Dr. Timothy Hormel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 29th, 2016
Great doctor
He is an amazing doctor who takes time to listen at every appointment and shows he cares. I wish more doctors made more of an effort like this

March 17th, 2016
Excellent Physician
It is very difficult to get an initial consult with Dr. Hormel. My husband's appointment was 3 1/2 months out. The reason is Dr. Hormel is a wonderful doctor and stays busy. It is worth the wait to get that first appointment. He doesn't overbook himself and we have never waited more than 5 minutes before being called back. A couple of times, we were still checking in and hadn't set down before the nurse was calling his name. After the initial appointment, scheduling subsequent appointments were a breeze. Once Dr. Hormel wanted to see my husband back in 6 weeks, when there weren't any available appointments, he came in at 7:40 am to see my husband. He is an excellent doctor, very thorough and a great medical "detective". He won't stop until he figures out your problem. He is very kind and compassionate with a wonderful bedside manner. Very patient explaining what is going on, what tests he is performing, what to expect during the tests and why he is performing the test. Always answers your questions and never makes you feel silly for asking. We are extremely pleased with the level of care my husband has received from him.

February 23rd, 2016
I am totally satisfied with the treatment I've received from Dr. Hormel

October 13th, 2015
Extremely impressed with Dr. Hormell. Very personable. Through examination. Very Impressed.

September 14th, 2015
Wow, what a great doctor.

March 12th, 2015
Lpn
Best Dr in town. Very kind and listens!

March 25th, 2014
Super difficult to get appointment with!!!!!!!
If you ever have to cancel an appointment forget EVER being called for a cancellation; you will just have to wait 6 more months to be seen. Other doctors and other patients say this dr. is brilliant and so even though he has yet to make a diagnosis for me (and it has been a year), I am hopeful still. The doctor and staff members are all very cordial.

March 24th, 2014
very caring

June 29th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Hormel is a refreshing change form the neurologists I've seen. I've seen 5, including a epileptologist at UVA, who didn't seem to have any luck.Sure, they all managed to eventually stop the seizures, but the side effects were far worse than a partial seizure ever was. Dr. Hormel is slowly making positive progress and doesn't try to tell me that side effects are nonexistent.In addition, his office usually returns phone calls the same day. That is unheard of for a specialist.

June 22nd, 2012
Rock star!
I have seen 9 Neurologists in the last 23 years and Dr. Hormel was the only one who was able to diagnose my condition. What I love about him the most is how he tells you what he is looking for when he is examining you. He also spends a lot of time talking, asking questions and really listening to my answers. It may take a while to get an appointment, but he is worth it.

November 2nd, 2011
A doctor's doctor!
Dr Hormel is one in a million. I have been exposed to hundreds of doctors through my 32 year career as a physician myself. I have never known a finer, more dedicated, more effective, physician in my 32 year career. They do not come any better. He is the very best of the very best.

October 6th, 2010