Family Physicians

3212 Hampton Hwy
Ste B
Yorktown, VA 23693
757-867-6160
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  rude staff and rude doctor that rushes paitents out after making them wait for ever  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2013

Waited a long time in the waiting room then in a long time in the exam room, while waiting for over 45 minuted I could hear the nurse and doctor b.s-ing in the hall way. Doctor R then came in, inturrupted and talked over me, didn't look at me while I was talking and cut me off while i was explaining my symptoms. He and the staff are all very rude and do not follow up on things well. It took 2 weeks for him to write a perscription I had to call and ask for because he forgot to give it to me. He has always rushed me out of his office and never takes time to explain a diagnoses or answer questions about medications. He has never returned a call to answer questions about a diagnoses or a medicine that he didn't take the time to explain.

|  Small and simple office without the big city rush and confusion  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2013

Dr. Raines seems to have a very caring and positive attitude. After almost 20 years, I'm still amazed at his ability to render a quick and accurate diagnosis without a painful examination. I've been very pleased with with his selection and results when a specialist is required for treatment. The office staff has been very accommodating with all of my medical needs and awkward time schedule. Parking is very, very close to the office door and everything on ground level, a definie plus for my generation! Dr. Raines and staff should be commended for their amazing ability to pamper and keep life so very simple for their patients.

|  Uncaring Family Practice  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

I saw NP for injured shoulder on 9/4. I see her, because the Dr. seems aloof & preoccupied. He gives me the impression that he would prefer not to treat me. The NP he had prior to the one he currently has was a gem & she is the reason I stayed with the practice. The one I saw for my shoulder prescribed steroids & pain meds, suggested I get a sling & scheduled f/u in two weeks. I called prior to f/u appt for more pain meds because of severe pain (being in the sling led to frozen shoulder syndrome). She left early on the 2nd day after I called leaving no instructions for me & no refill. I cancelled f/u appt & scheduled w/ orthopaedic surgeon. After 2 months of physical therapy to get past the frozen shoulder syndrome & an MRI I was diagnosed with high grade rupture of rotator cuff. Surgery is scheduled for December. I have been with the same practice for 12 years & am not one to run to the doctor unless I have an urgent need. I feel that the practice has been neglectful & uncaring in their treatment of me. Once my surgery is complete I am choosing another PCP. I pay too much money to be treated this badly.

|  Never again  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

After a single appoint where I waited a very long time just to be seen, my overall diagnosis and treatment were never follwoed up on. come to find out the billing department screwed up royally and never sent me an outstanding bill. Never bothered calling or sending a letter. nice enough peole, but unprofessional and untrustworthy as a whole.

|  long waits and yelling  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

Office visit #1: Waited over an hour. I check from time to time on the wait during that hour. Finally, after an hour, the staff tells me the Dr. is running late.Office visit #2: Dr. Raines "isn't available" so the nurse sees me. She was great! Unbelievable experience #1: I need malaria pills for an upcoming trip. I call the office. They say since it's been so long I need to come in for a checkup in order to get the pills (instead of just calling them into the pharmacy) (btw, it's standard practice to have malaria pills called in if you're a patient of a doctor). I ask how long it's been since my last check up, they say, "less than a year" (!) but don't worry, we'll just bill your insurance (!!!). Um, my insurance only covers one "check-up" a year. Dr. Raines gets on the phone YELLING (!!!!!) at me and says if I won't come in I should find a new doctor.So I didn't come in and now I'm looking for a new doctor.

|  Review for Victoria Family Practice  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

Victoria Family Practice provides a wonderful service. My husband and I have been patients for 7 years. First let me point out that the negative comments regarding the staff have been corrected. As of my last visit which was January 2011 the clinical and office staff is very kind, courteous and compassionate. The office staff tries to work you in as scheduling permits. I have been able to get urgent appointments the majority of times. In fact I can only remember 1 time that I had to wait until the next day. I don't recall waiting over 15 minutes to be seen. Most of the time it's within 10 minutes of arrival. Most of my appointments are with the Nurse Practitioner. I cant say enough about her services. She is kind, compassionate and is extremely accurate in her diagnosis. I have also been pleased with Dr. Raines services the few times I have seen him. I highly recommend Victoria Family Practice, they really care.

|  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

Had him for many years. Very good. Cares for his patients and helps them when need to.

|  show details
Feb 20th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Raines for over 10 years. He is a wonderful doctor and the staff are nice. The older nurse is not nice but she gets the job done. I never see her smile.

|  good family practice office  |  show details
by S. Smith on Sep 2nd, 2008

I have been going to this office for 10 years. Dr. Raines has one woman at the front desk that is terrible but otherwise the office staff and CNP is wonderful. I can always get an appointment the same day if needed and I feel comfortable at the office. Dr. Raines is young but he is knowledgable and I feel pretty good about going to see him.