Dr. Timothy Keenen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
Fantastic Spine Doctor
From the very first visit with Dr. Keenen over my injured back to being released by him after having back surgery by him, Dr. Keenen and his whole staff were top notch. I can't say enough how Dr. Keenen took the all the time needed to explain to me what the options were and the about the procedure he preformed. The results from the back surgery have made a fantastic difference in the quality of my life. Very seldom in my experience with physicians have I been fortunate to have one like Dr. Keenen whose "bed side manner" and surgeon skills are both a 5 star rating out of 5. Still can't believe the difference before and after this surgery.

January 31st, 2017
My initial consultation with Dr. Keenen was very informative and pleasant. After meeting Dr. Keenen I came away feeling that his interest was to do whatever the best option was for me, making me feel very comfortable with him. From there through post-surgery my interactions with Dr. Keenen were outstanding. Dr. Keenen and his staff always exemplified confidence and personal care. It has been two months since my surgery and I feel like a new person.

December 28th, 2016
He is the best!
I had been fearful of back surgery because of family history. two of my sibs and my mom have had similar issues and did not get the relief they had hoped for with other surgeons. Dr. Keenen made me feel comfortable right from the start, answered all my questions and was certainly not pushy. I am happy to report that I am pain free for the first time in many years. He gave me the best Christmas present I could hope for. I am 9 weeks post op!

October 16th, 2016
Cyst removal from L5-S1
Dr. Keenen removed a cyst from my back and the sciatica pain went away immediately. Wonderful doctor. Completely trusted him to do a great surgery after my first visit with him.

August 16th, 2016
Amazing
First visit. Kind and gentle and soft spoken but obviously knows his "craft". I usually shop for several opinions. Not going to in this case. I know he will try his best to help me. Didn't mind the wait because I knew he was with another patient giving them the time that they needed.

August 2nd, 2016
Dr Keenen worked diligently on my behalf to get my insurance to agree to the surgery on my low back. His staff are all very professional and all took time to answer any questions that I had.

April 11th, 2016
Dr. Keenen gave me my life back.
Dr. Keenen was the right choice for me. Being under 40, spine surgery scared me. I saw 3 different surgeons and Dr. Keenen was the only one who made me feel safe, knowledgeable and ready for such a big event. He took time to explain everything to me, answered every question I had and let me know that the choice I had finally come to was going to be life-changing, for the better. I had a disc replacement and fusion on L4/L5 and S1/L5. My legs were going numb, I couldn't sit for longer than 20 minutes and no amount of Physical Therapy or injections was helping, this was my last resort. Dr. Keenen told me EXACTLY what would happen, how surgery would go, what to expect post surgery and how future life would be impacted. Everything went exactly as Dr. Keenen had discussed. I am now 4 months post surgery, have been on 5 mile hikes, play volleyball with my daughter, getting ready to water ski and will be snow skiing in 4 more months. I have my life back, I have my family back and I have never been more happy with a medical decision. Dr. Keenen gave me my life back.

March 24th, 2016
Bulging Disk
I had two bulging disks in my lower back that caused nerve loss and 50% muscle loss to my right leg. Dr. Keenan and I agreed on the urgency for surgery, which was performed within one week. The surgery was successful and my physical therapy is producing excellent results. This surgery has been literally life-altering.

March 1st, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Keenen!
Dr. Keenen was an absolute God send! He gave a much more accurate diagnosis than another doctor I consulted. He changed his schedule to provide an emergency surgery for me. I would have been paralyzed for life without having this emergency surgery. The follow up visits were great as well. I felt very well taken care of and well informed about how to recover after the surgery, so that I knew my limitations and was confident about not injuring myself. Dr. Keenen is a man of great integrity. I knew that he would only recommend what was necessary and that he was highly skilled and able to do the surgery well. I was referred to him by a couple who work closely with him in operating room settings. They told me that he is the best orthopedic surgeon in the Portland area. I have heard nothing but praise about him from several other former patients as well.

February 12th, 2016
Multiple recommendations brought me to him, he proved why.
I got three different opinions before my spinal fusion surgery. I chose to "interview" Dr. Keenen based on the comments and recommendations from my physical therapists. That's right, multiple therapists over the course of three years mentioned I should get a consultation with Dr. Keenen. I finally did, and am so happy I did. I was terrified of surgery and cried EVERY time a doc told me the same outcome. Of the four doctors (my general practitioner, a spine specialist in Eugene, one in Salem, and Dr. Keenen) he was the kindest, most patient, GENUINELY understanding and supportive. He encouraged me to get multiple opinions, was objective and very clear. His office staff run like a well oiled machine and the experience at Legacy was similar. While Legacy's actual hospital rooms left a lot to be desired, I would still have made the same choice as from beginning to end, the care was complete, comprehensive, and compassionate. I am a middle aged mother of two young children. Spinal surgery is a big deal and I appreciated that while this is their every day, they treated me like it was the big deal it was to me.

February 5th, 2016
Interview this doctor, you will not regret it! He will treat you like the human being you are : )

January 10th, 2016
In my situation, I was very pleased with the way Dr. Keenen, his office staff, and the hospital staff, handled my back surgery. I will definitely recommend him to others.