Surgical Specialist
Mason City Clinics
250 S Crescent Dr
Mason City, IA 50401
641-422-6630
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.8205128205128 of 4 stars
 |  Very Professional  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2014

As the mother of this patient I was very impressed with Dr. Gibbons. He was very professional but very down to earth and explained what was going on with Megan's knee on terms so she could also understand. The nurse was also very pleasant and we were made to feel very comfortable.

Jun 19th, 2014

this was follow up after a shoulder replacement 4/14/14 . . Dr Gibbons answered my questions and told me what I might expect in the next months to come. Dr. Gibbons is down to earth sort of guy . .he tells you like it is and I like that . .

|  Professional  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2014

My appointment was at 8:25. I was called in by the nurse about 8:20 and only waited about 2 minutes for Dr. Gibbons to see me. Dr. Gibbons has always taken the time to answer any of my questions and explain things in a way I can understand. He has never made me feel like he was rushed to get to his next patient. The whole staff at MC Clinic is very friendly, professional, and helpful. If you have to see an orthopedic doctor I would highly recommend MC Clinic and Dr. Gibbons.

May 9th, 2014

Has been 6 months since I had a right reverse shoulder replacement. This was my 6 month check up and my last one. I'm very pleased how it turned out and is nice to be able to do things without my shoulder hurting. Dr. Gibbons showed me the x-rays and said everything looked good.

May 6th, 2014

Repair of 4 severed muscles and a torn tendon. Operation went very good,but after block wore off sever pain for 5 days. Repair was excellent , I have full movement . Dr Gibbons was great to work with. Thanks doc

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2014

On April 9, 2014, at Mercy City Surgery Center, Carpel Tunnel surgery was performed on both my right and left hands by Dr. Timothy Gibbons. I found Dr. Gibbons and all of the support staff to be very thorough and helpful. My life is very busy and requires excessive use of my hands, so I was very concerned about getting both hands done at the same time and that recovery time might be longer than anticipated. It was, however, completely the opposite. Within 2 days I was able to remove my bandage wraps and had great usage of both hands. I only needed 2 pain pills total. Also, the numbness and tingling in both hands was gone. I cannot say how pleased I am with the results of the surgery and the excellent service I received from both doctor and staff. I would highly recommend both Doctor Gibbons and the Mason City Clinic for great results!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Gibbons done a total knee replacement on my right knee Sept. 30, 2013. I went back for check up this month. He answered my questions and said all looked o.k. I have had excellent success with my knee so far, only doing therapy at home following exercises he wanted done. I would recommend him to anyone who wants surgery. He has done rotor cuff surgery and carpal tunnel surgery for me too and I am very pleased with his manners and the success of the surgeries.

Apr 18th, 2014

Dear Staff at Mason City Clinic, I was extremely pleased with my first visit ever there which was a "good impression". I mistakenly put my appointment on the wrong date (I later discovered it after returning home). The receptionist was very cordial and understanding and realized I came an hour and a half away so she checked to see if I could be seen..and I WAS! The LPN who took my information was very friendly and gave me some pamphlets about Dr. Gibbons and I was impressed with his experience and credentials. I knew I was getting the "best of the best"! My friend's husband had his rotator cuff repaired by him so it was a recommendation from her. He was very professional and to-the-point about the evaluation and explained my x-rays that Gunderson Lutheran took. I was pleased and relieved to be told that surgery NOT and option at this time. He pointed out that surgery would do more harm than good, especially at my age. When I was seen at Gunderson they were adament about it and said a cortisone shot would do no good. Good thing there are such things as 2nd opinions! He recommended a better brace which was less restrictive and I was fitted with one of the newly developed ones with help from the therapist. She, too, was knowledgeable. Then another gentleman gave the cortisone injection and I was on my way. The information I received to read about the services and biographical explanation was certainly NOT overexaggerated! You at the clinic do exactly what that info said. I would recommend this clinic to anyone and I would also consider using it myself for any other health issues that may arise in the future. I have yet to find the time to get into the portal unfortunately but will do. Thank you for your services! Sincerely, Sharol Zweibohmer

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2014

I was called early, promptly seen by Dr. Gibbons who reviewed the MRI photos with me and outlined the treatment options. I received a cortisone shot and a follow-up appointment. There was absolutely no waiting in the waiting room, in the treatment room or for the support staff to administer the treatment. My appointment was for 2:10. I was on my way home completely satisfied with the appointment by 2:35.

Apr 17th, 2014

not much to tell everything was great. From dr. Gibbons to his staff nice job I felt I was just not number. Thank you for makeing a tuff time easier.

Apr 17th, 2014

I have been told by Dr Gibbons that I needed carpal tunnel surgery for the last couple years. Well on March 28th I had to go to the emergency room in Hampton IA due to the flare up of the carpal tunnel syndrome. So I made an appointment with Dr Gibbons for April 10th and saw him today and he will be doing surgery on April 23rd in Mason City Same Day Surgery Center. Thanks to Dr Gibbons and staff for setting this surgery up so fast!

Mar 18th, 2014

At my followup I waited for nearly 1/2 hour in the waiting room. My session with the Dr. was very short-basically follow up and I was released to go back to work. I did not ask about continuing PT but need to call back on Mon. I am very happy with my results and treatment.

|  knowledgeable  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2014

Dr gibbons was very cordial and knowledgeable, gave me a down to earth explanation of my condition and what my obtions are for the future as well as a now treatment to help out with my immediate pain.i will probably come to him in the future.

|  Friendly  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2014

I come in every 3 months for cortisone injections in both of my knees. The staff is very friendly and informative. I never have to wait very long to be seen or get treated.

Jan 6th, 2014

Dr. Gibbons is very informative and can read people very well. His knowledge of his profession is excellent. I am very happy so far with my surgery and the follow up visits.

Dec 31st, 2013

Thank you the quality care received during my recent surgery. Appreciated the straight forward answers received about the treatment and the followup.

Dec 30th, 2013

I had a reverse shoulder replacement 6 weeks ago. My doctor was Dr. Gibbons and he was very good explaining the procedure to me before my surgery. And afterwards the do's and don'ts and how important doing the exercises and therapy is to regain the use of my shoulder again. And I definitely want that. Also his nurse, Vicki Anderson, was very nice, checked my vitals and made sure I was confortable while waiting for the doctor. I would highly recommend the Mason City Clinic to anyone that might ask where to go for orthopedics. This is my third time with this clinic, as 12 years I broke my arm and 7 years ago I had a hip replacement. Dr. Jones was my doctor for both of those. I've only had 2 doctors at the clinic and I would highly recommend both of them. Also the ladies at the reception desk were very courteous.

Nov 28th, 2013

My visit to MC Clinic was great. The receptionist, Vikki, Paul and Dr. Gibbons were very concerned as well as friendly and very helpful if I had questions....Dr. Gibbons explained about the injection and I was assured of the diagnosis given. Paul then gave me an injection and explained what he would do and how it might feel. I have had NO pain like I was experiencing before the injection. I had the Portal patient information explained to me and feel comfortable using it.....GREAT DAY

Nov 21st, 2013

I had a total knee replacement, actually both knees done about two months apart. Timothy Gibbons, Mason City Clinic, did the procedure and my surgery was done at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa. The pre-op preparation was very helpful, and the exercises I was giving prior to surgery were helpful. I just wished I had done them even more than I did. The meeting with the nurse at the hospital prior to my surgery was very informative and answered so many of my questions I had without me even having to ask and greatly relieved the anxiety I was feeling about having surgery. I was very satisfied with the surgery and the post-opt care I received. The staff was very conscious of my pain level and my comfort. Cleanliness which also aided in my comfort was very important to the staff. The physical therapists I saw while in the hospital were very considerate of my pain level and the difficulty I had in standing and moving, but they did not let me slack off, they did make me work which aided in my ability to be able to go home on schedule. I felt very comfortable asking the staff questions and they were very good about providing information I needed and providing me with information on my care for when I went home. I am very pleased that I had both knees replaced and was glad I was able to have the procedures done so close together. I would highly recommend following the directions about exercise following this type of procedure and take advantage of the opportunity to go to physical therapy.

Nov 13th, 2013

Throughout the duration of my consultations and surgery/post surgery with Dr. Gibbons and his staff, I have been extremely pleased with the professionalism, concern and caring everyone has shown me. I greatly appreciate the time that Dr. Gibbons takes in our appointments to thoroughly explain my injury, the results of surgery and the importance of post operative therapy. He has offered a wealth of information regarding the most current thinking and research regarding my type of injury and healing process. Dr. Gibbons and his team are to be commended for their dedicated service, knowledge and caring manner toward their patients.

Nov 7th, 2013

Had no problems, it all went smoothly

Oct 8th, 2013

I am very happy with the care and Dr.Gibbons taking the time to make sure things were done right.

Sep 2nd, 2013

Always appreciate the time Dr. Gibbons takes to explain things to you. He has certainly helped my husband Mike and myself.

Sep 2nd, 2013

Dr. Gibbons came highly recommended. My knee was blown out and after consultation and subsequent treatment I can walk again.

Aug 1st, 2013

The staff at Mason City Clinic went over and above to accomidate me. Thank You! Pat

Jul 3rd, 2013

I received a "hemi" hip replacement that was the result of a fall. My recovery from surgery is on going. I had very good instruction of "how to" do simple things like putting on my socks. I did not experience pain only from lying in bed and not being able to change postitions. I am walking every day now but am disappointed that I can't golf yet!!!! Jeri Dockhorn

Jul 2nd, 2013

I love Vicki,Dr.Gibbons,Dr.Jones and Matt Mcbride. They are great about sharing & reviewing test results & options such as surgery & injections and deliver it all with the right amount of compassion. They are a great medical team.

Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Gibbons did a very good job on my knee and on the followup visits. He tells it like it is and lets you make your choice.

May 9th, 2013

Very pleased with the professionalism of the facility.

Apr 18th, 2013

very happy with Dr. Gibbons and staff

Mar 28th, 2013

I am very glad I chose Dr. Gibbons to do my total knee replacement.He has done two knees for me and now I no longer have the pain I used to have and I now can pretty much get a good nights sleep. He really trys to help a person get back to quality life once again . Thank you Darlene Peterson

Mar 28th, 2013

I am very satisfied with the results of my treatment. Dr Gibbons is professional and explains the treatment in terms I can understand.

Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Gibbons really took the time to answer our questions. He did not give us the news that we were hoping for but he was honest in his assessment and his recommendation.

Apr 9th, 2011

Our son had his ACL replaced and I cannot say enough about Dr. Gibbons. He is so caring for his patients and his nurses were awesome! He really wants what is best for the patient and wants them to better themselves! SUPER doctor!!

|  Horrible worst doct. I've ever delt with! Rude  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

I had heard dr. Gibbons had horrible bedside manners but this was the worst. Mad me cry told me to quit my job or deal with pain! Did not ask what was wrong or where the pain was. I tried asking questions and he would interupted me. He had a student doct. in the room and my case worker for work. She said it was the most uncomfortable situation she had ever been in! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy! He should not be a doct.!!!!!!! Also had to wait 1 hr!