Dr. Timothy Oesch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Oesch?

September 26th, 2014

Not so good

I chose Dr. Oesch because - incredibly - he is the only primary care physician in Oak Ridge that my insurance covers. Although he is a wonderfully personable and kind man who spent an inordinate amount of time with me (no doubt the reason why the wait to see him is so long) and performed an unusually thorough physical exam, I found that he seemed less knowledgable about several medical matters with which I think most general practitioners would be familiar. Moreover, as like a few doctors, he has a pet theory - his is that cyanide air polluation is responsible for many health problems in our population. In response to several symptoms I mentioned to him, he replied that each was consistent with an effect of cyanide poisoning. I believe the danger of such theories is the tendency to employ a blanket explanation for many symptoms, and fail to identify the true cause of many if not most physical or mental complaints. In others words, what seems to look like a zebra in the shadows of the barn is really just another horse. I was very unhappy with the office staff. After one test, I contacted the facility that did the test and had them fax the results to Dr Oesch's office. I then called Dr Oesch's office to let them know the test would be arriving that day and for them to please call me with the results. No call. A couple days later I called with the same request - no call back. This pattern repeated itself, with my request that a nurse call me back with the results on at least 5 consecutive days (the office staff said onliy a nurse could give me the results). Finally I'd had it and told the receptionist that I really didn't want to have to "come down there" for the results, so would she PLEASE have the nurse call me back. The nurse called with a one word result: "You've got a bulge". I went to pick up the results myself and saw there was quite a bit more. I was never asked to come in to discuss my results (one would think the Dr would have followed up by doing so), but the nurse did say they were in the process of referring me to a neurosurgeon. Weeks later, and I have never heard back, which is just as well, because I want to choose my own. As soon as my insurance plan lets me, I'm going to get a new primary physician. THis has not been a good experience.

March 18th, 2010

wait time

the wait time to see Dr. Oesch is awful. I waited three hours because he had 6 appointments. The receptionist would not give me an appointment for later. She also did not tell me there would be a 3 to 4 hour wait when i checked in. The office manager and staff were just sitting around laughing and joking while sick people sat and waited.

January 31st, 2009

Amazing MD

Dr. Oesch, is a amazing doctor, his bed side manner is incredable and the time he spends with each patient is incredable.

March 26th, 2016