A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Timothy Jacob:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Timothy Jacob is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Timothy Jacob, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Jacob graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Jacob has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Upmc St Margaret
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jacob accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Timothy D. Jacob practice?
Dr. Timothy Jacob practices Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Wexford, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.