Dr. Timothy Mcgowen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Mcgowen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2016

Avoid this doctor, he'll only make you feel worse.

this doctor is incredibly rude, arrogant, dismissive, unprofessional, and lacks any sense of compassion or empathy. he constantly talked over me and interrupted me, addressed my husband rather than me, was rushed in his exam, and didn't read any of the intake forms that I filled out describing my pain and its level. i have been experiencing severe chronic pain for over four years at a pain level daily between a 6 and an 8, sometimes even debilitating around a 9, and he just brushed me off. i left in tears and will find another doctor. i am still in disbelief that this person chose a career where he is supposed to care for people.

July 25th, 2015

Ripped Off

Beware! He "prescribed" a back brace for me. Did not mention cost to me. Was charged $266. Since it came with no instructions, I "Googled" it and found the instruction. I also noticed the manufacturer sold, thru Amazon, the exact identical brace for $107! What a rip off

March 10th, 2015

Great doctor. Really friendly and knowledgable.

June 12th, 2014

So Grateful He Blew Us Off

My mother had been seeing him for years and he had been recommending surgery. She'd been putting it off so as not to loose her job. Finally her body gave out and she ended up at the hospital. He came over, spent less than 5 minutes and didn't examine her at all. Was just plan rude and said call and make an appointment in 6 weeks! The woman couldn't stand or walk or go home. She was sent to a crappy nursing home while my father frantically looked for a new doctor. Thank God he found a great surgeon affiliated with Baptist who agreed to see her and ultimately performed the surgery. My confidence level with her new doctor is exponentially higher than with Dr. McGowen and I was actually grateful that he blew her off because I felt she received much better care elsewhere.

February 20th, 2013

rude, rude, rude

This is the rudest and most egotistical doctor I have ever been in the same room with. His written report was full of inaccurate information. We found another doctor...you should too.

April 30th, 2012

Great bedside manner. Dr. McGowen is kind and compassionate and very knowledgable. I would recommend him highly. The only thing I thought a little extra about was that I had an MRI and was told I would not know the findings until my next appointment which is 2 weeks after the MRI. Other than that I find this practice to be really nice and caring with the knowledge of my doctor clearly visible. I look forward to finding out the results of my MRI and finding out what exactly is going on with my back/hip.

March 29th, 2012

He did surgery on my daughter 6 years ago and she doing excellent. Her curve was really, really bad and he straightened her almost straight. She had no choice she had to have the surgery, but she is glad she did it. He was awesome with her. He made sure her pain level was managed at every step as best it could be with a surgery like that. He didn't ask me how she felt, he asked her, which I liked. Highly recommend.

September 23rd, 2011

Dr McGowen -

Dr Mcgowen had an excellent bedside manner with my child and myself. I loved his rye sence of hummor an my daughter appreciated it as well. We have only had one appt at this point,but first impression is he is an Excellent doctor.

January 25th, 2011

Forgotten

I'm not sure if it was miscommunication or just over booking. I brought my daughter in for a regular check up and after sitting in the lobby for 20 mins. were taken to a room where we sat for another 45 mins. I finally tracked down one of the staff to ask them if my daughter was even going to have an x-ray done to check her progress. They had to ask me who my daughter was, like they had not record of us or like they didn't even know we were there. No straight answers from the docter. No real advice. Getting another opinion!!!

January 10th, 2017