Dr. Timothy Garvey MD Patient Reviews

• Head and Neck Surgery Minneapolis, MN

September 1st, 2016
Dr. Timothy Garvey performed 3 very important surgeries on my neck since I had a broken neck. He was highly competent and skilled. I've recommended family and friends to him as I totally trust him. I found out today I need spinal surgery on my lower back now and Dr. Garvey is the only one I'll ever let operate on me.

June 1st, 2016
Dr Garvey
Dr. Garvey has helped me and my wife. She would have been in a wheelchair with out him. Diagnosed and repaired issues that took 15 hours for surgery. The VA diagnosed my neck pain incorrectly, Dr Garvey found the problem did the surgery and saved possible complications. The best

March 10th, 2015
Too agressive with surgery - very clinical

May 20th, 2013
Very disappointing and frustrating. Had all my records/scans with me and all my paperwork filled out and still waited 1/2 hour before being taken to exam room. After seeing 2 other people and and waiting almost 2 hours in between, Dr. Garvey finally came in and with another person and gave me less than 10 minutes of his time. He looked at my scans, asked a few questions, and told me what he thought. He didn't really explain my situation or answer my questions. He said I wasn't a candidate for surgery, which was good, but he didn't tell me what else I should do...just come back if the pain becomes so excruciating I can no longer live with it. He made me feel like I wasn't in enough pain to be seeing him, and I was wasting his time. He couldn't get out of the room fast enough. I can't speak to his intelligence or skill, but I thought his bedside manner was horrible. They warn you when you make the appointment that you should expect to be there around 2 hours. Why does that have to be the case? The whole check-in, exam, and results took about 25 minutes. Why do they feel it is ok to make people sit around for 2-1/2 hours? Would never recommend Dr. Garvey or this clinic. I would give 0 stars on these answers if it would let me.

September 24th, 2012
he's a wonderful Dr,who really cares about his patients. he did a 3 level fusion on my lumber spine L3,4,5 and s1 Thank you so much Dr.Garvey.

June 10th, 2012
Ronilakeside
Dr. Garvey is an outstanding doctor, he is knowledgeable in his field, both compassionate and a superior surgeon in every way. I just can't say enough good about him. He is also the first Dr. I have seen over the years that has knowledge of post polio issues. If you need any kind of back surgery this is the best Dr. for the job.

February 17th, 2011
Kelley del Valle
This is one of the kindest doctors I have seen in the Twin Cities. I have had an ongoing illness for 3 years and he took the time to review all of my records and pull everything together for me. He is setting me up for all of the appropriate follow-ups, and will treat the problems I have with my lower spine that were not picked up by the other doctors I have seen. He is very compassionate and I am very grateful to have seen him.

October 25th, 2009
Dr. Garvey is one of the most professional doctors I have ever has the pleasure to deal with. His knowledge is superior and he has done surgery on me twice. Both with excellent results. One would be fortunate to have him as their doctor. He is very straightforward and does not pull any punches. And yes, sometimes you have to wait for him but, it is well worth it!

May 21st, 2009
I have had a spinal fusion with Dr. Garvey and have been doctoring with him for the last 8 years. He is excellent at what he does. Couldn't ask for a better person to be my physician.