Dr. Timothy Macon DO Patient Reviews

3.4

February 3rd, 2017
Is he the only one?
I was looking for a different sleep specialist than Dr. Macon. I just don't like his attitude. I was there to see him, yet he made eye contact with my husband and not me. Talked to him and not me. I tried to get in with other docs but EVERYONE said I have to see him FIRST. Grrrrr.

January 4th, 2017
Dr. Macon (a review by I. Said)
I do not understand all these negative comments regarding Dr. Macon. I have been a patient with Dr. Macon for almost 8 years. He is a professional and in my dealing with him, he has been very helpful in explaining my sleep disorder. He was open to all my suggestions about the CPAP machine and the pressure levels. With Dr. Macon you need to relax and have a sense a humor instead of getting into his office and play a patient who needs attention at all cost. I, once, wrote an 2 pages essay explaining why I didn't like the way they sleep test me. In my next visit, he was very cordial and even agree with me a that I needed to do the testing differently. All this has to do with the pressure level a patient should start with. He made sure the testing was done properly, and he convinced me of the proper the pressure level (which I disagree with). Now I sleep vey well thanks to him patience with me and his understanding. Dr. Macon is good doctor, I thank him for all the suggestions and support he gave. He care about his patient. He send me to a doctor because of unusual daytime nasal air passage obstruction that are not due to cold or allergies. It turned out that I had a severe deformed septum, which was corrected through a minor surgery. Now I breath better, (but still need my machine) thanks to Dr. Macon for sending me see a specialist

June 24th, 2015
I Changed Doctors
Dr. Macon diagnosed me for sleep apnea but did not do any explanation of my sleep study testing other than to say that I have it. I switched doctors for my second visit and got a full explanation, including charts and graphs, of my results. As much as I understand that everyone has a different way of doing things when you spend hundreds of dollars and many hours doing testing I, as a patient, want to know what is happening with my health.

August 21st, 2013
I am quitting Dr. Macon - He is so uninterested in my questions and he moves so slowly that I think he is sleep deprived. It is like going to a hair salon where the hairdresser has a terrible hairstyle! Plus I had to wait very long in the exam room and I was one of only two people there at the time. Was prescribed a bi-pap machine and it does not help. I still do not sleep well. Am switching doctors.

December 1st, 2011
I am disgusted with Dr. Macon. I received 3 sleep tests with no commentary from him at all. I had no idea what was going on with my sleep. Further, when I finally received a prescription for a machine, I was not able to use it. He didn't even bother to call me regarding follow-up. I now sleep upright, and I have no apnea--so I guess I didn't need that expensive machine after all. When I first met Dr. Macon, I had so many questions. His response was always "Wait until you get this machine." I don't consider that an explanation at all. Twenty minutes in, he raised his hand to say STOP, "I have other patients," and left the room. I went to a second sleep specialist who acted very strangely and eventually said that he wouldn't take me on as a patient. Turns out he and Macon are good friends. My husband is still Macon's patient. He always charges the insurance company for a long visit, when, in fact, Macon has never spent more than five minutes with my husband.

March 15th, 2008
Very Good Dr.
Altho it is a long wait, he is very good at what he does and will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your visit. He goes beyond a Regular Dr. in his Caring for you.