Surgeons
Video profile
1025 E Morehead St
Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28204
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Jan 19th, 2014

Great surgeon! He did my lower sigmoid colon removal. Could not have had better care with the hospital team, him and his office for my rechecks. Highly recommend Dr.Kuwada 👍😷.

by Thomasina soumahoro on Jan 3rd, 2014

Awesome ! I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a bariatric surgeon.

|  The good and the VERY WORST  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2013

At first he made me feel very comfortable, very knowledgeable, answered my questions. I had the surgery and things went fine. Afterwards, I started having issues regarding the procedure. I went back to him and he wrote a letter to my insurance company to reverse the operation. The insurance company denied the request. THE BAD, I went back to him to discuss further options, he basically said he did all he could do, then he insulted my religion and said I was going to get fat anyways, right in front of me! I am not going to recommend this two-faced person

|  He's the Best  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Doctor Kuwada is a very caring and conscientious physician who takes his work very serious; therefore, allowing him to provide excellent care to his patients.

|  Post op 1 year visit  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

90% of the office staff gives excellent service but that 10% hurts the rest. Nutritionist in the office are not friendly and not pleasant to go and see so no help to people trying to control weight. Dr sends in his fellows and does not bother to come in and see you at all on post visit not sure why I have to come back except to have the yearly blood work what a waste of my time. He is a great surgeon but needs to learn how to care for patients after they have the surgery.

Aug 2nd, 2012

He is a great surgeon just don't think he really understands or cares about the person after he does there surgery. I really feel like once you have the surgery he got your money now deal with you issues.

|  Dr Tim Kuwada  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

An outstanding man and compassionate doctor. You will not find a person more interested in the outcome and very encouraging. I cannot tell you how impressive this doctor is....just a great guy and very focused on getting the desired result for you. Takes all the time in the world and cares about his patients. What more can you ask....don't consider anyone else.

by Ms. Mistakes :( on Dec 16th, 2009

I am a lap band patient, while in the process of getting my surgery and getting my money most were nice (except nutritionist) After surgery I no longer mattered to the office and was never included in the after surgery support group. Kept asking about it and on third request was told that wasn't important, if I didn't know how to do right now I probably never would so that group would be pointless for me. Was given incorrect diet information from nutritionist that conflicted with dr, who conflicted with nurse. Kuwada may be a good Dr for bi pass, but has little concern for his banded patients and less regard as to how the staff treats patients. :( Information provided is limited and in many cases incorrect. My success rate would be much higher had I received better after care (I have lost considerable weight since doing research outside of the views of his office and following a correct lap band NOT bipass diet)

|  THE BEST  |  show details
by Alana on Oct 18th, 2009

Dr. Kuwada performed my laparoscopic cholesystechtomy (gallbladder removal) and did an amazing job. He did all work through one incision in my belly button and I have NO SCAR to even prove that I had the surgery! He has a warm and caring disposition. I highly recommend this surgeon. Could not have asked for better care. He listened to all my concerns and left the decision up to me. He never once pushed the surgery. His nurse Murial is also fabulous. Very responsive and handled all paperwork so I had no worries while recovering from my surgery. A