Overall Review

November 3rd, 2015
Best Family Practitioner Ever!
Dr. Timothy McGuire is the absolute best Family Practitioner I have ever had. He takes his time with each of his patients, & makes you feel as if you are the only patient he has to see that day. His bed side manner is so wonderful, that you forget you are speaking with your doctor, & feel like you are just talking with a friend. The words kind & compassionate do not do him justice.

June 23rd, 2015
Why can't all MDs be like this?

March 29th, 2013
Getting disappointed
I love Dr. McGuire himself. He is the best doctor, HOWEVER, I rarely get to see him anymore and its usually the NP or PA. Although they are nice they are not any good. They are not thorough, they do not read your chart or history, one of them questioned me intensly about the medication I was taking and it was in my chart!!! They rarely diagnose me properly, and the last two times I have called for referrals they were not sent and I had to pay out of pocket for my appts. The new staff is very rude, they are not nice at all. I wish it was the same as it used to be before he expanded his office, now the wait times are even longer as well. As much as I love him, its not worth the hassle-and I never get to see him anyway!

February 7th, 2013
Never going back
After my insurance switched, I needed to find a new doctor. Dr. Mcguire was recommended to me by several people. Unfortunately, I never saw him and always had appointments with the nurse practitioners. I was never satisfied and I found that they were NOT thorough. When I went in showing symptoms of the flu and expressed concern of getting my 3 yr old daughter sick, she concluded that I probably had a sinus infection and never tested me. The next week my daughter was diagnosed with the flu and then gave it to my husband. A few weeks later, I went in for severe anxiety attacks. I had a trip for work to NYC scheduled in the following few days and have a severe phobia of flying. I have anxiety attacks and shake and cry before boarding. It is terrifying and incredibly embarrassing. The NP prescribed Zoloft for my anxiety which takes 3 weeks to take effect. When I asked her if there was an immediate Rx she could give me bc my flight was in two days, I asked her what I was supposed to do. She told me I needed to figure out a way to cope. Needless to say, I left very upset and angry. I switched doctors that day and will NEVER go back.