A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Timothy Peterson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Peterson
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Peterson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Timothy Peterson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Peterson graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Peterson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Timothy James Peterson MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Timothy J. Peterson practice?
- Dr. Timothy Peterson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Timothy Peterson practices Ophthalmology near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Ophthalmologists.