Dr. Timothy Marten, FACS
Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 25th, 2016

I have never evaluated or recommended anyone or anything before on the web. However for Dr. Timothy Marten there really should be 6 stars instead of 5 as a top rating. He is an extraordinary doctor. He was recommended to me by friends in the medical profession on the East Coast who told me he is one of the top five plastic surgeons in the United States. I had interviewed three other doctors before talking with Dr. Marten but never felt that I could trust my health and my face to them. After my meeting with Dr. Marten which lasted one and a half hours I knew I had found the right doctor. I was sent home from that meeting with a document of over 100 pages with before-and-after pictures and most compellingly detailed explanations of the procedures to be done comparing and contrasting the approach Dr. Marten would take with those of other surgeons. Dr. Marten has his own surgery center thus ensuring the quality of everything related to any procedure he does. He is not only a brilliant and supremely skilled doctor he is also clearly cares for his patients and is keenly aware of the life-changing effects his work can have. His entire staff is of the same extremely high caliber. I am 100% grateful to have found him and to have benefited from his skill and care.

Feb 21st, 2016

Dr. Marten is truly an artist. The staff was very supportive, especially Brittany. I had a facelift for the first time at 64 and I now look totally natural- just 15 years younger! I highly recommend him. He is worth the wait to get in to see him.

Absolutely the best plastic surgeon for face rejuvenation show details Absolutely the best plastic surgeon for face rejuvenation
Dec 25th, 2015

The best of the best! Do not look for another plastic surgeon for your face. This is the one!

Dec 6th, 2015

As so many other reviewers have stated, Dr. Marten is the absolute best of the best. I am thrilled with my results.

Nov 30th, 2015

I'm a male facelift and necklift patient of Dr. Marten. The surgery results are amazing and my neck and jawline turned out to be better than my expectations. The office is very busy due to Dr. M's popularity (despite no advertising on his part), yet they always take the time to make me feel like a special patient. Dr. Marten is always running a few minutes behind schedule, but he takes his time. I've always had him take a few minutes extra with me during each follow up appointment, as he has also done for my three friends who have also had facelifts done with him. In my opinion, he is by far the best facelift surgeon in the nation.

Apr 30th, 2015

Simply the best.

The Best Angel of Plastic Surgeons show details The Best Angel of Plastic Surgeons
by Lan Tang on Apr 6th, 2015

After 28 years of searching, I finally found Dr. Marten who is truly the best angel of plastic surgeons.

Jan 29th, 2015

He is a magician and an artist. I look 15 years younger and no one suspects--not even my closest friends-- because of Dr. Marten. It cost a lot, and the recovery takes longer, but one cannot expect a finer result anywhere on earth than one gets from Dr. Marten. This is not the time to look for bargains, trust me! I am a male patient and a Dr. myself.

The best! show details The best!
Jan 14th, 2015

Dr. Marten and his staff were all excellent. I am thrilled with the success of my surgery. He is conscientious, professional, and a true expert and artist in plastic surgery. He and his staff, including Helen, his nurse, were meticulous in preparing me for the surgery and following up. That was very reassuring for me, especially given this was my first surgery. I knew I was in great hands with Dr. Marten. I also want to acknowledge Lynda Hurley, the night nurse. She was so fabulous and comforting to me. She knew exactly how to ease any discomfort. Thank you all.

Jun 11th, 2014

Exceptional plastic surgeon : Skill and artistry. Was able to correct defects created by other respected surgeons. Would always return in the future if need arose.

Highly Recommended for Revision Facelift show details Highly Recommended for Revision Facelift
Mar 26th, 2014

I wholeheartedly agree with the many reviewers singing Dr. Marten’s praises. If you are a patient seeking surgeon for an initial facelift, then do yourself a huge favor and go to Dr. Marten. Dr. Marten is the total package - unsurpassed technical skill, artistic vision, a consummate professional, and a compassionate and respectful personality. In addition, I have never encountered a medical staff as impressive as Dr. Marten’s team. Based on my experience, I highly recommend Dr. Marten to patients seeking a surgeon to perform a revision facelift. I had a revision facelift with fatgrafting done by Dr. Marten over three years ago to correct the horrible results of a mini-facelift by another surgeon. Before I chose Dr. Marten to perform my revision surgery I consulted with several other leading surgeons. There are few decisions more emotionally charged and fraught with trepidation than selecting a physician to perform a revision surgery. Even before I met Dr. Marten in person I was impressed by his credentials and talent. Dr. Marten lectures at PS conferences worldwide. He is held in high esteem among his peers and patients. Dr. Marten’s before/after photos are jaw-dropping. What sets Dr. Marten’s before/after photos apart is that the patients don’t just look younger and different – they consistently look younger and better. I was also lucky enough to meet a couple of Dr. Marten’s previous patients which allowed me to see some real-world examples of his work. There were a couple of key factors that became evident during my consultation appointment with Dr. Marten that set him apart. After he examined the results of my previous surgery Dr. Marten said that he felt he could help me. Some other surgeons had openly expressed doubts that they could improve my results or were subtly discouraging, leaving me with the impression that they were less than enthusiastic about taking on my challenging case. During the consultation appointment, Dr. Marten quickly assessed my results from the original surgery. He stayed in the present-moment focusing a majority of the conversation on what could now be done to help me. He was hopeful but realistic. I felt like it was a productive use of our time and that Dr. Marten interacted with me in a way that demonstrated compassion and professionalism. Some other physicians had wasted a significant portion of the allotted consultation appointment time describing in detail everything my initial surgeon had done wrong and disparaging my results. Those consults had been emotionally draining and unproductive. Because Dr. Marten is so popular I had to wait months for both my consult and surgery. It was an agonizing wait because I wanted the revision completed as quickly as possible. I am so glad I waited for the best! I am grateful to Dr. Marten because I truly feel that he gave me a second chance.

A Terrific Resource for Facial Plastic Surgery show details A Terrific Resource for Facial Plastic Surgery
by Janie Q on Mar 7th, 2014

Dr Marten is that splendid combination of extreme talent in the surgical suite, an experienced and artistic aesthetic eye, a superb manager of a beautifully run practice, and a sincere and effective communicator. At 4 months post-procedure, I could not be more pleased with both my experience with the Marten Clinic of Plastic Surgery and my results.

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
by James R. on Nov 10th, 2013

I did substantial research and a lot of traveling to interview other top surgeons before having full facial rejuvenation at the Marten Clinic two years ago -- and I couldn't have made a better choice. I'm now almost 70, but virtually no one believes it. My "before" photos were so depressing that I can barely stand to look at them now. Dr. Marten lectures on technique to other plastic surgeons all over the world, and another top surgeon even told me: "You want Tim Marten." So I expected exceptional surgical skills. But what exceeded all expectations was the doctor's degree of personal connection and commitment. Two years after my check went into the bank, he is still generous with his time and offers warm, personal answers to any questions I may have. Dr. Marten's staff, meanwhile, is a model of intelligence and efficiency. You'll know you're dealing with the "A team" the minute someone picks up a phone. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't consider having plastic surgery anywhere else, even though I have to travel from New York.

by RP on Sep 14th, 2013

Had a face and neck lift 8 months ago. 58 yo Male who needed some updating. The office is run like a machine and all the staff are super friendly and helpful. Dr. Marten spend all the time I needed consulting with me and made some recommendation for the procedure and we agreed. Day of Surgery was stressful but Dr. Marten has his own surgical suite which was easy and comforting. He uses the same Anesthesiologist ( who was great and put me right to sleep!!) Dr. Marten saw me right before the surgery and then when I woke up 8 hours later. I did lots of reference checks on him and he was highly recommended by many other Surgeons and Dermatologists that have seen his work. I can say that the recovery and some minor pain was all worth the results. I look healthy, younger, refreshed and I still look like ME. Dr. Marten is a great talent is plastic surgery and I would definitely recommend him and use him again if I should need anything later in life.

Patient and Medical Professional (RN) show details Patient and Medical Professional (RN)
Jul 30th, 2013

In May of this year I underwent a face, neck, and brow lift with facial fat grafting. Not only am I pleased with the results, I find Dr. Marten an outstanding physician on all accounts. He is talented, professional, compassionate, as well as a good listener. His ongoing follow-up care is as noteworthy as his consultation, pre and post-operative care. Dr. Marten and his staff are there for you 100%! Having 30 years as a medical professional myself I know I make an excellent life changing choice and I wish I had encountered more physicians over my career that could match the incredible qualities of this physician and his staff.

Amazing show details Amazing
by Heather J. on May 8th, 2013

I flew across the country for him! He was highly recommended by all others I had spoke to about this procedure I had done. He did an amazing job with my fat grafting. Will definitely recommend to others!

great dr show details great dr
by heather on May 7th, 2013

I did full face fat graft, getting lots of complements 2wks out. He did an amazing job! True artist, u can tell he really cares about his work!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED show details HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
by Barbara on May 3rd, 2013

After 3 years of searching for the right plastic surgeon, my own brother, who is a plastic surgeon, recommended Dr. Tim Marten in San Francisco after having attended a seminar given by Dr. Marten on facelift surgery. I have just celebrated my one year anniversary since having face, forehead, neck and eyelid surgery by Dr. Marten. I am very happy with the results. I had told Dr. Marten that my goal was to look refreshed and rested, like I’d had a great night’s sleep. And that’s how I see myself now. There is no indication of surgery and the results are very natural. Dr. Marten is an expert both at precision as well as having an artistic eye. He even balanced my eyebrows one of which had been lower than the other since birth. My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Union Square, next door to Dr. Marten’s office. He has a great bedside manner and even came to our hotel room twice to check up on me. His staff was also very accommodating throughout the entire experience.

Top Notch show details Top Notch
Mar 28th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Marten by another well recognized surgeon because he does " very creative things around the eyes". Since that time in 2011 I have had other procedures done Dr. Marten because of his artistry and commitment to providing the best. He has restored my face back to more what I looked like age 40 and I am now 63. He has corrected damage done by prior plastic surgeons and has promised nothing that was not delivered. The face lift has left no visible scars. I am an active person and my appearance now more matches the younger person I feel like. After experiences with other plastic MD's I can not say enough positive about this dedicated surgeon.

Mar 24th, 2013

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Marten or his staff. Final outcome is still in progress but everything indicates an amazing result. Very happy I chose him!

Amazing! show details Amazing!
Mar 15th, 2013

Dr. Marten is truely an artist. His surgery center and recovery suite and staff are also incredible. After having had several cosmetic surgeries, my experience with Dr. Marten was so surprisingly great. The care of the staff, anesthesiologist and nurses also made a difference. No nausea, totally comfortable throughout. Every issue has been conisdered and responded to in advance of any need, thereby reducing any problems to zero in my case. I recommend Dr. Marten highly!

Great Experience with Dr. Marten show details Great Experience with Dr. Marten
by Susan on Mar 5th, 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful experience I had with Dr. Marten. I relied heavily on these boards when I made my decision, so I wanted to let you know that all the wonderful things you read about him are true. He is an artist and a wonderful, caring doctor. I had my neck, lower face, eyes and forehead done with fat injections. I just can't tell you how happy I am with the results. I think I underestimated what a huge operation this was, but all I can say is, if you decide this is what you want, you really need to find the very best doctor. Forget convenience, forget price - this is your face you are having cut on, so you need the very best. I feel so lucky I found Dr. Marten, because I honestly feel I couldn't have gotten a better result from anyone else. If you are anywhere near the SF Bay Area, do yourself a favor and go meet this man.

Amazing Artist! show details Amazing Artist!
Feb 13th, 2013

You will be thrilled with the outcome if you choose to go with Dr. Marten! He is a perfectionist, paying attention to every little detail. He is a genius in discerning what needs to be done in order to achieve the best result. He lectures all over the World, and is renown for his work. Dr. Marten has a great bedside manner. You will not be disappointed, I cannot imagine trusting anyone else.

It's all true, folks! show details It's all true, folks!
Feb 10th, 2013

I just spent some time reading uniformly flattering reviews of the "Marten Clinic experience" -- superb work done by a uniquely skilled and compassionate surgeon, supported by an unusually intelligent and professional staff. And the most important thing I can tell you is this: It's all true! Dr. Marten operated on me almost a year ago, as I headed for age 68 with my soul sagging almost as badly as my face and neck. All three are now very much improved. A full face and neck lift, along with substantial fat transfers, smoothed and filled out a thin male visage that had been turned sadly gaunt not just by age but by two decades of personal travail. Dr. Marten's work revealed again the boyishness that lay beneath the lines and wrinkles. Anyone searching for the right plastic surgeon should also know this about me: I'm a very hard marker -- often disappointed when it comes to doctors -- and a meticulous investigator who doesn't stumble into things like a drunken sailor getting a tattoo. Before landing on Dr. Marten's doorstep, I did a lot of online research, visited the best plastic surgeons in New York, and consulted doctors at a famous clinic in the Midwest. "Tim Marten is the guy you want," another plastic surgeon told me. He was 100% right. Another reviewer here spoke of wishing he could "clone" Dr. Marten's practice and instill the same sensibilities in medical and surgical offices elsewhere. I know exactly what he meant. And you will, too, if you become a patient.

Jan 26th, 2013

Doctor Marten is an artist with attention to detail. His office is State of the Art, with a surgery center that is the very best.

Wonderful results 6 months out show details Wonderful results 6 months out
Nov 12th, 2012

I am a male who had a full facelift and fat grafting with Dr. Marten 6 months ago. Words can't describe how thrilled I am with the work that Dr. M did for me. The decision to actually go ahead with the surgery was a difficult one for me and I visited Dr. Marten's clinic on three seperate occasions to consult with him. I've never met a doctor who excercised so much patience in answering my multiple questions and in helping me come to a decision whether to do the complete facelift or to just address my issues with my flabby neck alone. Ultimately, he left the decision to me and I chose the full facelift, stressing to him that I wanted to look like myself, just younger and slimmer. Six months later, I couldn't be happier with my decision-- not only do I look completely natural, it's quite apparent that he listened intently to everything that I requested. Dr. M has devoted his professional life to pursuing excellence and my improved face is testament to that. In addition, he is a very nice guy and is just as accessible after the surgery as he is before. I've heard it said that the quality of a doctor's staff is an indication of the quality of the doctor and in this case, I can definitely say that this is true. I wish that I could clone his staff and put them to work in any doctor that I encounter in the future-- they are incredibly friendly and professional.

Outstanding Experience show details Outstanding Experience
Nov 4th, 2012

I had put off making a decision for a neck lift for five years. I knew I needed to deal with this but was terrified of the actual procedure. Having surgery is very risky and I also had numerous fears: what if something went wrong, what if I regretted the procedure, what if it was botched? Meeting Dr. Marten and talking with him made me realize that he was the only doctor to go with and that I was in extremely capable hands. When I arrived for the surgery, I was still concerned about the actual procedure and he was very reassuring and extremely gentle. His professionalism was evident every step of the way. The recovery was much easier than I imagined and the results are amazing. I wasn't ready five years ago and somewhat regret waiting so long, but I am so pleased with the results. I cannot recommend a more competent, caring, gentle, professional doctor anywhere.

Lower SMAS Lift and Fat Injections - Looking Super show details Lower SMAS Lift and Fat Injections - Looking Super
Sep 22nd, 2012

I had a lower SMAS facelift, neck lift and fat injections done by Dr. Marten in mid-August, 2012. While I am almost 6 weeks post (probably early) I am already thrilled with my new look. In particular, the fat injections have added a rejuvenating fullness to my face, with fat placed in the temples, nose bridge, cheeks, lips and along the jaw line. I also had fat placed in my hands - I wish I'd done that years ago.I feel that Dr. Marten gives me 100% of his time, care and attention during my appointments. He is very thorough in describing his technique as well as addressing any concerns during the consultation.His stitching is phenomenal. I can not see the incisions in the tragus area of my ears; the other incisions continue to fade and are barely noticeable.Dr. Marten has an aesthetic eye which he used to improve my looks while not taking me too far beyond my original look. I found the staff at Dr. Marten's clinic to be responsive to my needs and work to fit me in to address post-surgical issues. I think the surgical set-up with a recovery suite for the first night after surgery is also great for safety and patient peace of mind. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Marten for patients wanting their lower face tightened up plus the rejuvenating effect of fat injections.

Changed My Life show details Changed My Life
Sep 13th, 2012

I looked at myself in the mirror on my 53rd birthday and thought it was over. The woman who looked back seemed tired and sad. I had my family's tear troughs and dark-ish circles under my eyes, beginning of jowls and loose skin under my chin. But what could I do? I was resigned to looking much older than I felt. Then I got referred to Dr. Marten, among the several top plastic surgeons in San Francisco. I talked to them all and chose Dr. Marten without a moment's hesitation. He is so skilled, kind, caring, really listens to what a person wants and is very keen on not getting a "pulled" look where it is obvious a person has had "work done." He is a master at fat transfers in conjunction with a face lift -- what a difference he made! I look not only like my younger sister, but prettier! Last year, I had Dr. Marten do some lipo and I now have a body that matches my face. It's incredible and looks completely natural. What can I say? If you are considering face or body work, run, don't walk to Dr. Marten. He and his staff will make you so glad you did. BTW, if you want to see photos of me nine months after surgery, go to my website: www.ginaharris.com. You will see I am a performer in a field where looks are so important. Whoever is reading this, I wish I could talk to you in person to look in your eyes and help you understand all Dr. Marten has done for me.

Pleased 15 Months Later show details Pleased 15 Months Later
Feb 11th, 2012

I had a revision facelift/necklift 15 months ago to correct the horrible work of another doctor that left me with horrible scars and sagging cheeks. Dr. Marten did a good job correcting his work and leaving me with less noticeable scars.

Sep 30th, 2011

Dr Marten is an excellent surgeon and a true artist--but he is also a really caring individual who always makes his patients feel like they are special. That's because to him, they truly are. Thanks to his skill and expertise I now look in the mirror and see what I always imagined I SHOULD see. That's an amazing gift. And it's changed my life.

Compassionate and artistic show details Compassionate and artistic
by Barbara M on Sep 12th, 2010

If you want someone who cares deeply and performs superlatively this is the guy.

Nov 24th, 2009

The best in his field!

Exellence show details Exellence
Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Marten is both knowledgable and professional - I had breast augmentation done by him 15 years ago and still get compliments about how natural they look.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse