Dr. Timothy Kavanaugh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Kavanaugh?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 27th, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Kavanaugh. I had my knee surgery done by Dr. Kavanaugh and he left pieces of bone in my knee that traveled up my thigh. For 6 months I suffered and he would not return my calls and just ignored me. I am now considering a malpractice claim against him.

August 25th, 2016

Pain worse even after a year and a half

This doctor seems to go strictly by imaging as he does little or no manipulation or assessment physically. Every time I went back he never moved or even touched my leg. My pain is worse than ever. Can't sleep in a bed anymore, can't walk more than a short distance, can't enjoy any activities. He will say he will call with results but never does. Passed me off to a pain specialist. Also now one of my hips is bigger than the other (he never told me that would be an issue). He rushes you and doesn't adequately assess as I have been told by another doctor that the surgery did not address the real problem. He has tunnel vision and all he wants to do is operate. After he operates good luck getting any help.

August 11th, 2015

This is a follow-up review four years post-surgery. The hip prosthesis implanted by Dr. Kavanaugh was recalled, requiring removal. I got a generic "dear patient" letter from his office notifying me of this, with zero follow-up from them to make certain I had received the letter. (A friend of mine, with the same implant but different surgeon, got a personal phone call from the surgeon himself regarding the recall. ) After my previous experience with Dr. Kavanaugh, I was not inclined to see him again. I found another surgeon to do the revision surgery, and this doctor immediately identified the reason that the original implant had never worked well for me: the acetabular cup had been put in incorrectly. This was confirmed by another doctor during a separate visit. (Dr. Kavanaugh always acted as if I were making things up when I said my leg motion was off.) The experience with the second surgeon just served to reinforce how poor my experience with Dr. Kavanaugh was - from the lack of communication, to the poor technique of the surgery, to the haphazard way my incision was closed. I have warned several people away from using Dr. Kavanaugh and will continue to do so.

July 24th, 2014

While in hospital he only deals with the ortho side, if anything else goes wrong immediately insist on a hospitalist to come onto your case.

January 17th, 2014

My hip hurts and it keeps dislocating

This Dr. is very rushed. I hear he's fast, but I've done terrible. He blames me for my bad result. I would not recommend this Dr.

April 30th, 2013

Poor bedside manner. Rushed. Money focused. My knee still hurts

February 22nd, 2011

excellent surgeon

Dr Kavanaugh redid both of my hip replacements after they wore out and the results have been perfect. I am an orthopedic surgeon and I had previously worked with him and knew him to be the best joint replacement surgeon in town. I happen to know his complication rate is remarkably low, and I would trust him to operate me anytime, and I would recommend him to anyone.

February 19th, 2011

Great Doctor!!!!

August 31st, 2010

run don't walk away from this doctor

Although well-recommended, I waited for over an hour. Another younger woman was waiting that long as well, but in obvious pain with a huge brace. She told me Kavanaugh did her hip replacement but it had dislocated! When I met with him, he was adamant that no other therapies would help me outside of his $50,000 surgery--which is a 30 year old approach that no other doc in the lower 48 is still doing! Run, don't walk out of his office while you still can!!! p.s. he offered no apologies for the long wait, either.

March 17th, 2010

Best Doctor in Anchorage!!!!

November 29th, 2009

Knee Consult

Money-driven practice.

October 25th, 2008

An excellent, caring, knowledgable Dr.

We trusted him with our knees and weren't disappointed.