Overall Review

October 21st, 2015
a word of caution
dr kelliher I am sure deserves some of his better ratings. I went in to be evaluated for a familial neurological disorder, he didn't find anything which was good news. I should have left then but he continued to talk when an antidepressive med showed up on the med chart. His entire demeanor changed. It was almost as if he thought I was making the whole thing up If you must see dr kelliher do not list any mental health meds at better yet go to someone else

October 20th, 2015
Not for everybody
I went to dr kelliher because of a hereditary neurological disorder. He was not kind when he found nothing wrong like I had wasted his time. He read my med list and saw I was on antidepressants he is not good if u have any mental illness

March 15th, 2012
Very comfortable
I did have to wait awhile to get an appt-but no complaints. Well worth the wait Dr.Kelliher is a very pleasant and uplifting doctor.Over the top with his one on one patient-doctor comunications. It was a nice relief to actually talk with the doctor and not his assistant or nurse.Would highly recomend.

March 14th, 2012
Unbeleivable!
Dr. Kelliher has been my Neurolgist for several years. In the beginning he was very nice and informative - however that couldn't be further from the truth in my recent experience. My last 4 appointments Dr Kelliher has canceled on me! He's been sick or an emergency or moved office locations. I work full time and have need the appts for 6 p.m. which are difficult to come by. Each time he has cancelled I have made another appt, In the meantime I would need a script refill and he would deny it because I need to be seen. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! It becomes a big debate each time I need a refill.I think he has taken on too many patients and have forgotten about the ones he took on in the beginning. The last person in the office I spoke with was unbelievably rude which was a new experience - I have always had good luck with the front office - however this time they told me to call my primary to get the prescription that Kelliher prescribes how ridiculous is that!. Probably time to shop around!

July 13th, 2011
Outstanding
I thought my life was doomed until I met Dr. Kelliher. He has to be the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever met with. Very pleasant as well!

July 13th, 2011
TIA Patient
Always pleasant. Dr. Kelliher makes you feel like family while your in the office - he's caring and concerned. He is one of the few doctors I've seen who delves into my medical issues - all of them, and relates them to my neurological problem. As a health care professional myself - he is always ready to give me the references for his evaluations - which to me means he is keeping up with the literature. I have referred family members and others to him and have gotten similar comments back. The office staff also are friendly and cordial. It all makes for a good experience.

September 25th, 2008
Excellent Neurologist with time for his Patients!
I saw Dr. Kelliher after a long search for a Neurologist located on the North Shore, that would be able to see me within 2 months. Others had waiting lists for up to 4 months, or were not taking on any new patients. I needed to see a Neurologist that would continue the treatment I had been on since 2000. I also wanted a Neurologist that was up to date on the latest research and treatments in Sleep disorders. Dr. Kelliher is just that type of Neurologist. He presents as a professional, well educated MD, but he is not tyrannical and does not speak above or down to his patients. Dr. Kelliher speaks in a manner that includes his patient's. He has a very positive and extraordinary technique in his ability to make his patients feel comfortable when talking to him. He does have a great sense of humor and it comes forth at the right time when he is interacting with his patients. I am sure most of Dr. Kellihers patients at relaxed and at ease with him. He is not pretentious, explains his medical advice in layman terms, (so often MD's speak at their patients and make the patient feel as thought they should have, at the very least taken a medical terminology course before seeing the Doctor!) Dr. Kelliher shows his patients that he has time for them, and that they are his top priority when they are being seen by him. He is very up to date on the latest Neurological sciences, and relates this knowledge in a common and unhurried agreeable manner. The Support staff at Northeast Neurology Associates are very courteous and professional, both in person and on the telephone. The essential difference I saw and experienced with the support staff at Northeast Neurology Associates, as compared to numerous other medical support staff. Was the brilliant and above average way the staff showed individual care and concern for each individual patient that came into the office while I was there. The office itself is very clean, quite and relaxing. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best possible venue for a Patient's first time interaction with a new Doctor and his staff. I would have to give DR. Kelliher a 10++++ and is Staff the same rating.

May 21st, 2008
Rare Gem
Not often a physician spends so much time with a patient. Very caring and gentle nature....finally someone who listens and has a sense of humor. Dr Kelliher was my third opinion forma neurologist and he knew immediately what was wrong and what to do. Best I've felt in a long time!