Timothy Rockcress MD Patient Reviews

3.8

June 11th, 2014
Outstanding!
Dr Rockcress is the BEST! He helped me when I was sure there was no help or hope for a light at the end of my tunnel. He guided me, educated me on the "whys" of my reaction behaviors and gave me the tools to mentally build my self-confidence back, be mentally stronger and more confident. I highly recommend him!

April 4th, 2014
unprofessional
Cannot keep a schedule. Every time I went in he spent about 15 minutes messing with this apple computer toys. Patronizing in the extreme. Kicked me out of his office, more than happy to leave. At least he didn't immediately try to dope me up on drugs....

February 15th, 2014
Good Will
All of the words that spring to mind in my care from Dr. Rockcress seem to be insufficient to describe how he has helped me. As a wife and mother of 2 I entered Sr. Rockcress' office fearing my medication regiment needed to be tweaked. Hoping there could be change...however, scared of the side effects and effort of trying a new medication. Fast forward almost 6 months...I have been on several new medications to see what works. My primary care had me on ones that were in juxtaposition to wellness. Now I am doing things I haven't in over 20 years. His positive therapy approach is likened to be passed back the set of keys to my life. I would recommend him for anyone interested in correct medications, a patient listener and a practitioner who is willing to step outside of the box to see improvement. Think Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting....that character is much alive and thriving in Maine. As am I.

September 26th, 2011
Dr. Rockcress gave me my life back
I saw Dr. Rockcress for the first time when he first came to Dover. He has made a huge difference in my life and I have no one but him to thank. Let me start from the beginning, I have been treated for ADHD sense I was just out of high school. Several years later, after childbirth I was started on a low dose of Wellbutrin to avoid post partum depression. From there, until just about a year and a half ago, my life was on a downhill slide. It turns out I was wrongly medicated/wrongly diagnosed and it was ruining my life. The wrong medication started with causing depression and one thing led to another and before I knew it, my doctor (or FNP that I had been seeing for the last year) had me convinced that I NEEDED all eight (8) anti depressants and anti psychotic medications that she was prescribing me. I was clueless and thought she was the doctor and she knew what she was doing. At the time I didnt realize she was making me insane. I was developing adverse reactions from the medications because I was being treated for symptoms from medications that I didnt need with other more powerful medications. It was spiraling downwards fast. (it is a long story) When I met Dr. Rockcress he was patient and willing to listen to me. He let me tell my story and never judged me in anyway. I was very hesitant at first, but his patience was amazing. He slowly helped me realize and changed my doses and got me off all those medications that were causing the adverse reactions. When I met Dr. Rockcress, I was a single mother and having a hard time with life in general. Sense then, I take 2 medications (with NO serotonin) and I am now happily married to my daughters father. Dr. Rockcress changed my life. He helped me realize and taught me the importance of properly diagnosing mental illnesses. I thank Dr. Rockcress for giving me my life back and helping me understand my real diagnoses and how to properly treat it.