Internist, Sleep Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  show details
Aug 21st, 2013

I am quitting Dr. Macon - He is so uninterested in my questions and he moves so slowly that I think he is sleep deprived. It is like going to a hair salon where the hairdresser has a terrible hairstyle! Plus I had to wait very long in the exam room and I was one of only two people there at the time. Was prescribed a bi-pap machine and it does not help. I still do not sleep well. Am switching doctors.

|  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I am disgusted with Dr. Macon. I received 3 sleep tests with no commentary from him at all. I had no idea what was going on with my sleep. Further, when I finally received a prescription for a machine, I was not able to use it. He didn't even bother to call me regarding follow-up. I now sleep upright, and I have no apnea--so I guess I didn't need that expensive machine after all. When I first met Dr. Macon, I had so many questions. His response was always "Wait until you get this machine." I don't consider that an explanation at all. Twenty minutes in, he raised his hand to say STOP, "I have other patients," and left the room. I went to a second sleep specialist who acted very strangely and eventually said that he wouldn't take me on as a patient. Turns out he and Macon are good friends. My husband is still Macon's patient. He always charges the insurance company for a long visit, when, in fact, Macon has never spent more than five minutes with my husband.

|  Very Good Dr.  |  show details
by Cindy W. on Mar 15th, 2008

Altho it is a long wait, he is very good at what he does and will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your visit. He goes beyond a Regular Dr. in his Caring for you.