Dr. Timothy Phelan MD Patient Reviews

January 5th, 2012
The BEST of the best
Dr. Phelan is the best doctor your could ask for. Having esperienced many doctors with the delivery of my daughter (I had to be transferred to another hospital) he, by far, has the best bedside manner and compassion for his patients. His office staff is GREAT, and the environment is very soothing. He never makes me feel rushed, and encourages questions. I highly recommend him to anyone.

July 11th, 2011
I had high hopes for Dr. Phelan after reading his positive reviews. however, it seems that if you are a sexually active young woman who has no interest in becoming pregnant, Dr. Phelan would much rather spend time with his pleasantly fertile other patients. I came in because my cycle was a week late. Because I have an IUD, I became concerned-it can be very dangerous to become pregnant with one in. I also wanted an STI screening. After examining me for five minutes, Dr. Phelan recommended I buy a drugstore pregnancy test. He then screened me for a yeast infection, which came up negative. I assumed he had also swabbed me for an STI screening like I had requested, but he had not. I work long hours, and it is very hard for me to find time for appointments. Dr. Phelan's dismissal of my concerns (and his neglect to give me an STI screening test) was unprofessional, inconvenient and emotionally exhausting. By all means: if you are a happily married upper middle class Folsomite, go right ahead. This deviant will be taking her lady-parts elsewhere.

May 17th, 2011
The staff members are amazing and enthusiastic. Dr. Phelan is intelligent and easy to talk to. This is an excellent medical office.

February 2nd, 2010
I'm so glad I found Dr. Phelan
I transfered care to Dr. Phelan in the middle of my last pregnancy. My previous OB was always rushed. She never took the time to listen to my concerns or answer my quetions. I was so happy after my first meeting with Dr. Phelan. He is so relaxed. He really listend to me and spent time answering all my questions. As I got closer to my due date I finally told Dr. Phelan that I really wanted/needed him to be there for my delivery. And to my surprise he said sure. When the time came he was there even though it was his day off. He made the experience very special. I would not see another OB doctor.

January 31st, 2010
Excellent Staff
Another doctor had requested an ultrasound to check for a condition. Their office called and read some results that sounded scary, but said they didn't have an appt. to discuss for several weeks. I called Dr. Phelan's office and got in the next day!! I brought a copy of the report, and he eased my mind about the results. He took his time answering all my questions and even asked if there was anything else I wanted to ask him before he concluded the appt. He made sure i got copies of all of my paperwork so that I could have the same info that he had. Excellent first impression, and i plan to continue using him.

November 22nd, 2009
Dr. Phelan is the total package. He's highly knowledgable, is a great communicator, always follows-up with tests results etc in a timely manner, and he is incredibly organized and professional. Everything always flows smoothly in the office and there's no mix-ups. I'm so thankful to have him as my doctor.