Plastic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

450 Sutter St
Rm 2222
San Francisco, CA 94108
415-677-9838
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 11th, 2014

Exceptional plastic surgeon : Skill and artistry. Was able to correct defects created by other respected surgeons. Would always return in the future if need arose.

|  Terrible doctor that LIES. NO STARS  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2014

This person should not call himself a doctor. He lies about everything he does. He is NEVER concerned about the peoples lives that he ruins. The only thing that he thinks about when a patient sits opposite him is how much money he can extract out of them. When he does operate on you and you are unconscious do you know what he does to you? This person is criminal and a LIAR as are all the people that work with him. They are all aware of what he is doing and they all lie with and for him.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by Mary_AustinTX on Apr 3rd, 2014

As a 52 yr old woman I wanted to share my facelift experience that Dr Timothy J Marten of Martin Clinic of Plastic Surgery in San Francisco performed in March of 2014While I have never written a review on a website before, I was so exceedingly impressed by him that I felt compelled to share some of my experiences.He doesnt have a website and many only know of his reputation by word of mouth. I would have had great hesitation had it not been for Dr Roger Khouri from Florida (a world reknowned breast reconstructive surgery doctor ) who treated me and recommended Dr Marten, regarding him as the best facial plastic surgeon. With Dr Marten I had a face lift which entailed a neck lift ( they call him the KING of necks) and fat injections to parts of my face and lips. I wish he had a website with a photo gallery because his work is truly outstanding. I am a very cautious person who does copious research and dont care where I have to travel to if I know I am in the hands of a doctor who I feel is an expert in his field. There are many plastic surgeons but not all of them are good on faces or certain parts of the face. When you are researching doctors it is important to evaluate several factors: 1. Does it look natural and not overdone 2. How well does the before and after of the neck look and the side jawline 3. How do the scars look in the after photos. Many doctors dont show you in the after photos with the ears and hair styled to cover the lobe and temporal area where scars remain visible. With Dr Marten his scars are absolutely invisible and he proudly shows you all the after photos demonstrating his technique. He is a master with his micro stitches. It has only been 12 days since my surgery and my scars are so faint even at this stage. He does all the work himself with only one surgery a day. Some plastic surgeons will have assistants doing other parts of the facial surgery.like stitches or fat injectionsnot good! Many plastic surgeons use different techniques which provide different timeframes of longevity results. Dr Marten uses the SMAS procedure on the neck which provides a more long lasting natural appearing correction to the cheek and jowel area. SMAS stands for superficial muscluoaponeurotic system. They say the visual benefits quadruple for the amount of years it looks improved with this technique versus others. From what I understand it is a time consuming and more complex approach that many plastic surgeons do not want to deal with or learn the technique. However, he is world renowned and in great demand. I know he is a sought after lecturer at many plastic surgery conferences and often has visiting plastic surgeons observing him.You need to plan ahead and be patient.Because he is in high demand you need to book a consultation usually 5 months in advance and then often another 6 month wait for surgery.In the meatime they can send you his 100 plus page booklet on a Patients Guide to face lift Surgery that shows many before/after photos with extreme detail and explanations to his procedures. You will be in awe with the work shown in his guide.Before your pre operative appointment you receive a 70 page Instruction booklet. I have never experienced such detailed information from any doctor.He is very informative and has written chapters in over 18 textbooks on facelift surgery. His awards and recognitions in his field are numerous. In one of my office visits I learned that he does facelifts on many of his colleagues, wives and daughters. Wow! That is the ultimate compliment to have a fellow plastic surgeon wanting you to do him and his family members.Dr Marten is a very humble, calm, and very patient man. As busy as he is you never feel rushed and you have his devoted attention on Game Day. Surgery!The whole experience was so smooth. His offices are stunning, located in Union square. The staff are so hospitableyou feel you are at a 5 star spa. I stayed post operatively for a week next door at a Marriott which was so convenient for the 3 post op appointments I had in my 7 day stay following surgery. The evening of surgery was spent in a surgical suite next to the surgical room accompanied by a night nurse. It looks like a beautiful contemporary hotel room. Little touches that made it even more enjoyable are the flowers waiting for you in your hotel room from him and his staff and the complimentary gesture of Dr Marten sending a courtesy car to the airport upon arrival and returning you for departure.They even arranged a complimentary lymphatic drainage app with a therapist and a complimentary makeup artist to show me how to best camaflouge the few bruises I had.It is seldom you find a doctor that is the whole packageworld class expert in facial surgery with such a caring attitude, outstanding staff attentive to your every need, and welcomed in such a gorgeous office overlooking the beautiful San Francisco skyline. I will always be grateful to Dr Marten and his staff for this positive experience.Good luck in finding the right doctor. It is a scary decision having facial plastic surgery and one needs to be cautious and evaluate well your decisions.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by Mary A. on Apr 3rd, 2014

As a 52 yr old woman I wanted to share my facelift experience that Dr Timothy J Marten of Martin Clinic of Plastic Surgery in San Francisco performed in March of 2014 While I have never written a review on a website before, I was so exceedingly impressed by him that I felt compelled to share some of my experiences. He doesn’t have a website and many only know of his reputation by word of mouth. I would have had great hesitation had it not been for Dr Roger Khouri from Florida (a world reknowned breast reconstructive surgery doctor ) who treated me and recommended Dr Marten, regarding him as the best facial plastic surgeon. With Dr Marten I had a face lift which entailed a neck lift ( they call him the KING of necks) and fat injections to parts of my face and lips. I wish he had a website with a photo gallery because his work is truly outstanding. I am a very cautious person who does copious research and don’t care where I have to travel to if I know I am in the hands of a doctor who I feel is an expert in his field. There are many plastic surgeons but not all of them are good on faces or certain parts of the face. When you are researching doctors it is important to evaluate several factors: 1. Does it look natural and not overdone 2. How well does the before and after of the neck look and the side jawline 3. How do the scars look in the after photos. Many doctors don’t show you in the after photos with the ears and hair styled to cover the lobe and temporal area where scars remain visible. With Dr Marten his scars are absolutely invisible and he proudly shows you all the after photos demonstrating his technique. He is a master with his micro stitches. It has only been 12 days since my surgery and my scars are so faint even at this stage. He does all the work himself with only one surgery a day. Some plastic surgeons will have assistants doing other parts of the facial surgery….like stitches or fat injections…not good! Many plastic surgeons use different techniques which provide different timeframes of longevity results. Dr Marten uses the SMAS procedure on the neck which provides a more long lasting natural appearing correction to the cheek and jowel area. SMAS stands for superficial muscluoaponeurotic system. They say the visual benefits quadruple for the amount of years it looks improved with this technique versus others. From what I understand it is a time consuming and more complex approach that many plastic surgeons do not want to deal with or learn the technique. However, he is world renowned and in great demand. I know he is a sought after lecturer at many plastic surgery conferences and often has visiting plastic surgeons observing him. You need to plan ahead and be patient. Because he is in high demand you need to book a consultation usually 5 months in advance and then often another 6 month wait for surgery. In the meatime they can send you his 100 plus page booklet on a Patients Guide to face lift Surgery that shows many before/after photos with extreme detail and explanations to his procedures. You will be in awe with the work shown in his guide. Before your pre operative appointment you receive a 70 page Instruction booklet. I have never experienced such detailed information from any doctor. He is very informative and has written chapters in over 18 textbooks on facelift surgery. His awards and recognitions in his field are numerous. In one of my office visits I learned that he does facelifts on many of his colleagues, wives and daughters. Wow! That is the ultimate compliment to have a fellow plastic surgeon wanting you to do him and his family members. Dr Marten is a very humble, calm, and very patient man. As busy as he is you never feel rushed and you have his devoted attention on “ Game Day…. Surgery!” The whole experience was so smooth. His offices are stunning, located in Union square. The staff are so hospitable…you feel you are at a 5 star spa. I stayed post operatively for a week next door at a Marriott which was so convenient for the 3 post op appointments I had in my 7 day stay following surgery. The evening of surgery was spent in a surgical suite next to the surgical room accompanied by a night nurse. It looks like a beautiful contemporary hotel room. Little touches that made it even more enjoyable are the flowers waiting for you in your hotel room from him and his staff and the complimentary gesture of Dr Marten sending a courtesy car to the airport upon arrival and returning you for departure. They even arranged a complimentary lymphatic drainage app with a therapist and a complimentary makeup artist to show me how to best camaflouge the few bruises I had. It is seldom you find a doctor that is the whole package……world class expert in facial surgery with such a caring attitude, outstanding staff attentive to your every need, and welcomed in such a gorgeous office overlooking the beautiful San Francisco skyline. I will always be grateful to Dr Marten and his staff for this positive experience. Good luck in finding the right doctor. It is a scary decision having facial plastic surgery and one needs to be cautious and evaluate well your decisions.

|  Highly Recommended for Revision Facelift  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2014

I wholeheartedly agree with the many reviewers singing Dr. Marten’s praises. If you are a patient seeking surgeon for an initial facelift, then do yourself a huge favor and go to Dr. Marten. Dr. Marten is the total package - unsurpassed technical skill, artistic vision, a consummate professional, and a compassionate and respectful personality. In addition, I have never encountered a medical staff as impressive as Dr. Marten’s team. Based on my experience, I highly recommend Dr. Marten to patients seeking a surgeon to perform a revision facelift. I had a revision facelift with fatgrafting done by Dr. Marten over three years ago to correct the horrible results of a mini-facelift by another surgeon. Before I chose Dr. Marten to perform my revision surgery I consulted with several other leading surgeons. There are few decisions more emotionally charged and fraught with trepidation than selecting a physician to perform a revision surgery. Even before I met Dr. Marten in person I was impressed by his credentials and talent. Dr. Marten lectures at PS conferences worldwide. He is held in high esteem among his peers and patients. Dr. Marten’s before/after photos are jaw-dropping. What sets Dr. Marten’s before/after photos apart is that the patients don’t just look younger and different – they consistently look younger and better. I was also lucky enough to meet a couple of Dr. Marten’s previous patients which allowed me to see some real-world examples of his work. There were a couple of key factors that became evident during my consultation appointment with Dr. Marten that set him apart. After he examined the results of my previous surgery Dr. Marten said that he felt he could help me. Some other surgeons had openly expressed doubts that they could improve my results or were subtly discouraging, leaving me with the impression that they were less than enthusiastic about taking on my challenging case. During the consultation appointment, Dr. Marten quickly assessed my results from the original surgery. He stayed in the present-moment focusing a majority of the conversation on what could now be done to help me. He was hopeful but realistic. I felt like it was a productive use of our time and that Dr. Marten interacted with me in a way that demonstrated compassion and professionalism. Some other physicians had wasted a significant portion of the allotted consultation appointment time describing in detail everything my initial surgeon had done wrong and disparaging my results. Those consults had been emotionally draining and unproductive. Because Dr. Marten is so popular I had to wait months for both my consult and surgery. It was an agonizing wait because I wanted the revision completed as quickly as possible. I am so glad I waited for the best! I am grateful to Dr. Marten because I truly feel that he gave me a second chance.

|  A Terrific Resource for Facial Plastic Surgery  |  show details
by Janie Q on Mar 7th, 2014

Dr Marten is that splendid combination of extreme talent in the surgical suite, an experienced and artistic aesthetic eye, a superb manager of a beautifully run practice, and a sincere and effective communicator. At 4 months post-procedure, I could not be more pleased with both my experience with the Marten Clinic of Plastic Surgery and my results.

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
by James R. on Nov 10th, 2013

I did substantial research and a lot of traveling to interview other top surgeons before having full facial rejuvenation at the Marten Clinic two years ago -- and I couldn't have made a better choice. I'm now almost 70, but virtually no one believes it. My "before" photos were so depressing that I can barely stand to look at them now. Dr. Marten lectures on technique to other plastic surgeons all over the world, and another top surgeon even told me: "You want Tim Marten." So I expected exceptional surgical skills. But what exceeded all expectations was the doctor's degree of personal connection and commitment. Two years after my check went into the bank, he is still generous with his time and offers warm, personal answers to any questions I may have. Dr. Marten's staff, meanwhile, is a model of intelligence and efficiency. You'll know you're dealing with the "A team" the minute someone picks up a phone. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't consider having plastic surgery anywhere else, even though I have to travel from New York.

by RP on Sep 14th, 2013

Had a face and neck lift 8 months ago. 58 yo Male who needed some updating. The office is run like a machine and all the staff are super friendly and helpful. Dr. Marten spend all the time I needed consulting with me and made some recommendation for the procedure and we agreed. Day of Surgery was stressful but Dr. Marten has his own surgical suite which was easy and comforting. He uses the same Anesthesiologist ( who was great and put me right to sleep!!) Dr. Marten saw me right before the surgery and then when I woke up 8 hours later. I did lots of reference checks on him and he was highly recommended by many other Surgeons and Dermatologists that have seen his work. I can say that the recovery and some minor pain was all worth the results. I look healthy, younger, refreshed and I still look like ME. Dr. Marten is a great talent is plastic surgery and I would definitely recommend him and use him again if I should need anything later in life.

|  Patient and Medical Professional (RN)  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2013

In May of this year I underwent a face, neck, and brow lift with facial fat grafting. Not only am I pleased with the results, I find Dr. Marten an outstanding physician on all accounts. He is talented, professional, compassionate, as well as a good listener. His ongoing follow-up care is as noteworthy as his consultation, pre and post-operative care. Dr. Marten and his staff are there for you 100%! Having 30 years as a medical professional myself I know I make an excellent life changing choice and I wish I had encountered more physicians over my career that could match the incredible qualities of this physician and his staff.

|  Amazing!  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

I had facial surgery by Dr. Marten on March 1st, 2013, so it has been just over 3 months since my surgery. Wow am I thrilled! I am a 60 year old male that has has previous facial surgeries, but never one so amazing as this one with Dr. Marten. He completely reconstructed and shortened my ears, lifted and balanced my face from a bout of Bell's Palsy I had some years ago, completely reworked my neck, a skin peel under my eyes and added fat in various places in my face and lips. Even though he said that improvements will continue for quite some time, I am so happy I made the decision to travel across the country and undergo surgery! I feel like I look better now, than I ever have at any age. On May 24th, 2013 my wife also had facial surgery with Dr. Marten, so she is just past 2 weeks. She had similar work done with the addition of a partial forehead lift to balance her eyebrows and upper eye surgery to lift and freshen her eyes. She already looks great! I highly recommend Dr. Marten!

|  amazed  |  show details
by heather on May 9th, 2013

Amazing Dr, came highly recomended to me by Dr's and clients of mine and I live on the other side of the country. That in its self says something! I had full face fat graft, he did a great job. He is very patient and kind. You can tell he really cares about his work. Responds very quickly to e mails before and after surgery. His staff is very friendly and professional. Friends and family were amazed when they saw me. Lots of complements! He used old pics of me to sculpt my face. Skin feels smoother too, Very happy!

May 8th, 2013

I flew across the country for him! He was highly recommended by all others I had spoke to about this procedure I had done. He did an amazing job with my fat grafting. Will definitely recommend to others!

|  Amazing  |  show details
by Heather J. on May 8th, 2013

|  great dr  |  show details
by heather on May 7th, 2013

I did full face fat graft, getting lots of complements 2wks out. He did an amazing job! True artist, u can tell he really cares about his work!

May 6th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Marten. The changes he made to my eyelids and neck look so natural that even though I look many, many years younger, very few people realize that I had work done. Everyone just thinks that I have lost weight! Dr. Marten's staff are lovely and very professional.

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  |  show details
May 3rd, 2013

After 3 years of searching for the right plastic surgeon, my own brother, who is a plastic surgeon, recommended Dr. Tim Marten in San Francisco after having attended a seminar given by Dr. Marten on facelift surgery. I have just celebrated my one year anniversary since having face, forehead, neck and eyelid surgery by Dr. Marten. I am very happy with the results. I had told Dr. Marten that my goal was to look refreshed and rested, like Id had a great nights sleep. And thats how I see myself now. There is no indication of surgery and the results are very natural. Dr. Marten is an expert both at precision as well as having an artistic eye. He even balanced my eyebrows one of which had been lower than the other since birth. My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Union Square, next door to Dr. Martens office. He has a great bedside manner and even came to our hotel room twice to check up on me. His staff was also very accommodating throughout the entire experience.

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  |  show details
by Barbara on May 3rd, 2013

After 3 years of searching for the right plastic surgeon, my own brother, who is a plastic surgeon, recommended Dr. Tim Marten in San Francisco after having attended a seminar given by Dr. Marten on facelift surgery. I have just celebrated my one year anniversary since having face, forehead, neck and eyelid surgery by Dr. Marten. I am very happy with the results. I had told Dr. Marten that my goal was to look refreshed and rested, like I’d had a great night’s sleep. And that’s how I see myself now. There is no indication of surgery and the results are very natural. Dr. Marten is an expert both at precision as well as having an artistic eye. He even balanced my eyebrows one of which had been lower than the other since birth. My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Union Square, next door to Dr. Marten’s office. He has a great bedside manner and even came to our hotel room twice to check up on me. His staff was also very accommodating throughout the entire experience.

|  Top Notch  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Marten by another well recognized surgeon because he does " very creative things around the eyes". Since that time in 2011 I have had other procedures done Dr. Marten because of his artistry and commitment to providing the best. He has restored my face back to more what I looked like age 40 and I am now 63. He has corrected damage done by prior plastic surgeons and has promised nothing that was not delivered. The face lift has left no visible scars. I am an active person and my appearance now more matches the younger person I feel like. After experiences with other plastic MD's I can not say enough positive about this dedicated surgeon.

Mar 24th, 2013

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Marten or his staff. Final outcome is still in progress but everything indicates an amazing result. Very happy I chose him!

|  Amazing!  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2013

Dr. Marten is truely an artist. His surgery center and recovery suite and staff are also incredible. After having had several cosmetic surgeries, my experience with Dr. Marten was so surprisingly great. The care of the staff, anesthesiologist and nurses also made a difference. No nausea, totally comfortable throughout. Every issue has been conisdered and responded to in advance of any need, thereby reducing any problems to zero in my case. I recommend Dr. Marten highly!

|  Great Experience with Dr. Marten  |  show details
by Susan on Mar 5th, 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful experience I had with Dr. Marten. I relied heavily on these boards when I made my decision, so I wanted to let you know that all the wonderful things you read about him are true. He is an artist and a wonderful, caring doctor. I had my neck, lower face, eyes and forehead done with fat injections. I just can't tell you how happy I am with the results. I think I underestimated what a huge operation this was, but all I can say is, if you decide this is what you want, you really need to find the very best doctor. Forget convenience, forget price - this is your face you are having cut on, so you need the very best. I feel so lucky I found Dr. Marten, because I honestly feel I couldn't have gotten a better result from anyone else. If you are anywhere near the SF Bay Area, do yourself a favor and go meet this man.

|  Amazing Artist!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

You will be thrilled with the outcome if you choose to go with Dr. Marten! He is a perfectionist, paying attention to every little detail. He is a genius in discerning what needs to be done in order to achieve the best result. He lectures all over the World, and is renown for his work. Dr. Marten has a great bedside manner. You will not be disappointed, I cannot imagine trusting anyone else.

|  It's all true, folks!  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2013

I just spent some time reading uniformly flattering reviews of the "Marten Clinic experience" -- superb work done by a uniquely skilled and compassionate surgeon, supported by an unusually intelligent and professional staff. And the most important thing I can tell you is this: It's all true! Dr. Marten operated on me almost a year ago, as I headed for age 68 with my soul sagging almost as badly as my face and neck. All three are now very much improved. A full face and neck lift, along with substantial fat transfers, smoothed and filled out a thin male visage that had been turned sadly gaunt not just by age but by two decades of personal travail. Dr. Marten's work revealed again the boyishness that lay beneath the lines and wrinkles. Anyone searching for the right plastic surgeon should also know this about me: I'm a very hard marker -- often disappointed when it comes to doctors -- and a meticulous investigator who doesn't stumble into things like a drunken sailor getting a tattoo. Before landing on Dr. Marten's doorstep, I did a lot of online research, visited the best plastic surgeons in New York, and consulted doctors at a famous clinic in the Midwest. "Tim Marten is the guy you want," another plastic surgeon told me. He was 100% right. Another reviewer here spoke of wishing he could "clone" Dr. Marten's practice and instill the same sensibilities in medical and surgical offices elsewhere. I know exactly what he meant. And you will, too, if you become a patient.

Jan 26th, 2013

Doctor Marten is an artist with attention to detail. His office is State of the Art, with a surgery center that is the very best.

|  Wonderful results 6 months out  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

I am a male who had a full facelift and fat grafting with Dr. Marten 6 months ago. Words can't describe how thrilled I am with the work that Dr. M did for me. The decision to actually go ahead with the surgery was a difficult one for me and I visited Dr. Marten's clinic on three seperate occasions to consult with him. I've never met a doctor who excercised so much patience in answering my multiple questions and in helping me come to a decision whether to do the complete facelift or to just address my issues with my flabby neck alone. Ultimately, he left the decision to me and I chose the full facelift, stressing to him that I wanted to look like myself, just younger and slimmer. Six months later, I couldn't be happier with my decision-- not only do I look completely natural, it's quite apparent that he listened intently to everything that I requested. Dr. M has devoted his professional life to pursuing excellence and my improved face is testament to that. In addition, he is a very nice guy and is just as accessible after the surgery as he is before. I've heard it said that the quality of a doctor's staff is an indication of the quality of the doctor and in this case, I can definitely say that this is true. I wish that I could clone his staff and put them to work in any doctor that I encounter in the future-- they are incredibly friendly and professional.

|  Outstanding Experience  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I had put off making a decision for a neck lift for five years. I knew I needed to deal with this but was terrified of the actual procedure. Having surgery is very risky and I also had numerous fears: what if something went wrong, what if I regretted the procedure, what if it was botched? Meeting Dr. Marten and talking with him made me realize that he was the only doctor to go with and that I was in extremely capable hands. When I arrived for the surgery, I was still concerned about the actual procedure and he was very reassuring and extremely gentle. His professionalism was evident every step of the way. The recovery was much easier than I imagined and the results are amazing. I wasn't ready five years ago and somewhat regret waiting so long, but I am so pleased with the results. I cannot recommend a more competent, caring, gentle, professional doctor anywhere.

|  Lower SMAS Lift and Fat Injections - Looking Super  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2012

I had a lower SMAS facelift, neck lift and fat injections done by Dr. Marten in mid-August, 2012. While I am almost 6 weeks post (probably early) I am already thrilled with my new look. In particular, the fat injections have added a rejuvenating fullness to my face, with fat placed in the temples, nose bridge, cheeks, lips and along the jaw line. I also had fat placed in my hands - I wish I'd done that years ago.I feel that Dr. Marten gives me 100% of his time, care and attention during my appointments. He is very thorough in describing his technique as well as addressing any concerns during the consultation.His stitching is phenomenal. I can not see the incisions in the tragus area of my ears; the other incisions continue to fade and are barely noticeable.Dr. Marten has an aesthetic eye which he used to improve my looks while not taking me too far beyond my original look. I found the staff at Dr. Marten's clinic to be responsive to my needs and work to fit me in to address post-surgical issues. I think the surgical set-up with a recovery suite for the first night after surgery is also great for safety and patient peace of mind. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Marten for patients wanting their lower face tightened up plus the rejuvenating effect of fat injections.

|  Changed My Life  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I looked at myself in the mirror on my 53rd birthday and thought it was over. The woman who looked back seemed tired and sad. I had my family's tear troughs and dark-ish circles under my eyes, beginning of jowls and loose skin under my chin. But what could I do? I was resigned to looking much older than I felt. Then I got referred to Dr. Marten, among the several top plastic surgeons in San Francisco. I talked to them all and chose Dr. Marten without a moment's hesitation. He is so skilled, kind, caring, really listens to what a person wants and is very keen on not getting a "pulled" look where it is obvious a person has had "work done." He is a master at fat transfers in conjunction with a face lift -- what a difference he made! I look not only like my younger sister, but prettier! Last year, I had Dr. Marten do some lipo and I now have a body that matches my face. It's incredible and looks completely natural. What can I say? If you are considering face or body work, run, don't walk to Dr. Marten. He and his staff will make you so glad you did. BTW, if you want to see photos of me nine months after surgery, go to my website: www.ginaharris.com. You will see I am a performer in a field where looks are so important. Whoever is reading this, I wish I could talk to you in person to look in your eyes and help you understand all Dr. Marten has done for me.

|  Pleased 15 Months Later  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

I had a revision facelift/necklift 15 months ago to correct the horrible work of another doctor that left me with horrible scars and sagging cheeks. Dr. Marten did a good job correcting his work and leaving me with less noticeable scars.

|  A Tim Martin Facelift - 11 years later  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

The truth is, being male and a natural strawberry blond, I hated my fair skin, and the perpetual sunburns when my friends were surfing or skiing, I was inside because of my skin being so damned sensitive. However, in my teens I started smoking and going to the beach & frying my skin with only coconut butter and the direct sun. By 39, I looked like I was 53 - and not a "good" fifty-something, either. Oh, I tried a little collagen and some Botox, but they were NOT enough. Finally, I met Tim socially and eventually set up a consultation. When he showed me the dozen or so "before photos" he'd taken, I saw myself as I really was. No time like the present. The full face/lids/brow/neck followed within a few days! (I was lucky - he had a case cancel at the last minute - most patients wait months to get on the schedule!) The whole experience was amazing. The IV's were placed by a professor of pediatric anesthesiology at USC, and I didn't even feel them going into my arms. Later I would learn that the scars usually seen in front of the ear from a facelift procedure were tucked inside my ears and concealed in my hairline along the temporal area. I even maintained a full wide sideburn - something men often loose when undergoing a facelift.I recall waking up as the staff was shampooing the bits of "stuff" out of my hair and bandaging most of my face in a pressure bandage.I asked when they were going to begin and was informed that it was done! Eight hours had passed. Little did I know I'd dropped some fifteen years or more during those hours!I went back to my hotel (at the time I lived in LA and the surgery was done in SF.) A wonderful private duty nurse came back to the hotel with me and made sure I had pain injections as needed during that first night. I'm told I got a couple of shots when required. I have no memory of that, either. The next day I woke up, and even with the bruising and swelling, I could see enough. I not only looked like I was 34 again, but as the recovery progressed, I discovered that it was a great looking & well cared for 34 again! At the time I was nearly 50. The last 11 years have passed faster than I dreamed possible. I'm now 61. The one thing in my life that has held up beautifully is my Tim Martin facelift. Even now when I tell someone my "real" age, they're usually shocked by the truth. If it happened once or twice, I'd figure they were being nice or kind. But it happens all the time, even now, 11 years later! My neck and jawline are not only still tight, but they're tighter than they were when I really was 30! Talk about artistry? The man is a genius, pure and simple. By making subtle changes in some angles and accenting the cheeks a touch more than nature did (using some of my sagging muscle to do so - no implants needed) he changed my entire face for the better. I asked him to leave some of the "laugh lines" around the eyes, and he did. The entire effect - once healed - was totally natural and yet so much better that even my own GRANDMOTHER commented that she wished she were still young enough to have Tim do her face, too! (She was 97 at the time!) Friends have been amazed. I've NEVER been shy about telling someone I've had the work done if it was appropriate. Being male I don't play true confession with everyone at work, but a couple of my bosses guessed. One even came out and asked "WHO DID IT?" A couple of months later, she was making a trek to San Francisco for a very long weekend and came back looking wonderfully refreshed and quite a bit better, too. She eventually confessed that after seeing Tim's work on me, she knew she'd found the 'right' surgeon to rejuvenate her face, as well. Lately a lot of the "Hollywood Crowd" has discovered Tim's unique talents. I've seen as many famous faces in his waiting room after 5 PM as I've seen in Beverly Hills over the years. Of course he'll never confirm that he worked on Ms. X or Mr. Y. But when someone on the silver screen for twenty-five years looks like they did twenty years ago, but somehow slightly better, and still do not look "worked on" or have that "whittled-on" look that so many of the A-Listers have acquired from that 2nd or 3rd lift performed a little too early and far too aggressively - if they just look "great" and even "Better" than they did before - younger, but not science fiction young - then you can probably bet it's a TM facelift. My own, now 11 year old TM lift is still holding up quite well. Those laugh lines I insisted on keeping will need a little smoothing out soon. And I've got a few lines around the mouth area I didn't have five years back - so loosing them wouldn't hurt, either. But other than those two minor items, the TM Facelift, now from 11 years ago looks as good as it did a few months after it was done. In fact, I heard a former patient teasing Tim about his facial work lasting so long that he's loosing a fortune in repeat business that a less meticulous surgeon would insure themselves of having, due to their inferior training and technical skills.Would I do it again! YES! Looking forward to it, actually.Would I send friends and family to him - yes, and have! How good is he? One of the top 3 in the US according to several national magazines who have done articles on the "top plastic surgeons". What about cost? Well, like one SF Society Matron ones quipped - "Yes, it's true. Money is not as easily made as it used to be. Of course a TM Facelift is a considerable expense. But when you come right down to reality - I'd guess I'd rather drive an old Buick than look like one!" Great analogy, too. The price of a new full-sized Buick about sums it up. Funny, but when we look good, we feel good about ourselves. And that feeling has no possible price tag.

Sep 30th, 2011

Dr Marten is an excellent surgeon and a true artist--but he is also a really caring individual who always makes his patients feel like they are special. That's because to him, they truly are. Thanks to his skill and expertise I now look in the mirror and see what I always imagined I SHOULD see. That's an amazing gift. And it's changed my life.

Nov 28th, 2010

Very knowledgeable and very approachable. Had excellent experience w surgery and clinic. He covers every detail and knows how to make the most our of your investment.

|  A consumer activist  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

I know two people who have had full face lifts done by Dr. Martens. Both look fantastic and both recovered very quickly, which suggests that Dr. Marten takes the care to cut as little as possible and makes few errors in the process. He's the guy to go to. Trust me. And I SWEAR, I have no connection to him other than knowing those two patients. Do not be put off by his quiet demeanor. Unlike other plastic surgeons, he's not a schmoozer or a salesguy. He's a genius surgeon.

|  Compassionate and artistic  |  show details
by Barbara M on Sep 12th, 2010

If you want someone who cares deeply and performs superlatively this is the guy.

Nov 24th, 2009

The best in his field!

|  Exellence  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Marten is both knowledgable and professional - I had breast augmentation done by him 15 years ago and still get compliments about how natural they look.