Dr. Timothy Johans MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 21st, 2016
Professor
I was fortunate to be referred to Dr. Johans when it was discovered by xray that I needed emergency cervical spine surgery. Dr. Johans and Kelly filed all my paperwork with insurance, got all approvals and had me in for surgery within one week. He is very honest and upfront, but also thoughtful and caring, not to mention highly skilled as a surgeon with many patients (I learned later) who come from all parts of the U.S. I healed quickly and completely with no visible scar on my neck from the incision site and with no more dangers inherent with an unstable cervical spine. I would (and have) recommended Dr. Johans to several of my colleagues and friends.

June 13th, 2016
Referring Chiropractor
Over the past ten years I have been referring my patients that need surgery to Dr. Johans and I have personally observed him in O.R. on numerous occassions. I feel that his success rate as a neurosurgeon is due to the fact that he will not do surgery unless he is convinced the patient will benefit. Dr. Johans cares about his patients. Every patient that I have referred to him experienced impressive results. Thank you Dr. Johans. I know who will be doing my next surgery if I ever need it.

March 21st, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Johans! I was impressed from the very first phone call to his office. His team was very responsive and actually seemed to care about how much pain I was in. They got me in to see the doctor ASAP which meant the world to me since my back pain was destroying my life. Dr. Johans did an excellent job fixing my back! I have a very small incision in my lower back and was able to resume my life without chronic back pain within a couple weeks of the procedure. Skilled, professional, caring…I just can’t say enough about how much I appreciate Dr. Johans and his staff.

January 18th, 2016
Call me Lucky
After a 6 week wait in Twin Falls for my first appointment, it was cancelled a hour before, I sought another referral and came up with Dr. Johans. First appointment Monday , Pre surgery Tuesday, surgery Wednesday, post surgery Thursday and home Friday. Dr. Johans did an excellent job and was very professional. I was his second worse surgery in his many years of neck surgeries ,that's why they call me lucky. so I say to my Magic Valley neigbors who need neck surgery, go West young person go West

July 3rd, 2015
C4-5, C6-7 cervical discectomy and fusion
I was very concerned about having any kind of spine surgery. All of the horror stories I have heard and skepticism from other medical professionals. So I did a huge amount of research. I ended up asking a good friend (physical therapist) to ask his friends in the physical therapy field, if they had to have surgery tomorrow, who would they go to? Of 7 different physical therapists in the valley Dr. Johans was one of two they all recommended. From the first appointment everything has been....better than any other care I have had. He was friendly, honest, and genuinely cared about my well being. His office staff was exceptional; answering questions, returning calls, and all were extremely friendly. I cannot say enough good about the entire experience. I will recommend Dr. Johans to any and everyone I know. And, so far, no more pain or numbness.

June 20th, 2015
Amazing doctor
Dr Johans has done two surgeries on me and is an excellent doctor, he's staff is amazing I never have any problems getting appointments, Dr Johans is always able to answer any questions and is an amazing person!

May 11th, 2015
He is an excellent surgeon and very skilled.

April 8th, 2015
Good doctor. hard to see
Great doctor, terrible scheduling team. Exceptional hard to schedule with. His scheduling person, Kelly, is a flake.

October 17th, 2013
I felt confidence in Dr. Johans abilities. His staff was attentive and careing. My experience with appointments, surgery and follow up was excellent. My surgery/treatment was successful and my recovery is on track. Full recovery is anticipated.

August 15th, 2013
Assistant General Manager
Dr. Johans was awesome! I had been suffering with nerve pain for about two months. I saw Dr. Johans and he accurately diagnosed my problem and I had surgery within the week. His staff was great; very helpful and friendly. Post operation I did not even need any pain meds and was up walking around within hours. Less than a month after surgery I have returned to playing golf and have great flexibility in my neck. I had fusions on my C-4-5 and C 6-7 vertebra and don't even know they are in there. I would recommend Dr. Johans to anyone and everyone. He is the best in Boise.

May 19th, 2011
Great Physician!
I assumed Dr. Johans would be arrogant and have little time to spend with me as many male specialists his age tend to be...and also because of how successful he is both in skill and money. He was completely not what I expected! He was patient, very interested in helping me, and very upfront with me. I especially appreciated that he does his dictation in front of me so that I know exactly what he is putting in my chart and can speak up if anything is inaccurate, which he welcomes. This is huge for me as I've had other physician's leave terrible chart notes that were very weak in reflecting what we discussed in the appointment...if you rely on paperwork for disability, insurance, etc., this will ruin your case! He's fabulous procedurally and with bedside manner, not to mention how incredibly competent he is treating injuries/illness.

April 14th, 2011
A step above
Dr. Johans spent a lot of time and energy helping me with an appeals process to that I would qualify for a cervical artificial disc. I am one year out and my surgery was very successful; I have full range of motion. I do not anticipate the need for further surgery which is the normal evolution in a standard fusion as the disc space above and below is overused to failure. Overall I cant say enough good things about his care.