Surgical Specialist

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad Surgery back in 2003 and still haunts me!  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

I had a hernia surgery back in 2003 with Dr. Jorden as Surgeon. I was left with a four inch incision with staples. I was home recovering and experiencing swelling, pain and inflamation, so I called him and told him, he said it was post op swelling and if over that weekend to go into the Emergency Room which I did and after waiting nearly 2hrs to get in, I gave up and went back home. The next week I went into Dr. Jorden's office and he cut me open in examination room and blood flew all over. I was left with a bad infection that had me placed back in the hospital for nearly another week. It had to heal being left open and stuffed with packing. Bad call on his part with suffering on mine! Now 9 yrs. later the is still open and hasn't healed right leaving a hole that drains constantly with no medical attention since due to lack of medical insurance to correct. Even in my Medical Records he stated tests were done that were not. Now What?

|  patient's boyfriend  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

Dr. Jorden is a kind, considerate, careing, and brilliant in the field of medicine. He save many lives in WNY and one of those lives was that of my girlfriend. She was to die on a cold day in Jan "09", but he would not have it and robbed the Grim Reaper of his due.He also helped he for the next 3 1/2 months while she was in a coma, and followed up with her every month for the next 3 1/2 years. We have nothing bad to say about Dr. Jorden. He is a life saver to us, and we will forever be greatful. As for the snoby, little rich kids in med school that had to be put through the paces to earn a grade just couldn't pull their weight or they would see they have a long way to go to achieve the level of care this man gave to his patients. Jack O'Brian Buffalo

|  Unethical, turned me off to surgery as a career choice  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

As a medical student, I worked with Dr. Jorden at ECMC hospital in Buffalo. On one occasion, he instructed us to document a "strangulated hernia" in the chart, when there was CLEARLY NOT ONE, so that he could perform emergent surgery. His actions were often times unethical, and he is not very nice at all. His actions turned off a lot of my peers to surgery as a career choice.

|  Wonderful, Attentive Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

Dr. Jorden helped me through a tricky appendectomy and subsequent complications. He was professional, attentive, skilled, and caring in his approach to treatment. He gave me his cell number in case of emergencies following the surgery, which I needed since complications arose that required me to go to the ER. He visited me everyday while in the hospital, something not common across all surgeons. Highly recommended.

|  unethical  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2011

I have friends that are in the medical field and couldnt beleive this doctor kicked me out of surgery because he thought I was drunk I said to him if thats what you think take blood test he just automatically assumed that i was drunk because he wanted to leave work he had big party to go to his nurse told me its a outrage Iam sure hes a good surgeon very poor manners and edicate its a shame

|  Absolutely Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2009

I would recommend Dr. Jorden to anyone in need of surgery. He is the most wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor I have ever seen