for 20 years. That means nerve damage. I drive over two and a half hours one way to see Dr. Tim. Tim has always taken a lot of time with me. Answering questions and giving me information he feels I need. Does he always tell me good things and things I want to hear? NO!!! But, I truly feel he tells things that are good for me. He really does have my best interest at heart. We fuss and disagree at times. I did not like hearing how bad my diet drinks are for me. I might not like it but it is true!!! I do not go to him to hear things I like but he tells me the truth.