A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Timothy Murtha:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Timothy Murtha is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Timothy Murtha, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Murtha graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Murtha has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murtha accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Timothy J. Murtha practice?
Dr. Timothy Murtha practices Ophthalmology near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Woburn, MA.
See Boston Ophthalmologists.