Dr. Timothy Johans MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017
Back to work in 2 weeks!
I had a flawless experience with Dr Johans and his staff. I was in need of a possible fusion or arthroplasty/artificial disk replacement. Dr Johans was able to perform the arthroplasty and I was back to work in two weeks and feeling almost as if I never had surgery. Honestly I have had a few surgery experiences and never felt so good as after this surgery. Dr Johans is one of only two neurosurgeons in Boise that can perform the artificial disk replacement and I am so grateful for it. I have full range of motion and feel great!

March 21st, 2017
Perfect outcome
I had suffered a disc herniation at L4/L5, with pressure on the nerves going to my left leg. After enduring over two months of significant pain while standing or walking, I was able to see Dr. Johans and get surgery to repair the herniation. The moment I awoke after surgery, my pain was gone and I was able to stand up straight. I had no wound complications from the surgery, and I feel as good as I did prior to the herniation! I recommend him to anyone that wants to be healed.

February 6th, 2017
Absolutely the best!
Unfortunately, I have an advanced degenerative spine. Dr Johans has kept me active in my favorite sports, family activities and my career over the years. When I have had to have surgery, he is extremely conservative, precise with minimal scarring. One of my surgeries was emergent. He performed surgery the next day and it was the night before he was leaving for his family vacation. He and his team/staff are very caring, supportive and thorough. If you want the best neurosurgeon in town, consult Dr. Johans.

September 21st, 2016
Professor
I was fortunate to be referred to Dr. Johans when it was discovered by xray that I needed emergency cervical spine surgery. Dr. Johans and Kelly filed all my paperwork with insurance, got all approvals and had me in for surgery within one week. He is very honest and upfront, but also thoughtful and caring, not to mention highly skilled as a surgeon with many patients (I learned later) who come from all parts of the U.S. I healed quickly and completely with no visible scar on my neck from the incision site and with no more dangers inherent with an unstable cervical spine. I would (and have) recommended Dr. Johans to several of my colleagues and friends.

June 13th, 2016
Referring Chiropractor
Over the past ten years I have been referring my patients that need surgery to Dr. Johans and I have personally observed him in O.R. on numerous occassions. I feel that his success rate as a neurosurgeon is due to the fact that he will not do surgery unless he is convinced the patient will benefit. Dr. Johans cares about his patients. Every patient that I have referred to him experienced impressive results. Thank you Dr. Johans. I know who will be doing my next surgery if I ever need it.

March 21st, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Johans! I was impressed from the very first phone call to his office. His team was very responsive and actually seemed to care about how much pain I was in. They got me in to see the doctor ASAP which meant the world to me since my back pain was destroying my life. Dr. Johans did an excellent job fixing my back! I have a very small incision in my lower back and was able to resume my life without chronic back pain within a couple weeks of the procedure. Skilled, professional, caring…I just can’t say enough about how much I appreciate Dr. Johans and his staff.

January 18th, 2016
Call me Lucky
After a 6 week wait in Twin Falls for my first appointment, it was cancelled a hour before, I sought another referral and came up with Dr. Johans. First appointment Monday , Pre surgery Tuesday, surgery Wednesday, post surgery Thursday and home Friday. Dr. Johans did an excellent job and was very professional. I was his second worse surgery in his many years of neck surgeries ,that's why they call me lucky. so I say to my Magic Valley neigbors who need neck surgery, go West young person go West

July 4th, 2015
C4-5, C6-7 cervical discectomy and fusion
I was very concerned about having any kind of spine surgery. All of the horror stories I have heard and skepticism from other medical professionals. So I did a huge amount of research. I ended up asking a good friend (physical therapist) to ask his friends in the physical therapy field, if they had to have surgery tomorrow, who would they go to? Of 7 different physical therapists in the valley Dr. Johans was one of two they all recommended. From the first appointment everything has been....better than any other care I have had. He was friendly, honest, and genuinely cared about my well being. His office staff was exceptional; answering questions, returning calls, and all were extremely friendly. I cannot say enough good about the entire experience. I will recommend Dr. Johans to any and everyone I know. And, so far, no more pain or numbness.

June 20th, 2015
Amazing doctor
Dr Johans has done two surgeries on me and is an excellent doctor, he's staff is amazing I never have any problems getting appointments, Dr Johans is always able to answer any questions and is an amazing person!

May 11th, 2015
He is an excellent surgeon and very skilled.

May 8th, 2015
excellent doctor, fantastic staff

April 8th, 2015
Good doctor. hard to see
Great doctor, terrible scheduling team. Exceptional hard to schedule with. His scheduling person, Kelly, is a flake.