Dr. Timothy Marten MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery San Francisco, CA

3.6

March 2nd, 2017
Surgery 3-weeks ago and very happy with results
I researched plastic surgeons for 2 1/2 years; ultimately interviewing 6 before I chose Dr. Marten who was referred to me by 3- general surgeons, all of whom said, "Dr. Marten sets the gold standard for facial plastic surgery." I hoped my face and neck lift results would 'turn back' the clock by 10 or more years. I can say 100% that was my result. On our first meeting, Dr. Marten was very honest and realistic about my potential outcome. The reading materials he provides are very clear about the discomfort, swelling, numbness, etc., you may experience with a face/neck lift. After all, this is real surgery! After reading the materials thoroughly, and doing more research, I was nervous and asked to meet with Dr. Marten again. Dr. Marten was very patient and answered all 4-pages of my questions! After the meeting I felt completely comfortable proceeding. I am now three weeks post-op, and most of my swelling is gone. I still have a few small black and blue marks on my face, but, I never expected I would look this good so soon! My neck is incredible and he gave me my jaw line back!! One word describes his staff: wonderful! Britini is incredibly patient, Helen is very helpful with any before/after surgery questions, and the aftercare nurse assigned to me, Lynda is an angel. I would 100% recommend Dr. Marten.

February 25th, 2017
The best
Dr. Marten is a humble, kind, beyond talented doctor. In 2006 he performed a FL, upper bleph, lateral eye brow lift, and fat grafting. I could not of been happier and now 11 years later I will be having it done again. Without a doubt I trust him with my life. He is a man of integrity, a perfectionist, meticulous in every way.

January 31st, 2017
Not worth it at all.
The reviews online must be very biased. Tim made my face look.like I am a tranny.... I'm exttemely sad.

January 19th, 2017
I seeked help from the best...
If he is the best what USA has got to offer, then I do not recommend the plastic surgeons over there. This man was the most unethical plastic surgeon I have ever heard there is. He lied he can help and did everything opposite what he promised. Do not trust him at any level. He ruined my life.

September 14th, 2016
Amazing surgeon! I had a face/neck/eye lift and I look 10 years younger. All my co workers and friends say I just look refreshed but would not have been able to tell I had work done. Many people have asked for Dr Marten's contact info after I told them who worked on me.

March 25th, 2016
I have never evaluated or recommended anyone or anything before on the web. However for Dr. Timothy Marten there really should be 6 stars instead of 5 as a top rating. He is an extraordinary doctor. He was recommended to me by friends in the medical profession on the East Coast who told me he is one of the top five plastic surgeons in the United States. I had interviewed three other doctors before talking with Dr. Marten but never felt that I could trust my health and my face to them. After my meeting with Dr. Marten which lasted one and a half hours I knew I had found the right doctor. I was sent home from that meeting with a document of over 100 pages with before-and-after pictures and most compellingly detailed explanations of the procedures to be done comparing and contrasting the approach Dr. Marten would take with those of other surgeons. Dr. Marten has his own surgery center thus ensuring the quality of everything related to any procedure he does. He is not only a brilliant and supremely skilled doctor he is also clearly cares for his patients and is keenly aware of the life-changing effects his work can have. His entire staff is of the same extremely high caliber. I am 100% grateful to have found him and to have benefited from his skill and care.

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Marten is truly an artist. The staff was very supportive, especially Brittany. I had a facelift for the first time at 64 and I now look totally natural- just 15 years younger! I highly recommend him. He is worth the wait to get in to see him.

December 25th, 2015
Absolutely the best plastic surgeon for face rejuvenation
The best of the best! Do not look for another plastic surgeon for your face. This is the one!

December 6th, 2015
As so many other reviewers have stated, Dr. Marten is the absolute best of the best. I am thrilled with my results.

November 30th, 2015
I'm a male facelift and necklift patient of Dr. Marten. The surgery results are amazing and my neck and jawline turned out to be better than my expectations. The office is very busy due to Dr. M's popularity (despite no advertising on his part), yet they always take the time to make me feel like a special patient. Dr. Marten is always running a few minutes behind schedule, but he takes his time. I've always had him take a few minutes extra with me during each follow up appointment, as he has also done for my three friends who have also had facelifts done with him. In my opinion, he is by far the best facelift surgeon in the nation.

April 30th, 2015
Simply the best.

April 6th, 2015
The Best Angel of Plastic Surgeons
After 28 years of searching, I finally found Dr. Marten who is truly the best angel of plastic surgeons.