Dr. Timothy Germain MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 4th, 2017
My Journey
I was referred to Dr. Timothy J. Germain by my breast surgeon “Dr. David C. Weintritt”. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was being schedule for a double mastectomy. Dr. Germain was recommended by Dr. Weintritt to perform a breast reconstruction surgery in conjunction with the double mastectomy. The breast reconstruction method used was a new procedure pioneered by both doctors. The office visit with Dr. Germain was professional and he immediately put me at ease by answering all my questions regarding the procedure and results I could expect. I could tell right away that Dr. Germain is a true perfectionist who is very detail oriented. He takes a great deal of pride in his work. He made me feel very comfortable and showed me pictures of similar breast reconstruction that he had performed. All the pictures looked like works of art. I truly felt that I was in very capable and competent hands. I put my trust in the doctors and decided to go ahead with the double mastectomy and undergo the breast reconstruction. The procedure was a huge success and my breasts look amazing! This is so important to a woman’s self-esteem and motivation in her battle against breast cancer. I was so impressed with his high standard of care and devotion to his patients. Dr. Germain is not only an outstanding plastic surgeon, but he is a compassionate human being that really cares about his patients. The outcome truly looked perfect. My husband and I could not believe how amazing and incredible the results looked. He is a phenomenal doctor. I was truly impressed with his ethics, high standard of care and the professionalism of his staff. His nurse “Amber” was so supportive and caring; she always made sure I was comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Germain as your plastic surgeon. I am very grateful to be under Dr. Germain’s care and feel very blessed.

May 7th, 2015
Forehead lypoma
Quality of the procedure is outstanding, no pain at all during and after surgery.

May 22nd, 2014
I do not normally write reviews, but my experience with Dr. Germain and his nurse, Maureen, was so outstanding that I have to pass the good fortune on. We have only lived in the area a few years so I had no personal recommendations and had to rely on internet reviews which is pretty scary when you are considering surgery. I have had severe back problems for years and a breast reduction was a last resort. My initial appointment with Dr. Germain was 2 hours long. He was very thorough in his explanation of the surgery. He removed books from his bookshelf and showed me pictures and made drawings. When he was finished explaining everything, I had no remaining questions because he had been so thorough. He really listened to me and what I wanted out of the reduction. His nurse, Maureen, is very responsive and helpful. It’s just the two of them, so things run very efficiently. I had planned to meet with other plastic surgeons, but after meeting Dr. Germain, I knew it was a waste of time. I am glad I went with my gut because his work was pure perfection. It is exactly what I had envisioned, maybe even better!

December 6th, 2013
Awesome!
I feel so fortunate that I chose Dr. Germain to do my breast reduction surgery. I've heard horror stories from other people who've had this procedure, but I experienced no problems at all. Although it was unlikely that it would be covered by insurance, he took the time to fully document my case - not an easy task - with the hope that it would be covered. As it turned out, we couldn't make the case, so I went forward and paid for it myself. Dr. Germain's rate was better than the two other surgeons that I visited, and even if it wasn't I probably would have chosen him anyway. He takes a lot of time during each visit to fully explain everything. He's friendly, down to earth and is super thorough. When he measured and marked me just prior to my surgery, I could tell that he is definitely a perfectionist - EXACTLY what you want in a plastic surgeon. My surgery went extremely well and he was careful to make sure that I returned frequently after to make sure that there were no complications... and there were no extra charges for all the subsequent visits. Dr. Germain's nurse, Maureen is always there during the various office visits and is very helpful giving advice on follow-up care, ideas on selecting the proper bras, etc. I could go on and on raving about this practice. I'm not an easy 'customer' so take it from me... if I'm this thrilled about my experience, you can't go wrong if you select Dr. Germain for your surgery.

October 3rd, 2013
Really Nice
Dr Germain was extremely helpful. I had to go in to have a few moles removed since they had skin cancer. There were some mistakes from my previous doc reports and he was very patient/helpful. He walked me through each step of his procedure, was professional and was very kind. I would strongly recommend him! I also was 15 minutes late and he didn't mind at all! Staff was extremely nice. Great doc & very knowledgeable.

August 21st, 2013
Breast reduction - outstanding!
Doctors determined that my wife needed a breast reduction because “the girls” were so big they were causing her severe neck problems. Since most cosmetic surgeons don’t take insurance, and even fewer participate in our health plan, Dr. Timothy Germain was among the handful of cosmetic surgeons we had to choose from to perform this sensitive procedure. That may seem like a disadvantage, but it turned out to be a wonderful stroke of good luck—otherwise we may never have found Dr. Germain. From the moment my wife visited this man, he instilled nothing but confidence. His thoroughness of explaining every detail of the procedure and the reasoning behind it put her completely at ease. His bedside manner is truly professional, and he is also kind, considerate, and friendly. The morning of the surgery, Dr. Germain took all the time we needed to answer any remaining questions we had, and then he got to work preparing my wife’s upper torso for the operation—measuring, calculating, drawing, re-measuring. His precision in all of this put my mind at ease that we had found someone who was truly skilled in his craft. The results were perfect in shape, size, and symmetry. My wife has always had breasts she could be proud of, and she still does—only now they’re a smaller version. After surgery, Dr. Germain came out and again described to me exactly what he had done, and what to expect over the next few days, weeks, and months. That night he followed up with a phone call to ensure there were no complications. The next morning, we had a follow-up appointment where the bandages came off, and we got to fully appreciate Dr. Germain’s handiwork. He told us that the reason things looked so good is that he “fusses” until he gets things looking just right—even going so far as to ask the women in the operating room “how’s that look to you?” as he’s doing the surgery. One last note: after taking the prescribed pain medication, my wife started to itch—a common side effect. I called the office expecting to get a receptionist or a recording. But what did I hear instead? “This is Dr. Germain.”

May 5th, 2013
Executive Assistant/Professional Organization
Recently, Doctor Germain surgically removed a lipoma from my shoulder. From my initial visit through surgery and follow up, Doctor Germain and his staff displayed the utmost professionalism, courtesy and concern. Throughout the process I had complete confidence that I was receiving the highest quality of care. Following surgery, I had little or no discomfort. That the surgery was performed at the Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington added, greatly added to the confidence level. Virginia Hospital Center is an outstanding facility. I would highly recommend Dr. Germain.

July 26th, 2012
Superior
I had a bilateral mastectomy with breast reconstruction. Dr. Germain implanted tissue expanders and then breast implants. This type of procedure is major, time consuming and in some ways anxiety producing. Dr. Germain cared for me. I was always able to reach him. He took time to talk with me, answer all of my questions and was always available to see me in his office. His nurse Maureen, is an angel. I talked with her a lot too. she called to check on me many times and held my hand through everything. Love her!My plastic surgery results look wonderful. I am happy with my new boobs.

May 29th, 2012
Dr. Germain and his nurse Maureen are the best! They made a difficult time and procedure much easier.

November 29th, 2011
A Great Doctor!

March 5th, 2011
Dr. Germain was just fantastic. I addition to being just a great guy, he is an excellent Dr. He took the time to explain the process, answer all my question, and make sure I was happy. Normaly, I don't write reviews like this, but becuase of his attitude, I would strongly recommend him to anyone.

September 8th, 2009