Overall Review

3.2

January 1st, 2016
great docotor
I have seen doctor McClain for the past 8 years. My first visit I was very sick and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. He gathered all my records from the ER visits and hospitalizations I had during the past 2 months. He had me wait until he had all the records and reviewed them. Then he brought me back into the office and formed a diagnostic plan. When all the tests were back and I had seen the specialist he referred me to I had an answer. Dr. McClain never gave up on me. Eight years later he still is an excellent diagnostician.

June 19th, 2014
I've seen doctor MccLain twice and am pretty pleased with his performance. He is soft spoken, polite and easy to talk to. He's professional, thorough and knows his stuff but will also listen to what the patient wants and is saying. He also has a shy smile that I find reassuring. There are too many arrogant doctors out there these days! I like him as my doctor and will keep seeing him.

January 29th, 2014
Terrible Experience
Dr. McClain does not follow up on his prescriptions. He prescribed something the pharmacist could not fill. I called the office 10 to 12 times trying to get the problem resolved. I never got a response. I had to go to another doctor to get my prescription.

February 16th, 2011
Rude and obnoxious office staff
My overall experience with this Doctor's office is "UNACCEPTABLE". My husband went there with severe abdominal pain and because we were 5 min late they said that we would have to make another appt. We asked if we could talk to the Physician and the front desk person wouldn't even check to see if he would be able to work us in. Not only that, we called the Dr. office on Monday and was told he was too busy to talk. We asked if the Dr would give us a call...well, No phone call!!! We ended up in the ER and my husband was diagnosed with Dierticulitis. Now I have worked at one of the leading hospitals in the DC area as a Medical Office Assistant...and I can tell you that if we treated one of our patients like we were treated..we would have been in a lot of trouble. I would not recommend this practice to my enemy...mainly because of the OFFICE STAFF!!!!

February 16th, 2011
Negative office environment
Office staff refused my husband treatment even as it was apparent he was in severe pain...mainly because he was 5 min late. Never even gave the Dr. th ...

November 24th, 2010
The "Best"
I have been going to Dr.McClain for the past 15+ years. He has seen me through everything from bug bites to rashes and colds to Cytomegalavirus. i have always felt comfortable and confident with him. He is quiet soft spoken, friendly and above all else, super,super smart. He isn't shy about sending me for tests or specialist. He does not have an ego like most doctors.