Overall Review

3.6

November 21st, 2016
Retired Social Worker
17 days ago, Dr. Hipp removed part of my colon

November 21st, 2016
Retired Social Worker
17 days ago, Dr. Hipp removed part of my colon

November 15th, 2016
Deeply grateful patient
after 5 months of hospital stays, surgery and rehab I am home. I had been rejected by two other hospitals.After battling crohns for 12 years my intestines had become so tangled that surgery was only way to save my life. Two operations totaling approx 12 hours and the compassion by Timothy Hipp MD I am slowly getting on my feet. My husband and I were completely grateful at the time and reassurance of him and his colleagues. I've got some more living to do and would recommend anyone to use this doctor and hospital

June 7th, 2016
Horrible Person!
I came in through the ED for emergency surgery, which I was told was life threatening. Dr. Hipp came in 10 hours later, with a chip on his shoulder as big as he is, and an arrogant, rude and downright awful attitude for someone who is scared to death. Before he answered any questions, he asked my spouse what they did for a living. When the answered an attorney, his answer was that he was not going to touch me, and walked out. I was left in the hospital for a week, until a bed opened up at UF. Do NOT use this horrible doctor!

February 22nd, 2016
I was fortunate to have Dr. Hipp as my surgeon. He made all the right decisions and successfully removed all cancer from my colon. I had some bad times in the hospital due to reactions to pain medications. However, Dr. Hipp knew the right thing to do for me and did it well.

May 31st, 2012
laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Dr. Hipp was a wonderful surgeon. I had a HIDA scan done on a Tuesday morning. I met with him that afternoon. He scheduled removal for the following Tuesday.I was pretty nervous about it. But the entire medical staff at the Surgical Pavillion was great. Everything went very smoothly. Don't hesitate to have Dr. Hipp do your surgery. You will be in good hands.

April 27th, 2011
Good surgeon, but bedside manner of a walrus. Poor people skills. Not least bit compassionate.

January 30th, 2010
Would not recommend
I went to Dr. Hipp to have the Lap Band surgery and even though I am over 300 lbs. the only concern he and his nurse had is money. I need to lose weight and I did everything I was asked to do and made an appointment. I was not told that my appointment time was shared with at least 6 others. My appointment was for 10 am I was not seen by him till 12:30 - 1:00, when I was not able to leave till after 2:00 that afternoon. I waited for at least 8 weeks for some response from them and then I finally tried to call them and I left 5 messages to his nurse and none was returned to me. When I finally got her I'm told that they will not work with me because the balance would be more than I could pay them. If he really cared for people he would have worked with me, I was more than willing to make monthly payments to get this done and I would be better off right now health and money wise if he had done the surgery.