inactive

Timothy J O'Hare MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 28th, 2016
None better.

June 6th, 2016
Dr. O'hare appeared to be in a daze. I told him my problem and he just sat there looking at me. He just looked in my ears and said, I'm not sure what I can do for you. Offered no advice to resolve problem.

December 14th, 2015
he has been my angel in my life.

September 6th, 2015
No advice did not seem to care
I went to this doctor last year for chronic sinus problems. The doctor sat there while I told him my condition. He said very little, as if to say what do you want me to do. He offer no advice at all.

March 9th, 2015
office needs a new office manager that inforces compassion and patient first policy
After reading the reviews of this office and reactions of there patients. I believe there staff management issue here. More improvement on patients first and more compassion

November 13th, 2014
Good surgeon
My son needed his tonsils removed, he is in his 20's. I am a retired OR RN, I researched the few Dr's in our area, & knew what method I wanted for him (there are 3). Dr O'Hare's appt person was the only 1 in my calls who would tell me how he does it; she put me on hold to go ask! I researched his credentials, schooling, etc. I think the hands doing the surgery are THE important thing about a Dr, not his office staff, not his wait times. For the commenter who had 2 surgeries, I'd like to comment in my humble opinion only,on what you wrote, it seemed realistic plan. The cancer diagnosis wasn't made until the lump went to lab right?. If they got immediate results, these need verified prior to doing such important& delicate surgery.I am sorry you had to have these difficult surgeries & hope you are doing well. I don't like waiting for an appt either, but this is common for me; I think maybe some Dr's have left here for more $$ areas. I have to endure patients being very angrily verbal IN the waiting room about their wait time. Too old for tantrums, it is upsetting for all others. Any rate, I value the care given to my son.

May 24th, 2014
Terrible doctor, AND reports/deletes reviews he doesn't like to make his business look better than it is!
I have thyroid cancer and was referred to Dr. O'Hare by my endocrinologist. I arrived at my first appointment 20 mintues early, as requested. I filled out paperwork and paid my copay.....and then sat in the waiting room for half an hour. My 1pm appointment time came and went, and no one told me anything, though during that hour I discovered that there were two other people, also waiting for a 1pm appointment with him. He TRIPLE-BOOKED the appointment time. Finally I'm taken into a back room, the nurse takes my blood pressure, and.....I wait some more. I arrived at 12:40pm for a 1:00pm appointment, and he didn't walk into the room until 1:45pm. He offered no apologies or information on why he was late. He spent ten minutes with me, half of which was spent paying more attention to his medical student than me, and the other half of which he spent standing up and edging towards the door. Because he came so highly recommended, I decided to give him another chance and scheduled my pre-op, operation, and post-op. I arrived for my pre-op at my designated appointment time, with appointment card in hand, and was told that I was in their system for next week and would have to come back then. I told them no, my appointment is very clearly written as today, and in return they cancelled all of my other appointments, including my surgery, and told me to find another doctor. Dr. O'Hare then called my endocrinologist to say that this egregious mix-up was somehow my fault, despite the fact that I showed up when they told me to in writing, and that he refused to ever see me again. Dr. O'Hare isn't a doctor at all. He triple-books appointments, spends more time trying to get away from patients than to care for them, and blames the patient for his office's mistakes. And instead of taking care of his patients, he spends time removing negative reviews online so people don't know how awful his practice really is! (I've had to repost reviews to many sites because he had them taken down, despite the fact that I am telling nothing but the truth of what happened to me.) Anyone who cancels surgery on a cancer patient because his office screwed up doesn't deserve to call themselves a medical professional, and shouldn't be allowed to operate on people.

March 27th, 2014
Rudest Staf
I called to find out if I needed a referral for my daughter to see an ENT because I had a referral for Audiology. I was told by the girl who answered that I need one to see a doctor but I should fax the referral for audiology to that department and someone would call to schedule a hearing test. She was rude and short and I felt like she was hurrying me off the phone. Her answers to my questions were terse and abrupt, as though I were interrupting something more important. I faxed the referral to the number she provided and printed the confirmation report which stated the fax was successful. After 3 days, I called the Audiology number to make sure they received it. The girl who answered, different from the ENT side, was just as rude and asked my daughter's name. She said she didn't have anything in the computer under her. I told her it was sent 3 days ago and she said, "well we didn't get it" in a curt tone. Rather than get into a verbal volley over it, I asked what I needed to do next. She said, "You need to fax it again and IF we get it someone should call you". Sorry, but there are more audiologists and ENT's out there that we can go to. The people who answer the phones to schedule appointments, field basic questions and intake paperwork make me believe the doctors who employ them can't be much better. They can be the best doctors in the world but if their staff can't be bothered with new patients (customers), it doesn't matter. We are going elsewhere.

October 3rd, 2013
Poor office staff
I have been coming to this office for awhile and every time I come, the girl at check in is either on her cell phone or spending more time on personal conversation with other staff members then assisting their patients. I feel there is alot of "loud" personal conversating going on instead of working. My first appointment I stood at check in waiting to be given my paperwork and she didn't acknowledge me because she was on her cell phone. I had to interrupt her and ask her if I needed anything. I am not sure if the doctors are aware of the lack of professionalism that gives to their patients. The overall care I have received from the physicians is exceptional! With the exception of check in, the staff has been very courteous and friendly.

September 25th, 2013
Best ENT
Dr O'hare is one of the best doctors in brevard county. He was highly recommended by my primary doctor. I had sleep apnea. I refused to wear a cpap machine and he said he could help. I won't sugarcoat it, the elective surgery is painful but he was there for me the entire time. He took his time explaning what the procedure was going to be like during office visits, he made me feel safe as they wheeled me into the OR and i felt like the post op attention was excellent. I had to change the pain medicine and their response was promp. I had such faith on this doctor that when my daughter needed to have her tonsils removed, there was no other doctor that I would even consider taking care of my baby. My best friend in the world recently found out she has thyroid cancer and she is going to drive all the way from Deland to have him remove her thyroid because of his expertise and caring. The only thing that I have to tell future patients are that you need to be patient at office visits. There are wait times but as I stood in the wait area and saw the kind of patients that were there (some with some horrible neck cancers) I understood that my case was blessedly not as severe as others and that these people probably needed some quality time with the doctor. And when it was my turn and he took his time with me and Inoticed that probably the next person's appointment might be delayed, I knew he was worth the wait.

April 12th, 2012
Office personnel is horrible!! Not tolerant of patients needs. O'Hare's treatment rushed. Questioning his capabilities with tougher issues!!!!

October 21st, 2011