Internist, Sleep Medicine Specialist

2.5

Aug 21st, 2013

I am quitting Dr. Macon - He is so uninterested in my questions and he moves so slowly that I think he is sleep deprived. It is like going to a hair salon where the hairdresser has a terrible hairstyle! Plus I had to wait very long in the exam room and I was one of only two people there at the time. Was prescribed a bi-pap machine and it does not help. I still do not sleep well. Am switching doctors.

Dec 1st, 2011

I am disgusted with Dr. Macon. I received 3 sleep tests with no commentary from him at all. I had no idea what was going on with my sleep. Further, when I finally received a prescription for a machine, I was not able to use it. He didn't even bother to call me regarding follow-up. I now sleep upright, and I have no apnea--so I guess I didn't need that expensive machine after all. When I first met Dr. Macon, I had so many questions. His response was always "Wait until you get this machine." I don't consider that an explanation at all. Twenty minutes in, he raised his hand to say STOP, "I have other patients," and left the room. I went to a second sleep specialist who acted very strangely and eventually said that he wouldn't take me on as a patient. Turns out he and Macon are good friends. My husband is still Macon's patient. He always charges the insurance company for a long visit, when, in fact, Macon has never spent more than five minutes with my husband.

Very Good Dr. show details Very Good Dr.
by Cindy W. on Mar 15th, 2008

Altho it is a long wait, he is very good at what he does and will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your visit. He goes beyond a Regular Dr. in his Caring for you.