Dr. Timothy Macon DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 24th, 2015
I Changed Doctors
Dr. Macon diagnosed me for sleep apnea but did not do any explanation of my sleep study testing other than to say that I have it. I switched doctors for my second visit and got a full explanation, including charts and graphs, of my results. As much as I understand that everyone has a different way of doing things when you spend hundreds of dollars and many hours doing testing I, as a patient, want to know what is happening with my health.

August 21st, 2013
I am quitting Dr. Macon - He is so uninterested in my questions and he moves so slowly that I think he is sleep deprived. It is like going to a hair salon where the hairdresser has a terrible hairstyle! Plus I had to wait very long in the exam room and I was one of only two people there at the time. Was prescribed a bi-pap machine and it does not help. I still do not sleep well. Am switching doctors.

December 1st, 2011
I am disgusted with Dr. Macon. I received 3 sleep tests with no commentary from him at all. I had no idea what was going on with my sleep. Further, when I finally received a prescription for a machine, I was not able to use it. He didn't even bother to call me regarding follow-up. I now sleep upright, and I have no apnea--so I guess I didn't need that expensive machine after all. When I first met Dr. Macon, I had so many questions. His response was always "Wait until you get this machine." I don't consider that an explanation at all. Twenty minutes in, he raised his hand to say STOP, "I have other patients," and left the room. I went to a second sleep specialist who acted very strangely and eventually said that he wouldn't take me on as a patient. Turns out he and Macon are good friends. My husband is still Macon's patient. He always charges the insurance company for a long visit, when, in fact, Macon has never spent more than five minutes with my husband.

March 15th, 2008
Very Good Dr.
Altho it is a long wait, he is very good at what he does and will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your visit. He goes beyond a Regular Dr. in his Caring for you.