Dr. Timothy Berger MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 4th, 2012
Brilliant!
As soon as you meet Dr Timothy Berger & his staff you will know you are getting the best care around!

September 17th, 2012
Didn't even bother to touch my face!
After having delt with cystic acne for several months, my father, also a uc doctor, suggested we go get a prescription for acutane or at least to go get my skin looked at. He set up an appointment with Dr. Berger, a seemingly great doctor. We got to the appointment with high hopes of finally ending my terribly skin problem, however, once my father suggested acutane Dr. Berger immediately suggested against it, in fact he wouldn't even flatter his suggestion. He prescribed me a mild topical and sent me on my way. The topical didn't help at all, and in fact my acne became increasingly worse. We finally found a doctor out of the UC system, who took my condition seriously and prescribed me what I needed. Needless to say, four years later with a face full of scars from my cystic acne, I will never go see Dr. Berger, or recommend anyone to see him again.

August 30th, 2011
Unheard of kindness and expertise!
Wow. After seeing 4 docs and one tropical derm doc who is a friend of mine from India (but US Board cert'd), no one knew why my mite rash would not go away nor the most extreme case of itching, scalp included. He determined in a wholistic way using med history and social history as well,and did not rush me, and gave me more than ample time in patient education. He was amazing. One cannot get in with him unless another Derm refers. Mine was work related, hence the referral. Knowledgeable, did not rush me and just got nicer and nicer as the appt went on. I usually only get 5 to 15 min max in appts. Here is a world expert on rodent mite rash that no one can get in with and he took all the time I needed. God bless the man.

October 3rd, 2008
A Great Dermatologist
He quickly diagnosed and relieved my hyper photo-sensitivity problem that had stumped other dermatologists (allergy to the sun), and I would recommend him to anyone with a tough problem. Other Dermatologists send their toughest cases to him, such as mine. He's the Clinical Professor of Dermatology at UCSF in charge of teaching the Residents. The wait times are sometimes long, but worth it if one has a problem that has baffled others its worth it.

July 20th, 2016